Photo

Mods/Repair Service - Now Accepting Orders!

557 replies to this topic

#551 Bratwurst OFFLINE  

Bratwurst

Stargunner

• 1,075 posts

Posted Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:59 PM

I did get my 5200 back and it works fine. It may be the one in a video above that you guys are bitching about.

I'll say this: Swampfox ripped me off less so than Curt Vendel and that damnable 7800 xm nonsense that so far I'm still out $115 on since 2009.

Well yeah, you're one of the few who did get their console back, and that was exactly a year ago from today and eight pages ago.

Posting this now isn't doing anyone any favors and I imagine there's a much larger pool of people who didn't get their things returned as well as being out of their money paid for services not rendered. Doesn't exonerate Swampfox in the slightest.

#552 SignGuy81 OFFLINE  

SignGuy81

Dragonstomper

• 950 posts

Posted Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 PM

If I were one of the ones who didn't receive a console back I would definitely give him some feedback here

http://atariage.com/...56#entry3499941

because so far every thing on it is positive feedback, I guess from back before he decided not to send people stuff back

I would leave feedback just in case he did try to do business again and maybe someone doesn't see this thread but will check the User Feedback first.

#553 Nuclear Pacman OFFLINE  

Nuclear Pacman

River Patroller

• 2,570 posts

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:05 AM

Well yeah, you're one of the few who did get their console back, and that was exactly a year ago from today and eight pages ago.

Posting this now isn't doing anyone any favors and I imagine there's a much larger pool of people who didn't get their things returned as well as being out of their money paid for services not rendered. Doesn't exonerate Swampfox in the slightest.

I understand it's no consolation to people who still didn't get their stuff back. I just find some hypocrisy being spouted off here. Also, please don't intimate when its appropriate for me to post, I actually have skin in this game unlike a large portion of people posting in this thread.

Edited by Nuclear Pacman, Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:56 AM.

#554 wongojack OFFLINE  

wongojack

River Patroller

• 2,367 posts

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:31 PM

I just went back and watched some of those videos.  I'm a total hobbiest when it comes to this stuff and no pro, but I physically reacted to him taking plyers to remove the RF modulator.

And in that other video with the prybar on the chip he had supposedly desoldered.  That was hard to watch.

#555 Osgeld OFFLINE  

Osgeld

River Patroller

• 4,307 posts

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:38 PM

I use pliers to remove RF boxes all the time, granted they are fully desoldered but quite hot, and I usually dont want to wait for a big metal box to cool down and I can never find my gloves lol

#556 wongojack OFFLINE  

wongojack

River Patroller

• 2,367 posts

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:10 PM

It was more the "action" than the "tool" that was getting me - lol

#557 artrag OFFLINE  

artrag

Dragonstomper

• 708 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:55 AM

Zeke have you ever repaired colecovision consoles?

#558 SignGuy81 OFFLINE  

SignGuy81

Dragonstomper

• 950 posts

Posted Yesterday, 5:30 AM

Zeke have you ever repaired colecovision consoles?

Read through the comments.  EDIT:  I doubt he will be back on here accepting work but just in case I wouldn't suggest from the comments I've seen about people not getting their stuff back.

Edited by SignGuy81, Yesterday, 5:35 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users