Photo

Mods/Repair Service - Now Accepting Orders!

557 replies to this topic

#476 grips03 OFFLINE  

grips03

River Patroller

• 3,368 posts

Posted Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:22 PM

funny video comments

#477 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• 16,893 posts

Posted Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:36 PM

"I'm choosing to do what's right because I feel I have a moral obligation to do so. " - Said ScamFox, 6 MONTHS AGO.

60244038.jpg

Edited by Shawn, Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:36 PM.

#478 MrVideoGames OFFLINE  

MrVideoGames

Space Invader

• 17 posts

Posted Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:30 PM

Apparently PayPal only lets you file claims within 45 days of the transaction. Oh well.

Yes.  Add me to the list.  He still has my mint Atari 2600 Vader for component mod.  Never got my paypal payment back either as I was willing to give a chance until after the window closed to make a complaint.  

#479 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• 2,636 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 PM

I think at this point everyone who had/has any money or hardware invested into this shmuck and has not received a refund or their hardware back has to expect that they will never get these things back. It's over. The time to file for chargebacks has likely lapsed and getting law enforcement involved is less likely as so much time has passed and he's apparently on the move. Just have to deal with it and learn from this experience. Keep dealings in check. Do not let months pass with the assumption that someone is just going to make it right out of nowhere. Remember the time frame that you have for paypal chargebacks should things go south...and for the love of God contact the police if someone blatantly steals from you. 

And for the original thread starter (SwampFox), you are a POS and should not only be ashamed of yourself but you should have been actively making good attempt to reimburse these folks rather than providing stories that frankly nobody gives a sh*t about. We all have tough lives...man up and pay your dues.

#480 icemanxp300 OFFLINE  

icemanxp300

River Patroller

• 3,597 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:24 PM

Yeah as much as you want to trust someone NEVER let chargeback time pass. Open the case and let it go. The case has like 7 days for an update anyhow.... If you go long enough to require a chargeback and still can't commit within that time AND the chargeback time then you obviously deserve the chargeback.

One more thing STOP GIFTING people lol. I have many people gift to me and that's fine they trust me that much but I will never encourage anybody to gift even to people you trust. It is not worth it. Look at it this way $100 payment is $3.20 in fees. Is it really worth that? If someone wants $100 profit I would rather fork out $104 and pay the fees for ins. That's just how I do things though.

Unfortunately for me ebay over the past 15 years has made me the most untrusting person out there regardless of who you are.

#481 SwampFox56 OFFLINE  

SwampFox56

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • Turricanator

Posted Sat May 6, 2017 6:55 PM

I'm going to be selling off some of my personal systems to get the money to ship things back to people. I don't want to alarm anyone. That's why I'm telling you all.

#482 Jaymiester OFFLINE  

Jaymiester

Moonsweeper

• 465 posts

Posted Sat May 6, 2017 7:27 PM

So there's a chance I'll get my NES back. Best of luck with your sales then!

#483 cjameslv OFFLINE  

cjameslv

Dragonstomper

• 656 posts

Posted Sat May 6, 2017 9:33 PM

I'm going to be selling off some of my your personal systems to get the money to ship things back to people. I don't want to alarm anyone. That's why I'm telling you all.

Fixed...

#484 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

River Patroller

• 4,307 posts

Posted Sat May 6, 2017 9:49 PM

I'm going to be selling off some of my personal systems to get the money to ship things back to people. I don't want to alarm anyone. That's why I'm telling you all.

how about you shit or get off the pot, it does no one any good telling people that your going to do something after you already failed doing something you told people you were going to do 

if you are sincere about selling your own personal stuff to make things good, THEN DO IT, and once you are DONE come back and make things RIGHT, dont just goblin fart in here making more false promises, your entire problem to begin with is just that, do you not comprehend that your word is worthless at this point?

people want actions, not more promises, Its really simple

Edited by Osgeld, Sat May 6, 2017 9:51 PM.

#485 eightbit OFFLINE  

eightbit

River Patroller

• 2,636 posts

Posted Sat May 6, 2017 9:55 PM

Pardon me, but get the f*** out of here. Nobody is going to buy anything from you here buddy. If someone actually does I would not only be surprised, but would also think they would need their head examined.

Here's an idea. Get a JOB and use the income to send things back to people. Stop being a leach on your parents and others and straighten your shit out already.

#486 ApolloBoy OFFLINE  

ApolloBoy

Quadrunner

• 5,696 posts

Posted Sun May 7, 2017 2:35 AM

Ehh I'm not interested in buying a console with questionable mod work.

#487 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• 16,893 posts

Posted Mon May 8, 2017 2:21 PM

dont just goblin fart in here making more false promises

You said Goblin Fart. :rolling: :P

fart_goblin_by_stilllifebattle.png

.... Goblin Fart.... :cool:

Edited by Shawn, Mon May 8, 2017 2:22 PM.

#488 cjameslv OFFLINE  

cjameslv

Dragonstomper

• 656 posts

Posted Mon May 8, 2017 6:01 PM

I don't get it, so everyone is mad this guy stole from people right? Yet there is other members here who have stolen money from many people here for years and very few even seem to care? Of course if i mention their names then my post magically gets deleted and i get banned from the topic lol. Seems a bit absurd, theft is theft is it not or is it ok when its a longtime member?

