IGNORED

Unlicensed Zapper Games?

I recently hooked an NES deck up to a CRT in my bedroom and it's fantastic. One of the best parts is that I can play my Zapper games again. I loved the Zapper. It's been almost a decade, and it's been fun discovering ones that I wasn't familiar with (I never played much Wild Gunman or Freedom Force as a kid) along with my favorites (Hogan's Alley, Duck Hunt).

So, I was going through my folder of NES roms and got a laugh at one called "Hit Marmot". Weird name. So I fire it up and find it's a Zapper game! Basically "Whack-A-Mole", except... you shoot them? It's listed as an "unlicensed Asian game"... making me wonder what else is out there, beyond graphical hacks or whatever.

So, I know there's the list of official games (that may or may not include the "gun-optional" games), but can anyone guide me through the wild, mysterious territory of unlicensed Zapper games for the NES? Like, say, any good ones?

Edited by mikey.shake

Chiller is an unlicensed game. Whoever created this game had a sick demonizing mind. You shoot naked people hanging on chains, dead people, etc. You blow their arms, heads, and legs off. It was ported from the arcade from 1986.

Chiller was the sh*t! I loved playing that in the arcade, is the NES version censored?