IGNORED

Xbox 360 collectors..how has your collection grown?

Unbeliever

Just wondering now that the Xbox 360 console's pulse seems to be slowing down more, how your collections are coming along and if you're able to find the games you're looking for easily, depending on the title and "rarity". Are there any Xbox 360 games that are really "rare" at this point in time, excluding imports?

I just started collecting again and my local Gamestop seems to be the "best" spot to pick up cheap games for $15 and under (scored Halo 4 for $5.50 the other day). I haven't scoured Craig's List or Ebay as of this writing. Are you guys and gals getting your games complete? I prefer my collection to have instructions if available and a nice case as well.

Thoughts and comments appreciated to help me grow my own collection.

Steve

• Like 1

I got a ton of games digitally on the xbox live store, because of the large Discounts, or plain "free" games with Gold. A bunch of the best stuff is actually digital only. And some great games are in the xblig, which is a pitty, because that Service is straight out garbage. Inexcusable.

That said, I have most games I want for the platform. What I personally find interesting are the fighters, Spaceship scrooling shooters, and some specific Action games. I also got many FPS games for the System, which I actually regret. Playing FPS games on a Controller is horrible.

Prices are great, and I know of no games that are rare or expensive at all, except for some Japan only Scrolling shooters.

In my oppinion the 360 is an awesome console, and hard to decide what is better between it and the PS3. In the end, mostly because of the Scrolling shooters and Capcom Digital Collection I think the 360 might have the edge for me.

But as I started, I'm pretty much done. Since I got the System 2 years ago I got around to buying almost all games I really want to have. So I'm happy. It's gonna take a decade at the least for me to Play all good games I got. TThat is, if I actually get around to playing more than I've been playing lately.

I got many games on e-bay, Gamestop is actually also a good place, and many of the ebst games are 10-20 bucks on Amazon.com. Used on Amazon and e-bay it's really easy to find games for a reasonable Price.

Dark Souls is certainly one of my favourite games on the 360, but if you can get it on PC get it on PC, because on the 360 Frame rates are just horrendous. Unfortunately mostly this holds true for any multiplat AAA title, with the choice I'd recommend PC.

Now my Gold Membership expired, and I'm sorta torn wether I should renew it or not. I haven't been playing online too much anyway, I have Ultra Street Fighter IV on PC anyway. I guess I'll just stay "silver".

I'm glad I got the 360 when I did. So many good sales, and so many games for Gold. Now I feel it's a lot slower. Games are dirt cheap though, so if someone is thinking about it, yeah do get it.

• Like 1

By leaps and bounds, as of late. Now is the time to be buying for the 360, and the original Xbox too while it's still affordable. A full collection will be extremely difficult due to the sheer number of titles, but it is doable for the time being. It won't be within a decade's time. A few tips:

• Get the various expanded/ Game of the Year/ Platinum editions of titles wherever possible, as those have a lot of the expansions that will otherwise be unobtainable once the online servers are taken offline.
  • Look up sales figures and print runs for various games, particularly from lesser known developers and publishers. There is a shocking amount of very uncommon and overlooked titles on this system, and it might be best to buy sealed copies and later do a trade-down for an open copy you'll actually play once prices go up.
  • Divide the games you have and/or the games you'd plan to purchase into two categories: 100% offline Achievements and those with some online Achievements. Buy up the titles with all offline Achievements while they're still cheap, as these will greatly increase in price once the online servers are shutdown and retrogamers of the near future want to increase their Xbox 360 Gamerscore. Yet for now, play the titles with online Achievements first, while the online servers are still active. Time is dwindling for many, as plenty have already been taken offline and many more are devoid of activity. If necessary, simply buy a second (and ideally, a third and fourth, for future-proofing) brand new spare system, and purchase 1-month subscriptions and play against yourself to get what already are very rare Achievements.
  • Like 1

None at all really. I literally have several dozens of unplayed Xbox 360 games and rarely pick up new ones even at bargain prices. Hoping to sell my house soon and downsize. When that happens, I'll probably start picking up some of the Collectors Edition I've missed. I will have to say the Xbox 360 is in my top 5 systems of all time. Great time to be a gamer!

