IGNORED

Orphaned Computers & Game Systems (Newsletter / Website)

We've written a bunch of new articles over the past few months, so I figured that it couldn't hurt to finally start a thread, even if I'm the only one who posts in it. :P

OC&GS was a paper newsletter from 1994-'99. It's been a website since then, when Adam dragged me kicking and screaming to the Internet.

http://www.orphanedgames.com/

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The latest article is about the arcade game Turtles and its excellent Odyssey2 conversion.

What a great article, Chris! It is a really fun read.

I haven't played "Turtles" in many years. After reading the article, I was going to fire-it-up in MAME, but then I figured it would be more fun to have you show me the game in person the next time we get together. It's great having a buddy that can write about classic games and is local. Getting together, in person, makes classic gaming into modern gaming. I love it! Heck, maybe we can play the Arcadia 2001 version under emulation too.

I can't wait for Chris' next article. He's going to cover how to properly play one of my favorite games from childhood: "You Blast Good in Super Zoki Zoki Alien!" That rare game is such a classic, but you hardly ever hear anyone talk about it.

ballyalley, on 20 Mar 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

What a great article, Chris! It is a really fun read.

I haven't played "Turtles" in many years. After reading the article, I was going to fire-it-up in MAME, but then I figured it would be more fun to have you show me the game in person the next time we get together. It's great having a buddy that can write about classic games and is local. Getting together, in person, makes classic gaming into modern gaming. I love it! Heck, maybe we can play the Arcadia 2001 version under emulation too.

I can't wait for Chris' next article. He's going to cover how to properly play one of my favorite games from childhood: "You Blast Good in Super Zoki Zoki Alien!" That rare game is such a classic, but you hardly ever hear anyone talk about it.

Glad you dug the article, Adam! I agree that not many people seem to be familiar with You Blast Good in Super Zoki Zoki Alien!. I'd like your help with that article, though. You're the only one who can get past the Super-Fluffy Poki-Chi-Chi Clouds of Many Deluxe Virtual Dragon Breath.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...