IGNORED

getting a multi cart? need a list of publicly released roms?

pimpmaul69

another aa member and i have trifled the internet looking for all the roms we could find. here is a release of the publicly released roms we have found. the sdk-1600 demo roms are not included in this list. some of these are demos or beta roms.

PAID
------
1. choplifter - intellivision.us
2. donkey kong arcade - intellivision.us
3. dk arcade - carl mueller
4. d2k arcade - carl mueller
5. king of the mountain - intellivision.us
6. ms. nightstalker - intellivision.us
7. ms. pac-man - carl mueller
8. same game and robots -intellivoice - intellivision.us
9. space cunt - intellivision.us
10. super pro tennis - intellivision.us
11. super chef bt - intellivision.us
----------------------------------------------------
complete
-------------
1. 4-tris
2. battlestar galactica - space battle hack
3. bump n jump - intelligentvision
4. christmas carol vs the ghost of christmas presents
5. go for the gold - complete
6. goat nom
7. gosub
8. joystick diagnostic
9. minehunter
10. nasl soccer 2x15 minutes
11. nba basketball 4x8 minutes
12. nfl football 4x8 minutes
13. nhl hockey 3x10 minutes
14. pac-man - easy
15. pac-man - ghosts always edible
16. pac-man - ghosts stay blue
17. piggy bank - not yet released
18. super nasl soccer 2x15 minutes
19. super pixel bros
20. super pro football 4x8 minutes
21. tag-a-long todd v3.13 - intellivoice version
22. thunder castle - infinite time to kill the dragon
23. tic-tac-toe - crazyboss' version
24. tic-tac-toe - valter prette's version
25. tris
26. ping
27. pong
28. the secret government waffle project
29. shark shark 2 - deathmatch edition
30. shark shark 2
31. simon 4
32. slam dunk super pro basketball 4x8 minutes
33. slap shot super pro hockey 3x10 minutes
34. soccer 2 2x15 minutes
35. stonix
36. super nasl soccer 2x15 minutes
37. super pixel bros
38. super pro football 4x8 minutes.
39. tag-a-long todd v3.13 - intellivoice version
40. thunder castle - infinite time to kill the dragon
41. tic-tac-toe - crazyboss' version
42. tic-tac-toe - valter prette's version
43. tris
44. vectron - level 99
45. world cup soccer 2x15 minutes
46. zombie marbles
47 . pac-man demo - james pujals
48. nightstalker - black background
49. nightstalker - robot never fires
50 .nightstalker - no bg music
51. intellipongola
----------------------------------------------
EVERYTHING ELSE (needs editing. may contain some complete games)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. 50 shades of eric and keith
2. ac2013
3. alligator swamp
4. balloons vs the clowns of christmas presents
5. bea arthurs funbags
6. castle
7. caves of kroz
8. chat v1
9. clowns & balloons
10. crazy bus
11. deep zone gorf
12. defender of the crown demo
13. doom - joke rom
14. firegirl vs zombies
15. fubar
16. hotel bunny
17. hover bovver - demo
18. intellibullet
19. intykninty
20. inty lander
21. inty paki
22. inty os
23. istar
24. mad drivin
25. mars mini games demo
26. mastermind
27. match 5 demo
28. mickeys hello world
29. next street
30. number blaster
31. old skool
32. pop tart
33. press 8
34. raycast demo
35. rick dangerous
36. robot blast
37. rocketeer demo
38. rpn calculator
39. santas helper
40. shape escape
41. simple shoot em up
42. snake
43. snow
44. space patrol teaser edition
45. space versus
46. spice patrol
47. spirit v1.0
48. stack em
49. stickman
50. trollish comment generator
51. unlucky pony - beta
52. xb one simulator
53. inty-b intro
54. dancing baby
Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 7

What about:

Adventures of Tron

Astrosmash Competition

League of Light

Robot Rubble

Rocky & Bullwinkle

Same Game & Robots (original without Intellivoice)

Sports Game Hacks (20 original games hacked)

Yogi's Frustration

those are not listed because they are made by mattel and activision downloadable from any rom site. I am only listing homebrew games as they are a lot harder to find and most people wouldnt be able to find without a list like this. I only listed the best version of same game and robots as the ivoice is the only difference. I have no desire to post 73 versions of gosub and 42 versions of goat nom etc. etc...I listed all the sports hacks i know of which their is ten of them Edited by pimpmaul69

Ah, you're right about the sports hacks - the 20 count was 10 for the hacks and 10 for the originals. I see you have the 10 hacks. I guess what you mean about AoT, LoL, RR, R&B, and YF is that even though they are all home-brew games, they were originally un-released INTV games so you are only listing original home-brew games. Is that it?