I have to agree with you! I can't believe the prices on some of the games I've seen for my Xbox 360 so far. Of course to complete collections I have to do a little digging, but so far I've found what I've wanted. For example, Borderlands 2 was the limited/deluxe edition for about $10.00 when I first bought the Xbox 360 and had to have it. Also managed to get a complete Borderlands, so I was happy to snag those two for under $20.00.

With the Power Up Rewards points from the trade I did, I picked up a blue vinyl Claptrap Pop figure and added him to my growing odds and ends of the video game world. lol So far so good with owning and enjoying my Xbox 360. I guess there's no rush to get all the games at once, so I'll just take my time and work through them slowly, adding what I want over time. I really am looking for collectors/limited/deluxe editions of games if available. Question though: If you already have the "normal" game, to you add a Deluxe/limited/collectors edition anyway?

I got borderlands 1 and 2 for 7 Dollars in the humble bündle, with some DLC,a dn a couple other games with them. For PC obviously, running at full framerate with full Details even on a mediocre PC, and playing with mouse and Keyboard, that's way better... I seriously think playing These multiplatform games on the 360 is sorta misusing it.

Now, get your Hand on a Madcatz Soul Calibur V Arcade Fightstick Soul Edition and a bunch of fighting games and shooters. And there the console shines.

Probably what is left of most of my collection is digital as well. For games that were only released on-line, I wonder if some of them will be playable on the Xbox One once BC is up and rolling (e.g., can I get my Ikaruga fix...).

I still have some games unplayed. As Halo 5 creates hype, Halo 4 still sits on my shelf in shrink wrap.

I may try to track down some games here and there that are good but went unnoticed. All things being equal, if it exists for the PS3, I would probably get that version. Xbox 360 games from our local GS tend to be pretty banged up if used.

Mine is growing OK lately but it's more because I picked up a second used system a few months ago. My first system was used as well & i didnt trust it so i held off buying a lot of games. I'd like to buy a new system but that might have to wait, maybe Black Friday will bring something.

I plan on buying more games since I'd say the 360 ranks about #4 on my list of favorite systems right now and I only own 32 games, almost 1/3 of them are still sealed.

The racing games are awesome and I have the Microsoft steering wheel so looking forward to more of them.

Seems that there's not a ton of love for the system from what I'm seeing. However, that being said, it's understandable. I've had a 360 before and made the foolish choice to part with it, but not this time. I've found two consoles I can focus on collecting for (the 360 and Atari 2600), so I'm finally starting to "get with it" and stop having such major bouts of OCD. I can't imagine what my systems and games would be like if I'd actually KEPT everything I've sold over the years. Well, I'd probably be a lot happier, but eh, that's besides the point.

I've ranked the system #2, next to my Atari 2600, as favorite game consoles. I do have a PS2 slim and Gamecube, but both are sitting on a shelf next to my Intellivison. I should probably hook up my PS2 as well, since I do have room for it and about 12 games...we'll see. Cross platforming games doesn't bother me too much. My current PC cannot run games that the Xbox 360 can, and I like the idea of the console's lineup and some of my favorite games are there. Fortunately, my local Gamestop seems to have the used games in darn good shape with nary a scratch. Perhaps they are a little more particular than some Gamestops around the country.

Now, my next question is: Should I go out of my way to collect limited edition/deluxe edition games? This would probably have me hitting Ebay more often then I would like, but if it were you, would be those you would get first? Some of those limited and deluxe edition games are really sweet. I love to collect, but also love to play the games frequently.

Steve

Well, wether you should collect limited Editions is up to you. Me personally I'm fine with getting the disk only, but I don't mind having the Manual (if there is one...). Limited Editions are just junk to me. I don't buy dolls anymore, I wouldn't buy one that Comes in the same box as the game I'm getting.

But I know it's taste. If the question is wether they'll get expensive later? Who knows... I certainly don't. Lots of rare expensive stuff are from times where games sold Little. There are so many 360s out there. Even These limited Editions sold tons. But if they get demand at some Point the Price will increase of course.

I think the only appeal I can personally see (as a collector) would be to have one limited/deluxe edition and one "regular" edition. But I have to ask myself: Do I really want to go "that far" with it? From a pure entertainment standpoint, it seems unnecessary. I've never really been a "diehard" collector, but if I can get them cheap(er), then I'll get them as I see them. I *do* like the collectible artwork and figures...I recently got a Claptrap Pop! vinyl figure that showcases nicely with my other collectibles, even though the collection is small.

