IGNORED

Do commodore games work on Atari ST

cow comrade

Humm... did ours engineers when left Atari also went with the 8bit and put it together with POKEY in a small size inside the Amiga?

I'm not sure about that, but I notice there's a suspicious looking chip on this Amiga 500 board:

post-6369-0-33825700-1445109483_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2

Yes, Commodore 64 games do work with an Atari ST!

There is a miniature Commodore 64 built into every Atari ST. This is the technology that Jack Tramiel brought with him from Commodore.

You can clearly see the custom C64 chip on this 520ST motherboard at location U20:

attachicon.gif520ST - C64 Chip.jpg

Here we also have a prototype version of the chip (notice the keyboard is not quite complete at this point), as well as the later added 1541 chip (needed to simulate the slow disk loading speeds).

attachicon.gifTiny C64.jpg

Chi chi chi chi chichi chichi chichi chichi chichi chichi chichi chichi chichi chi... Aaaaahhahaha ahaha aha ha aha. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I love you guys! I was sad this day now I was smiling like for 15 minutes on the floor.

Lets be real.

You can play Frodo emulator on Atari Falcon ct63/3 or not?

So yes you can play C64 games on Atari...

But I found this video>

There is C64 on STE.

ATARI ST C64 EMULATOR V3.0

In this video ST emulator on PC and C64 emulator in that ST emulator as you see.

Edited by Matej
  • Like 1

Ironic, because I was working on a blackjack game for the Ataris myself today.

I'm wondering if this is just a slow BASIC program, or whether the emulator is just dog slow on the ST, because, man, those cards are drawing really slow.

I'd like to see what Turrican or something similar looks like with that emulator...

...Atari ST/C64 dual format disks are physically impossible since C64 uses 5 1/4" disks and the Atari ST uses 3.5" disks. Yes, you could use 5 1/4" disk drive on the Atari ST and Commodore even released a 3.5" drive for the C64 but publishers never supported those drives.

Robert

It took a long time for someone to finally understand this fundamental truth. :)

Edit: I have been waiting a whole week to see who could figure it out.

BTW, the c64 emulator thing is just a stupid joke.

Edited by Kyle22

It took a long time for someone to finally understand this fundamental truth. icon_smile.gif

Edit: I have been waiting a whole week to see who could figure it out.

A week? That was posted on the second day, and nobody posting before that gave any weight to the possibility (after that, I don't know what may have been postulated, as I don't have time to read through ridiculous threads like this).

BTW, the c64 emulator thing is just a stupid joke.

The whole thread's a joke, so no surprise there...

• Like 1

I do forget exactly what the game was - but there was one game, in which it was the C-64 version on one side, and on the other the A8 version thereof. A floppy disk.

Was it a Synapse game?

Harvey

There were many games on 5.25" disk like that, especially here in the US. Same thing with Apple II/Atari flippies, Apple II/IBM flippies, Apple II/C-64 flippies, etc. Most were some combination of C-64, Apple II, Atari 8-bit, and IBM. Top of my head, I don't recall any other systems in the mix. Naturally, cassette-based games could have many more systems on one tape. As was mentioned, Avalon Hill often did a half dozen or more.

Then of course there's this problem, which is usually pretty easy to detect:

AssBurgers:
1. Unlike its distantly related cousin and professionally recognized medical disease, Asperger's Syndrome, "AssBurgers" is when someone claims mental defect (that they probably don't even have) as an excuse for socially inept or unacceptable behavior. The term AssBurgers: is commonly entered as a mocking rebuttal on Internet forums whenever someones tries to evade (using mental defect as an excuse) being called on for poor behavior.

Edited by MrFish

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure about that, but I notice there's a suspicious looking chip on this Amiga 500 board:

attachicon.gifamiga - gumby.jpg

Wow, that really cuts us 7800 fans. The two sound chips we were totally screwed out of!* [not even bringing up the AMY].

*Okay, so we did get POKEY for 2 commercially released titles but damn it, that chip should've been on the 7800's mobo from the start!

Edited by Lynxpro