Ah, you're right about the sports hacks - the 20 count was 10 for the hacks and 10 for the originals. I see you have the 10 hacks. I guess what you mean about AoT, LoL, RR, R&B, and YF is that even though they are all home-brew games, they were originally un-released INTV games so you are only listing original home-brew games. Is that it?

yes. Original homebrews and hacks are listed

those are not listed because they are made by mattel and activision downloadable from any rom site. I am only listing homebrew games as they are a lot harder to find and most people wouldnt be able to find without a list like this. I only listed the best version of same game and robots as the ivoice is the only difference. I have no desire to post 73 versions of gosub and 42 versions of goat nom etc. etc...I listed all the sports hacks i know of which their is ten of them

*insert demanding douchebag voice*

Ideally this would be 2 lists - one of entirely free, public domain ROMs. Things that no one is going to sue you for, especially Intv Corp. And a second list of hacks/prototypes, etc, which are legally not free for distribution.

I realize there's a third category with a lot of the homebrew stuff. For example GoatNom. It's been posted publicly, and obviously *I* have no problem with someone downloading and sharing it. However I'd probably be a bit annoyed if I found someone burning it to carts to sell, or including it in a collection for sale. Legally a person cannot do that, but I haven't exactly gone out of my way to put any kind of license on it. So it's very much a grey area.

I guess what I'd like to see is a list where we know FOR SURE that it's totally OK to make a .zip of the ROMs, and share on any website. And, my entire point for asking this in the first place, to be able to put on a flash cart to demo at conventions.

I appreciate the time on this, Mr. Pimp. You keep track of this stuff better than anyone in the hobby and I may lean on you as a resource. This is going to become more important in the near future and I just don't have the memory/patience to keep track. Hopefully I can pay you back with a few fun games :)

• Like 1

*insert demanding douchebag voice*

Ideally this would be 2 lists - one of entirely free, public domain ROMs. Things that no one is going to sue you for, especially Intv Corp. And a second list of hacks/prototypes, etc, which are legally not free for distribution.

I realize there's a third category with a lot of the homebrew stuff. For example GoatNom. It's been posted publicly, and obviously *I* have no problem with someone downloading and sharing it. However I'd probably be a bit annoyed if I found someone burning it to carts to sell, or including it in a collection for sale. Legally a person cannot do that, but I haven't exactly gone out of my way to put any kind of license on it. So it's very much a grey area.

I guess what I'd like to see is a list where we know FOR SURE that it's totally OK to make a .zip of the ROMs, and share on any website. And, my entire point for asking this in the first place, to be able to put on a flash cart to demo at conventions.

I appreciate the time on this, Mr. Pimp. You keep track of this stuff better than anyone in the hobby and I may lean on you as a resource. This is going to become more important in the near future and I just don't have the memory/patience to keep track. Hopefully I can pay you back with a few fun games :)

feel free to pm me when you need help.
  • Like 1

I don't think it's Grey at all. It's rather stark Black or White and very straightforward: ROMs not explicitly in the public domain are not available for re-distribution without the explicit permission of the creator or owner.

Like you, I give Christmas Carol away for free in ROM format, because I want people to play it and enjoy it, and the ROM invites anybody to share it. This is in the honorable, friendly, community-driven sense; so that people feel free passing it on to their friends and family.

I think it is important to share the joy and fun of games in the community, and I would expect others to respect that. :). I'm open to discussing commercial or other mass distribution, but it is not my primary objective.

I think it's great that my game is included in this list, and I would encourage you to include the link to the downloadable ROM as well.

I also have all the "beta" versions stored and documented, for historical purposes. They show the game in various stages of development, in context at the time. I would be willing to give access to that for free as well if there is interest.

dZ.