Odds and ends aside, the gaming is first and foremost in my mind for the system and I'm collecting to play it, not stare at it for hours on end.

My 360 game collection is getting a little bit out--of-hand. There are a ton of games sitting on the shelves that I have yet to play. I've found that you can get good deals on the Japanese games that were actually ported to the system. There are a few that I found lately that I had no idea were even released on the 360.

As a machine, I'm really impressed with it. I've got a couple of 360 S consoles and they are reliable, quiet, and they run very smoothly. Everything about them is designed intelligently (except maybe the silly bobbleheaded avatars that come with it, but that's just a marketing and software thing).

If you plan to run yours for many years, don't forget to pick up a spare rechargeable battery for your wireless controller(s).

I haven't gotten the rechargeable batteries for it yet. So far so good on the first set in the controller, but I'm sure I'll want to make sure that I have that for practicality. It's funny, though...I found a bazillion AA batteries in a drawer the other night and was thinking, "I wonder how long it will take me to whittle these down playing my Xbox 360". :P

Both my rechargables died a couple of months ago. Kinda pissed me off because I thought it was the charger, what are the odds 2 batteries would go at the same time. I bought a new charger & that's how I found out. I have an extra battery now but also have the charging cable which I can use to play & a wired controller. I like the wireless but don't mind wired. Will pick up another battery in the near future.

I don't mind wired myself...I think I'll put that on my "to get" list so I don't have to worry about eating all the AA's in the house. Although it's been three weeks since I put new batteries in my controller, I know it's only a matter of time. I really don't play all that often, but usually spend an hour or two a night playing Diablo III, for example. Borderlands is another heavy play title.

So new month coming up and it'll be time to hit the stores again for some "new" used titles. I bought two I really have no liking for, so I might trade them in for another title or just keep them to say they are in my collection. I had a pretty good set up last time, and probably might invest in the rechargeable set up again. Seemed to work pretty well, as I said, I don't really mind a wired controller. Only need one, as I'm the only person that plays the Xbox 360 in my house.

I largely bought my 360 for the amazing array of indie games, and the shoot 'em ups (including the various Japanese expensive ones). I also got it for the handful of original X-Box exclusives that intrigued me (the system does not play them all, tho'), I like the system a lot; more than I expected to. I only have, oh, 20 or 30 physical games, but have well over 100 indie and arcade titles on the HD. It's nice, if there's a last gen game I want and it's too expensive on PS3, that I have a chance of getting it cheaper here. The missus digs achievements (more so than "Trophies," altho' they are two sides of the same coin) and I must admit that I do, as well (not that you'd know it from my gamer score).

• Like 2

Indie games are pretty amazing. Since I just started collecting, I'm more into the physical copies at the moment but hopefully will hit the Indie market soon. With my Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary edition, there was an outfite (Master Chief suit) for my avatar and an in-game item. I'm surprised the codes worked, but they did. Here's a picture of my setup:

post-440-0-71603000-1445954536_thumb.jpg]

Sorry the picture is sideways. It wasn't when I looked at it to add to this posting. :(

Anyway, I have a question: My Xbox 360-E console "vibrates" when accessing a disc. Is there something I can put under it (and recommendations are welcome) to dampen the vibration?

Indie games are pretty amazing. Since I just started collecting, I'm more into the physical copies at the moment but hopefully will hit the Indie market soon. With my Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary edition, there was an outfite (Master Chief suit) for my avatar and an in-game item. I'm surprised the codes worked, but they did. Here's a picture of my setup:

attachicon.gifXbox 360 E setup.jpg]

Sorry the picture is sideways. It wasn't when I looked at it to add to this posting. :(

Anyway, I have a question: My Xbox 360-E console "vibrates" when accessing a disc. Is there something I can put under it (and recommendations are welcome) to dampen the vibration?

Small foam rubber pads should work. That's what they use to dampen HVAC fans in some cases.

You could also try turning the system 90 degrees (if it's standing, try placing it flat -- or vice-versa).

• Like 1

Well, here comes the age-old question: Does setting your Xbox 360 up on it's end promote disc scratches/wear? This would probably eliminate the vibration, but the two schools of thought are very much opposed. Anyone have excessive scratching and/or disc wear when the Xbox 360 unit is up on it's end? Foam rubber pads would work as well.