#489 King Of Chaos OFFLINE  

King Of Chaos

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 1:01 PM

If you're ending your modding services at least edit your posts on various sites stating so. The first post mentions nothing.

#490 glazball OFFLINE  

glazball

Moonsweeper

• 408 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 1:52 PM

I don't get it, so everyone is mad this guy stole from people right? Yet there is other members here who have stolen money from many people here for years and very few even seem to care? Of course if i mention their names then my post magically gets deleted and i get banned from the topic lol. Seems a bit absurd, theft is theft is it not or is it ok when its a longtime member?

I'm curious to know more about this.  Care to point me toward a thread?

#491 icemanxp300 OFFLINE  

icemanxp300

River Patroller

• 3,597 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 3:31 PM

I'm curious to know more about this.  Care to point me toward a thread?

I could guess he is referring to vaporware.

#492 cjameslv OFFLINE  

cjameslv

Dragonstomper

• 656 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 3:37 PM

I could guess he is referring to vaporware.

That is a correct guess.

#493 SignGuy81 OFFLINE  

SignGuy81

Dragonstomper

• 950 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 8:46 PM

If you have a bunch of peoples stuff and for so darn long and your so darn broke why not just offer to let them to pay for the shipping(not that they should have to) and them send you the labels in the mail so you can send the stuff back to them.  Then you could pay them back the shipping when you get the money from selling your stuff if you ever do.  If it were me and you had my stuff and the shipping was maybe $5 to $10 or so I'd rather just pay and send you the label and get my stuff back and then worry about getting the money for the shipping I shouldn't have had to pay for back, instead of waiting and waiting after hearing excuse after excuse.  Of course I would not send you any money what so ever to ship, just a prepaid label with my ship to address on it.

Edited by SignGuy81, Tue May 9, 2017 8:48 PM.

#494 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

River Patroller

• 4,307 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 9:30 PM

^ agreed

if I had a childhood memory held hostage by a junkie id pay to get it back, even if its in baggies, cause at least someone who is not a complete fuckup could screw it back together and hope they only lost 10$ and not whatever the price was + buying a whole new system  + postage 

doesnt matter, he already said months ago he was all settled up, and here he is begging more forgiveness on even more systems, its a flubbing joke

ps I said flubbing cause my 2 year old repeated me saying "FUCKING chunk of dog shit on the side of a west Baltimore ghetto storm sewer ass head turd eating shitpile express twatwaffle" , so im making a habit to not say that 

Edited by Osgeld, Tue May 9, 2017 9:36 PM.

#495 cjameslv OFFLINE  

cjameslv

Dragonstomper

• 656 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 10:25 PM

^ agreed

if I had a childhood memory held hostage by a junkie id pay to get it back, even if its in baggies, cause at least someone who is not a complete fuckup could screw it back together and hope they only lost 10$ and not whatever the price was + buying a whole new system  + postage 

doesnt matter, he already said months ago he was all settled up, and here he is begging more forgiveness on even more systems, its a flubbing joke

ps I said flubbing cause my 2 year old repeated me saying "FUCKING chunk of dog shit on the side of a west Baltimore ghetto storm sewer ass head turd eating shitpile express twatwaffle" , so im making a habit to not say that 

Damn your 2 year old has a solid grip on his vocabulary lol!

#496 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• 16,893 posts

Posted Tue May 9, 2017 10:27 PM

^ agreed

62561059.jpg

#497 7800fan OFFLINE  

7800fan

Quadrunner

• 5,301 posts

Posted Wed May 10, 2017 1:55 AM

So why is the title still implying the service is available when it's been established the service is much slower than a typical bill through USA government? And on top of that the person needs more money to ship stuff back??

I'd change the title to "not accepting" until this person cleans up his act.

#498 BassGuitari OFFLINE  

BassGuitari

Launch Edition

• 6,009 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Wed May 10, 2017 10:17 AM

To be fair, he did change his sig quite a while ago to note that.

This entire episode has become legend around here anyway. And any "Service/Mods/Etc.!" thread that's into its 20th page is probably going to throw some red flags, even without reading it--no marketplace thread runs that long without devolving into controversy (unless it's a sticky or an otherwise long-running sale thread).

Even if somebody managed to bypass those defense lines of community lore, common sense, and the contents of this thread entirely and contacts SwampFox about a job, I'd like to think he'd have the good sense to decline.

#499 MrVideoGames OFFLINE  

MrVideoGames

Space Invader

• 17 posts

Posted Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:04 PM

As an update, I have still not received any word or message that my unit SwampFox has is being returned to me.  

#500 SignGuy81 OFFLINE  

SignGuy81

Dragonstomper

• 950 posts

Posted Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:48 PM

As an update, I have still not received any word or message that my unit SwampFox has is being returned to me.  

Don't worry, he is selling off your(I mean his) personal items to get some money send everyone's stuff back, like a month and a half ago.  Sure it won't be much longer.  It is about time for him to come back on here and provide another excuse or sob story.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users