Photo

Which Atari 8-bit game makes you laugh the most?

54 replies to this topic

#51 Level42 OFFLINE  

Level42

Stargunner

• 1,526 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:06 PM

Try to find a few old Mad Magazine and read the comic strip. It was sadistically funny

Yeah, my cousin and I actually bought Mad magazine (at the same bookstands :D) too. I "think" that after some time there was even a Dutch edition....but not sure....we loved all the craziness.....and I knew Spy Vs. Spy from that magazine but.....I guess you needed to read the manual a bit with that game and uhhhh..welll uhhh, they forgot to pack the manual with my copy I guess.....  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

#52 AMenard ONLINE  

AMenard

Star Raider

• 65 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:11 PM

Yeah, my cousin and I actually bought Mad magazine (at the same bookstands :D) too. I "think" that after some time there was even a Dutch edition....but not sure....we loved all the craziness.....and I knew Spy Vs. Spy from that magazine but.....I guess you needed to read the manual a bit with that game and uhhhh..welll uhhh, they forgot to pack the manual with my copy I guess.....  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Yeah, I almost never get the manuals for any of my games too :-)
In fact, the only 8bits game i ever bought were Ultima III and the SSI AD&D gold boxes because you needed the code wheel to play them.

#53 Level42 OFFLINE  

Level42

Stargunner

• 1,526 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:22 PM

I bought Donkey Kong. First game I got and.....uhhmmm.....I guess some tape games, Attack of the mutant camels was one of them. Having only a few games (in the beginning) was good though.....because you were "forced" to play them you take the time to learn them.....and learn to appreciate them.....later...when I had contacts in the US and Australia and we sent floppies around the globe......we had loads of software but less and less time to actually play them....

#54 bfollett OFFLINE  

bfollett

Dragonstomper

• 509 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:23 PM

Speaking of Mad Magazine, does everyone remember the type in basic program they had in one issue that drew Alfred E. Neuman?

Attached is the Atari basic program and the article can be found here:

http://meatfighter.com/mad/

Attached Files

#55 Sugarland OFFLINE  

Sugarland

Space Invader

• 44 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:39 AM

Pooyan!

Edit: no wait I meant Orc Attack, not Pooyan.

Edited by Sugarland, Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:43 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users