• Like 1

I don't think it's Grey at all. It's rather stark Black or White and very straightforward: ROMs not explicitly in the public domain are not available for re-distribution without the explicit permission of the creator or owner.

Like you, I give Christmas Carol away for free in ROM format, because I want people to play it and enjoy it, and the ROM invites anybody to share it. This is in the honorable, friendly, community-driven sense; so that people feel free passing it on to their friends and family.

I think it is important to share the joy and fun of games in the community, and I would expect others to respect that. :). I'm open to discussing commercial or other mass distribution, but it is not my primary objective.

I think it's great that my game is included in this list, and I would encourage you to include the link to the downloadable ROM as well.

I also have all the "beta" versions stored and documented, for historical purposes. They show the game in various stages of development, in context at the time. I would be willing to give access to that for free as well if there is interest.

dZ.

i pm'd albert about getting permission to edit the first post as i was wanting the ability to add new stuff and links that i could find to the roms. Hopefully he gets back to me.

Copyright is automatic and any redistribution requires your permission. This is true even if the author/copyright owner is unknown.

Copyright is automatic and any redistribution requires your permission. This is true even if the author/copyright owner is unknown.

Well, yes. Legally speaking this is entirely correct. But there's no strictly legal way for me to say "feel free to download GoatNom and share it with your friends". It's by implied consent for the most part. There aren't exactly licenses provided with ROMs that may amount to a few KB, and a post on AtariAge from 15 years ago may or may not hold any legal value, if push comes to shove. Which is why all of this quickly devolves into a legal grey area. OK, so Christmas Carol is free and clear for non-commercial sharing (pretty sure I can find a post about that without too much trouble). What about 4-Tris? Old School? DK Arcade? What about the other ROMs at intellivision.us? Some of these are hacks of Mattel prototypes, but are shared out exactly the same as some of the newer homebrew. Does my posting GoatNom in a thread post automatically mean I'm OK with people sharing it? Do I have to explicitly spell out what kind of use I'm OK with?

As the law is written, NONE of this is legal to share. End of story. Anyone can make up a forum name and claim "ownership" of things - legally, "DZ-Jay" is a meaningless concept and for all intents and purposes, I as an end user have no way of demonstrating a legal avenue to use a ROM based on what is said here. Presuming I put it up on a webpage for people to download for free, I get away with it only because you're not suing me. Hell, as most copyright law stands today there is no way to voluntarily put something into the "public domain" - at best you can go for something like Creative Commons. Hence the grey area.

What would be nice is to get a list of stuff that COULD be legal to share (ie: remove all the protos and sports hacks etc), and start putting together some sort of rudimentary documentation as to provenance and permissions given. Even if it *is* just forum postings for now. The flash carts are coming, and it would be nice to be able to point new people to a reliable source for legit software to use on them. And to be able to trust that what I'm putting on one (for example in the case of public display) is 100% legit.

And yes, I realize very much that I'm basically asking for others to do my homework for me :P

Does my posting GoatNom in a thread post automatically mean I'm OK with people sharing it? Do I have to explicitly spell out what kind of use I'm OK with?

It doesn't matter if you do, people in the scene will still try and sell it :-

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/243281-no-more-st-ports-for-you/

Its sad to see the free things that myself and others gave away on the jag now being sold. However, only a complete and utter douche bag sells unauthorised copies of homebrews.

Suddenly the C64 scene cracker groups who grab freely available mini games, add a cheat screen and an intro twice as long as the actual game and proudly release their latest cracked games, seem like sane people compared to those who rip and sell other people's homebrews. At least the C64 cracks can be downloaded for free, just like the original game could.

• Like 1

Well, yes. Legally speaking this is entirely correct. But there's no strictly legal way for me to say "feel free to download GoatNom and share it with your friends". It's by implied consent for the most part. There aren't exactly licenses provided with ROMs that may amount to a few KB, and a post on AtariAge from 15 years ago may or may not hold any legal value, if push comes to shove. Which is why all of this quickly devolves into a legal grey area. OK, so Christmas Carol is free and clear for non-commercial sharing (pretty sure I can find a post about that without too much trouble). What about 4-Tris? Old School? DK Arcade? What about the other ROMs at intellivision.us? Some of these are hacks of Mattel prototypes, but are shared out exactly the same as some of the newer homebrew. Does my posting GoatNom in a thread post automatically mean I'm OK with people sharing it? Do I have to explicitly spell out what kind of use I'm OK with?

