Photo

.BIN Repository - Images for burning cartridges (2/18/2017)

BLUE GREEN BLACK RED YELLOW

281 replies to this topic

#276 Lee Stewart OFFLINE  

Lee Stewart

River Patroller

• 3,001 posts

Posted Tue Jan 3, 2017 5:49 PM

Thank you for the reply Omega  (I have the extractor), but a good idea not to push them till the bottom (this is the first time doing it)

Maybe for next UberGrom versions it is good to have this flip type on the module as well (flip type PLCC programming socket)

so that it is easier to burn several 49F040s and switch between them  (if the socket is not too big to close the shell of the cartridge) ?

I use a ZIF socket on a black board (ROM only), which is almost certainly a lower form than the flip type PLCC socket, and the clam shell cannot be closed.  That really does not concern me, however, because it is a development board that I use mostly for testing before I let a cartridge loose into the wild.  :grin:

...lee

#277 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,850 posts

Posted Tue Jan 3, 2017 6:48 PM

A flip-type PLCC socket will not fit into the cartridge case--and it will even get in the way of some of the other components on the board if you don't mount it on appropriately-sized pogo pins. I have seen one UberGROM with one mounted, but that was a serious cartridge case/board mod. . .

I usually limit my use of ZIF sockets to the 28, 32, or 42 pin sizes for regular EPROMs. Aries sockets work best here. . .

#278 ti99iuc OFFLINE  

ti99iuc

Stargunner

• 1,085 posts

Posted Wed Jan 4, 2017 4:30 PM

Guys,
i have not resisted.  :P

Attached File  2017-01-04_231746.png   524.14KB   3 downloads   Attached File  2017-01-04_231719.png   1.13MB   1 downloads

if you want create your own it's the label to print :)

Attached File  Cart Labels.jpg   148.62KB   4 downloads

#279 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,850 posts

Posted Wed Jan 4, 2017 6:32 PM

I made some vinyl labels of the last iteration of your label--they came out pretty good. . .

#280 ti99iuc OFFLINE  

ti99iuc

Stargunner

• 1,085 posts

Posted Thu Jan 5, 2017 3:51 PM

I made some vinyl labels of the last iteration of your label--they came out pretty good. . .

The Previous Version was not the final one :P the title was wrong and missing some infos... this is the final version ;)

(Please remember to answer my PMs too :P )

Edited by ti99iuc, Thu Jan 5, 2017 3:52 PM.

#281 helocast OFFLINE  

helocast

Space Invader

• 40 posts

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:19 PM

I'm glad to see that someone is still thinking about this board!  :thumbsup: 

Besides... my burner is getting lonely just sitting there not being used.   :_(

I got mine today. Not sure what I'm going to do with it after I get through soldering all the pins to the boards that need them ...

Attached Files

#282 Asmusr ONLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 2,118 posts

Posted Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 AM

Here are some more for indexing.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BLUE, GREEN, BLACK, RED, YELLOW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users