Photo

Mods/Repair Service - Now Accepting Orders!

463 replies to this topic

#451 Iwantgames:) OFFLINE  

Iwantgames:)

Stargunner

• 1,716 posts

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:15 AM

I'm not that good at soldering and even I could tell that wasn't going to end well lol

#452 icemanxp300 ONLINE  

icemanxp300

River Patroller

• 3,050 posts

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:06 AM

Ran across this youtube video tonight:

Ok after watching that video I have decided I am Now Accepting Orders.

#453 groundtrooper OFFLINE  

groundtrooper

Chopper Commander

• 166 posts
  • So many POKEY home brews. So few POKEY chips.

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:12 PM

If you are trying to drum up "orders" why would you show a fail video like this. Dumbfounded!

#454 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

River Patroller

• 4,503 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:48 AM

To be fair...I've also tried to swap 68k processors on my Genesis and it not only requires having the right tools (I do own a Hakko FR-300), but the Genesis systems are also incredibly finicky in regard to what CPU they will accept. Even with my de-soldering iron I still had one trace get damaged that that needed repair, and even though I installed a 64-pin socket to more easily pop out and try different processors, I'm unable to get anything other than the original Signetics that came with my Genesis to boot all games and work reliably. I say reliably but even Sonic 3 still requires that I power up and play other games for a bit before trying it. 

So I'm not defending this guy and clearly in that video things don't go well. But with the tools he had on hand, it appears he did give it his ole college try. Yes, he should have continued with the solder and de-solder of the pins noting which ones were being especially difficult before trying to give it the gusto he did at the end. Additionally, while using a flat bladed screw driver isn't a horrible method, I would have used one much smaller than that or better yet, my chip puller.

Edited by -^CrožBow^-, Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:49 AM.

#455 ApolloBoy OFFLINE  

ApolloBoy

Quadrunner

• 5,615 posts

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 PM

I just saw that video where he "removed" the 68K and I cringed so hard

#456 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• 16,069 posts

Posted Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:34 PM

Any word on this joker being brought to justice yet or is he getting away with stealing all this stuff?

#457 j360959 OFFLINE  

j360959

Space Invader

• 17 posts

Posted Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:37 PM

Any word on this joker being brought to justice yet or is he getting away with stealing all this stuff?

not as of late if anyone has anything to report

#458 Armonigann OFFLINE  

Armonigann

Dragonstomper

• 997 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:28 PM

I contacted this loser back when he first started selling his svideo Genny mods. His response time & constant excuses about everything was an immediate red flag. I cannot even fathom how many guys actually sent him money & consoles to mod.

#459 spacemanrocks OFFLINE  

spacemanrocks

Star Raider

• 65 posts
  • Daddles must be punished!

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:34 PM

I guess I was one of the lucky ones, I ordered a s-video / RCA audio modded Genesis about a year ago, sent the payment, got the console within a week or so and it's been working great since then.... such a shame to see someone who can obviously do this stuff do a runner with peoples stuff :(

#460 SwampFox56 OFFLINE  

SwampFox56

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 302 posts
  • Turricanator

Posted Today, 1:22 PM

Frankly, it's no one's business but I'm currently staying at an IRTS facility. I'm the transition of moving away from two abusive parents who've manipulated me my entire life. I lost money on every single console I modded (pretty much). I don't have access to any outstanding systems.

The genesis I ruined in the 68k transplant video was my own. I have video of almost every single console I modded and will probably post some of them in them in the future. I only modded (I believe) 20 systems. 4 of which, I still haven't returned because I can't. I'd like to get this settled, but I can't. I'd like to tell everyone that I didn't purposely take their systems, but it's not like anyone would believe me anyhow. 

I'd like to get this done with, but there's nothing I can do.

Believe me, a ruined reputation is worse than any other form of punishment, so you guys succeeded in reprimanding me.

I'll be moving into my own apartment in the foreseeable future. I'll be grabbing my stuff from my parents house and leaving forever. I'll be able to start returning things then. For the record, I got a visit from a detective, and given the circumstances - no action was taken against me since PayPal reversed (I think) every outstanding transaction. 

I plan to keep soldering, posting videos, and modding my own consoles. I don't plan to ever offer mod services again. It wasn't profitable anyhow and having a real job (while nowhere near as fun) is what I'll be doing for money. I plan to keep post on this forums since I quite enjoy having conversations about a hobby that I so dearly enjoy. But this will follow me on here forever and that's too bad; while the circumstances of my inability to provide proper service is sad - I only have myself to blame for that. 

All I can say right now is I'm sorry. 

Edited by SwampFox56, Today, 1:31 PM.

#461 icemanxp300 ONLINE  

icemanxp300

River Patroller

• 3,050 posts

Posted Today, 4:38 PM

I don't have access to any outstanding systems.

I only modded (I believe) 20 systems. 4 of which, I still haven't returned because I can't. I'd like to get this settled, but I can't.

I'd like to get this done with, but there's nothing I can do.

I'll be moving into my own apartment in the foreseeable future. I'll be grabbing my stuff from my parents house and leaving forever. I'll be able to start returning things then.

So let me get this straight you are a grown ass adult that had a detective come see you about stolen property that I am assuming is at your parents but you can't get those systems and the detective was ok with that.

BS!

I tried sticking up for you in this thread but enough is enough. Grab that damn detective, get your ass over to your parents house, and get people their shit back!

If I misread the above and the systems are actually gone then you can't start returning things EVER and you better start sending people some money.

You are right this will always follow you but you keep doing this to yourself. Every post is another excuse. Just as this last one is.

#462 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

River Patroller

• 3,318 posts

Posted Today, 4:42 PM

woe is me

Sounds familiar

Edited by Osgeld, Today, 6:11 PM.

#463 Armonigann OFFLINE  

Armonigann

Dragonstomper

• 997 posts