As the law is written, NONE of this is legal to share. End of story. Anyone can make up a forum name and claim "ownership" of things - legally, "DZ-Jay" is a meaningless concept and for all intents and purposes, I as an end user have no way of demonstrating a legal avenue to use a ROM based on what is said here. Presuming I put it up on a webpage for people to download for free, I get away with it only because you're not suing me. Hell, as most copyright law stands today there is no way to voluntarily put something into the "public domain" - at best you can go for something like Creative Commons. Hence the grey area.

What would be nice is to get a list of stuff that COULD be legal to share (ie: remove all the protos and sports hacks etc), and start putting together some sort of rudimentary documentation as to provenance and permissions given. Even if it *is* just forum postings for now. The flash carts are coming, and it would be nice to be able to point new people to a reliable source for legit software to use on them. And to be able to trust that what I'm putting on one (for example in the case of public display) is 100% legit.

And yes, I realize very much that I'm basically asking for others to do my homework for me :P

With all due respect, I don't think you understand quite how Copyright works, nor what the term "grey area" means. What you are describing is still pretty crisp-clear.

Presuming I put it up on a webpage for people to download for free, I get away with it only because you're not suing me.

Exactly. You did not acquire permission from the author, you did not get a license, so you know you are in the wrong. Unless, of course, you do not know... then it's not "grey," it's just ignorance. It is still very clearly infringement.

If you are suggesting that there is no easy way to enforce these rights, or that the rights licenses are not clearly or expressly stated anywhere, then I agree with you.

If you're point is that, since we can't enforce our copyrights, then there's no point in arguing over it -- or even mentioning them -- and we should just live with the fact that it's a free for all; then again I say it is most definitely not a "grey area". Your view is stark: fuck it, let's do it anyway since we can get away with it.

However, none of this change the fact that abuses of community spirit and infringement of copyrights are still clearly wrong and should be shunned by the community and pointed out as such.

Its sad to see the free things that myself and others gave away on the jag now being sold. However, only a complete and utter douche bag sells unauthorised copies of homebrews.

That is sad indeed. And in a community where people meet in private messages to buy and sell goods secretly amongst themselves (and then conspire to sensor posts that inadvertently divulge it, or quickly jump in to derail them), there's no way to tell when such things happen.

It is even sadder when the community embraces or sanctions such practices. It shouldn't come as a surprise, then, when the well dries up.

From that thread:

In any case, that's it. No more binaries from me. Direct your hate to the people responsible.

That's not the community we want, right? At least not I.

-dZ.

Good luck with the list.

It'll be intersting to see if this thread does not get buried in the usual legal vs illegal debates that seem to pervade the atari age board these days?

I wish you luck. It just happens that I've been updating a database file (knowncarts.cfg) recently with information on INTV images since it has been a couple of years since I last updated it.

Edited by Shannon

Since the list contains demos and pre-release editions, I believe it is missing some stuff published on the INTVPROG mailing list. Notable things like, DKINTY, Dancing Baby test, Carl's sound effects demo, Arnauld's demo (as in the old-school, Amiga/C=64 demoscene), Snowkiller (a hack on Arnauld's Snow demo), etc.

I don't know to what extent you want to include those, but once you cross the line with multiple test versions of "Pac-Man" and "Mickeys hello world," I think you're pretty much committed to every variant. Actually, pretty much committed. :P

I should have added that the law and ethics are not necessarily related. Just because something is legal does not make it right, and just because something is illegal does not make it wrong. The law only seems to matter when a certain amount of money is involved. Also, I'm new here and still a little confused about the commercial value of some of this stuff. In general the rights of creators to control their creations should be respected.

If someone wants to share their game maybe this link is a good place to do it <https://archive.org/details/intellivision>. I think you can control if the game is playable online, downloadable, or both.

thats some fucked up shit right there. It also ruins it for people like me who will try to test every binary released and give feedback. For some people their games become a success this way because of the feedback they get by publicly releasing the files. Its a shame to hear that happened. I hope nobody here ever does that.
  • Like 1