IGNORED

Upp! (Final ROM & Source)

Gemintronic

Here is the ROM and source (see at bottom) for my new game Upp! It uses a modified paddlemini mini kernel from RevEng.

UPDATE: oops! Also uses pfhscroll.asm from SeaGtGruff found here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/201378-horizontal-scrolling-help/

http://theloon.itch.io/upp

Escape the space barrier by thrusting upwards! Avoid the plasma ball and laser blasts from enemy UFOs. Obtain the energy pods (the round objects with an exclamation mark) to blast openings. If a plasma ball strikes an energy pod then the space wall rebuilds. Points are awarded when the plasma ball hits the space wall or the player exits far north.

Set either difficulty switch to PRO for a slightly more challenging game.

Press FIRE to start game or thrust upwards.

Steer left or right with the joystick.

upp.zip

• Like 8

It feels very Arkanoid-like! I really like what you've done with the title screen. Interesting take on the game play. However, because Breakout-style games are so ingrained in my brain, I keep wishing I could be the paddle at the bottom of the screen. This would make a really fun two player game - one person controlling the paddle and the other trying to foil the brick-breaking.

• Like 3

It feels very Arkanoid-like! I really like what you've done with the title screen. Interesting take on the game play. However, because Breakout-style games are so ingrained in my brain, I keep wishing I could be the paddle at the bottom of the screen. This would make a really fun two player game - one person controlling the paddle and the other trying to foil the brick-breaking.

yeah, RevEngs paddle mini kernel was originally for paddle control.. I just couldn't resist having one more flicker free sprite on-screen though :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...