IGNORED

.BIN Repository - Images for cartridges that require "burning" - (NO LONGER UPDATED OR SUPPORTED)

Omega-TI

if I just click on this "Site History" left on the main page, and then on the "21.Oct 15 - New MegaMod 2015 bla", I get Error 404 (red screen)

So there must be a problem (for me) on the website ? (or do you have the same behaviour?)

BUT: Ksarul, your direct-link to the file here above works. strange....but good....

case closed :)

thanks

/EDIT/

If I go via "Modules" on the left site (and not via "Site History") then it works :)

RMSAAED

Edited by schmitzi

I wanted to standardize everything and decided to go with the BLUE "Uber Cart" for multiple reasons.

1) I was able to score a few dozen PLCC's at a good price.

2) The cartridge has been readily available.

3) No external switches are necessary.

4) This cart can do things the others can't, so it appears to give one the greatest flexibility and room for growth.

So.... let's burn...

gallery_35324_1027_1363447.jpg

(CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE)

Schmitzi... the photo is big just for you. :)

• Like 3

Hey, Omega -

In the table at the top, you might want to put cartridge board compatibility in the table for each entry. Even though it's a given, I would also explain what the different color boards are (below the pictures you posted), and then put what boards work with what images. I myself lose track of what Ksarul has colored each one, LOL

i.e. something like

Green = 64K Board - 28 pin (hackable to 128K). 2764, 27128, 27256, 27512

Red = 512K Board (32 or 28 pin), fully addressable 512K. 2764, 27128, 27256, 27512, 27C010, 27C020, 27C040

Black = 512K Board (32 or 28 pin), 128K addressable. Space for two switches for four 128K "banks" 2764, 27128, 27256, 27512, 27C010, 27C020, 27C040

Yellow = Up to 2M Board (Ksarul will have to tell you chip compatibility)

UberGROM = Atmel 1284P, 49F040 - 512K ROM

• Like 2

Hey, Omega -

In the table at the top, you might want to put cartridge board compatibility in the table for each entry. Even though it's a given, I would also explain what the different color boards are (below the pictures you posted), and then put what boards work with what images. I myself lose track of what Ksarul has colored each one,

Dang good idea! I posted your information in the first message under the photos of the individual carts, but might need need help on which image works with which cart. You are absolutely correct, it needs to be done, especially for newbies in the future that might come across it. I know the assumption is that the smaller ones a inverted for the green and the RED & BLUE and larger compilation carts are not inverted. Personally I'd like to see versions done for each, that way it can be download, program, plug & play.

Here is a 8-in-1 cartridge image with all my games together. It requires a 512K red board or a blue board without any GROMs loaded to run.

post-35226-0-90041800-1446494478_thumb.png

The games have been reassembled to ensure that you can soft reset (Fctn-quit) - at least from the title page - and that the F18A is properly reset/locked, which was causing problems on the old 3-in-1 cart.

The reason you cannot run the image on a blue board with any GROMs loaded is that all the entries in the menu are in use, and if you add another entry it starts to misbehave. I have tried it on a blue board with the ATMega 1284 removed, but I don't have a red board to test it with yet.

I have included the latest version of Bouncy on the image (the one with a bigger score range), but since this game is still in the test phase it is likely that I will update the image with a newer version later on.

I haven't had time for a lot of testing, so please report any problem that you find.

Rasmus-8in1-cart-8.bin

Rasmus-8in1-cart.rpk

• Like 13

Here is a 8-in-1 cartridge image with all my games together. It requires a 512K red board or a blue board without any GROMs loaded to run.

I burned this image at lunch and it works fine on a red board. Not much testing time to play games...just loading of each game. :)

Edited by Fritz442
  • Like 2

Any image that runs on a ROM-only Blue board will run perfectly on a Red board (or on a Yellow board with a 512K chip, for that matter). I interchanged numerous images between the three to make sure the boards were fully compatible with each other.

I like this one! :)

On the red board, what does "R2 and SW-1 for 1024K EPROM only" mean? Does it support a 27C080 EPROM with this switch?

Edit: And are there any plans for a version of the red board with a PLCC 32 socket? Perhaps a simplified version with most of the jumpers removed?

• Like 1

R2 and SW1 allow the Red boards to be used with a 27C080, as you suspected, Rasmus. It then works as two independent 512K cartridges in a single case. The option was added to support some work Gazoo was doing before I came up with the 2048K Yellow boards. That later work made the Red board option mostly redundant, but I leave it in place for the use of folks who might eventually want to use it that way, just in case.

And I do plan on a PLCC version of the Red boards. I'll probably do the layout in the next month or two, as that is a simple modification to the existing board (and most of the jumpers will disappear in that mode, as it will then only support 128K, 256K, and 512K chips). I'll send you a test board once I make a batch of them.

• Like 2

Here is a 8-in-1 cartridge image with all my games together.

post-35226-0-90041800-1446494478_thumb.p

Good thing I'm waiting on a couple of more cartridges, 'cause this image found a permanent home (until it's updated).

Hey Rasmus, what are you going to do after you right your next game? I think the basic menu is, "done full up". You might need to design a real cool menu...

OH yeah... this is just BEGGIN' for a specialty cartridge label too!