Photo

.BIN Repository - Images for burning cartridges (5/14/2017)

BLUE GREEN BLACK RED YELLOW

298 replies to this topic

#26 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,971 posts
  • Location:Virgo Supercluster, Gould Belt in the Orion arm of Milky Way galaxy.

Posted Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:26 PM

Well, the intent is that you don't buy a blank AVR unless you know how to program it.... 

..., we can put together a little guide. It looks like most programmers can handle the ATMega, so there's really only a couple of steps involved. At the simplest, though, if you are starting from a blank AVR, you can either program just the firmware, then mount it in the TI for the rest (that was the intent, it's the simplest and only needs to be done once), or you can program the firmware and the GROM data at the same time (quicker since there's no TI program stage, but a little more complicated and requires the data to be prepared for this approach). If the AVR isn't blank, you can do the same or just use GROMCFG on the TI side.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys that bought one without having a clue what to do with it.   ;)   I figured if I bought one when I bought everything else, I'd at least have one on hand when the time came or I needed it.

A guide from starting with a BLANK AVR would be awesome!   I agree having the TI do the second makes more sense as it's part of the TI hobby.

I personally believe that more people would get into this stuff if they had a guide or documentation to 'hold their hands' the first couple of times to get them though the unknown learning curve.

#27 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 3,822 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:10 PM

I call for a presentation at the Faire on the various boards and how to use them.  Everything on-line is fine and appreciated, but at the same time seeing it in-person seems to make the process more relate-able to the average user.

#28 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,970 posts

Posted Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:44 PM

I guess I should add some images here too.  What you have here are the images to use with the 512K Red board:

Educational Modules

Games 1

Games 2

Games 3

Games 4

Games 5

Games 6

Utilities 1

Utilities 1 V2 (changes out many of the utilities with V9938/V9958 80-column programs--not for F18A)

Also included are two files for use with the 2048K Yellow boards:

2048K Games 1

1024K Games 3 (Why 3? Because at some point I will also break up the 2048K Games cartridge to make a version for 1024K Games 1 and 2, just to make identical sets).

All of these are the latest versions of the code I use, with the last modification to the 2048K module done just four days before Gazoo left us and joined all of the other great TI programmers who have already left this world we live in.

Attached Files

#29 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 8,220 posts

Posted Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:44 PM

Thanks Jim. This is an excellent contribution. :) I'll be downloading these tonight.

#30 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,971 posts

Posted Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:20 AM

I guess I should add some images here too...

Looks like I have more editing to do after work tonight!  Thanks Ksaurl!

#31 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,971 posts

Posted Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:36 AM

I call for a presentation at the Faire on the various boards and how to use them.  Everything on-line is fine and appreciated, but at the same time seeing it in-person seems to make the process more relate-able to the average user.

Ditto on that!  I'd add that if at all possible, could someone please make a video, and then upload it to You Tube after 'The Faire'. In In this way, all of us unlucky slobs that can't make it there can at least watch it later. 

#32 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:55 PM

oh yes, some videos would be really good.

RMSAAED

#33 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,971 posts

Posted Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:20 PM

I'm REALLY having fun with Gamecart.bin in Ksarul's message #28 that thing has quite a few of my favorite games on it.  Now I'm gonna have to buy a couple more UberCarts...  

#34 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,971 posts

Posted Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:34 PM

Could you help with a photo or two for message #1?

Do you have a YELLOW or RED cartridge or both?  Would you be willing to take a photo of it?  If you could PM a photo  in the

1585-1600 X 1035-1060 range, that would be optimum, but I can take larger and reduce the image in size.  Also, if you send one, or both, please include the name you want on the photos for credit.   --- THANKS!

#35 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 3,822 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:20 PM

Ugh.  I suppose at some point I am going to have to jump on the "Burnin' Bandwagon" (sounds like a great name for a band, song, or game) and start setting up my own ROMs.  As if I do not have enough going on around here. :P

#36 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,971 posts

Posted Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:59 PM

Ugh.  I suppose at some point I am going to have to jump on the "Burnin' Bandwagon"...

Yep, sounds like it, especially since things a filling in quite nicely in message number 2.  :-D

#37 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:26 PM

...did you see ? A new DU2K v2.1 is available on Fred´s homepage, and a "MegaMod Module 2015", but the link is brokken...

#38 Lee Stewart ONLINE  

Lee Stewart

River Patroller

• 3,150 posts

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:36 PM

...did you see ? A new DU2K v2.1 is available on Fred´s homepage, and a "MegaMod Module 2015", but the link is brokken...

Works fine for me.  Are you using this link for Fred's website: 

http://www.ti99-geek.nl/

...lee

#39 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:58 PM

yes, I am using the new page.

#40 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,970 posts

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:59 PM

By the way--Fred's Megamod files will work perfectly on a Black board set to 128K, without requiring any board modifications.

#41 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,970 posts

I just downloaded the new file about two minutes ago. . .

#42 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

...no, I cannot load it. MegaMod2015 = 404 :(

Attached File  404.JPG   113.21KB   2 downloads

#43 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,971 posts

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:02 PM

...no, I cannot load it. MegaMod2015 = 404 :(

Here....

Attached Files

#44 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:07 PM

thanks, I have that. But I cannot load this new MegaMod2015 huuu

#45 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,970 posts

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:31 PM

Here's the file, Schmitzi. . .

Attached Files

#46 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:19 PM

Bedankt :)

#47 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,970 posts

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:02 PM

Nichts zu danken, mein Freund! :) It is nothing, my friend! :)

#48 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:59 AM

...or   "Thank you very for the much"  :)

#49 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,680 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:02 AM

ah, and here is the direct link which is not working for me (404), just if somebody wonders and want to try

http://www.ti99-geek...ml#megamod_2015

#50 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,970 posts

Posted Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:06 AM

Here's the link that gets you there directly Schmitzi. Note the difference between it and yours. I just drilled down to it directly from his main page and it worked.

http://www.ti99-geek...iles/mm2015.zip

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BLUE, GREEN, BLACK, RED, YELLOW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users