IGNORED

Your top 10 games wanted on Intellivision

Rev

Pitfallish? II, that is.

Hero

Crazy Climber using both controllers? We need a 3D printed controller holder together-er thingy for this and other two-controller games

Mario Bros

Galaxian

Better Space invaders

A good Asteroids (possible?)

Missile Command

Barbarian! Discussed on here a few times

Better Auto Racing

• Like 4

10 brand new game ideas.

I don't think there are really that many "new" gameplay ideas that haven't already been done.

But yes, new games could be done.

I have a few new games I've been pondering. Getting them done is another thing. But not impossible. ;-)

I'd love to see some attempts at NES games:

Castlevania

Megaman

Dr Mario

Metroid

Faxanadu

Ducktales

Lolo

Zelda I

On the retro side:

Phoenix

Megamania.

Upgrades/sequels:

Worm Whomper II

Beamrider II

Super Pro Biplanes/Air Strike

Super Pro Utopia

AD&D: Cloudy Mountain II

Super Pro Frog Bog

NSFW Word Rockets

Calculus Fun (just kidding)

And finally...

Intellivision Guitar Hero: Heavy Mattel

• Like 6

I don't think there are really that many "new" gameplay ideas that haven't already been done.

I don't mean new genres. I just wish we had a few more Piggy Banks and a few less clones and ports of stuff that already exists in 400 formats. Or yet another minor hack of a kinda mediocre early 80s game.

Some new characters. Some new stories. Just something new for a change. It seems like the homebrew scene here is maybe 10% new. And yes, I'm just as guilty as anyone for trying to remake stuff :P

• Like 4

10 brand new game ideas.

Hmmmm...

Well, Here goes giving away one of my game concepts...

Years ago I started making a game (yeah, right) that I was going to call "Arctic Safari" where the protagonist beat baby seals to death with a club and killed them with other various weapons to collect pelts and meat. You needed the meat to live and as you progressed you could buy better weapons with the money you got from the pelts: club with a spike, mace, chainsaw, shotgun... You get the idea. I never got it off the ground. This was a decade or more pre-"Postal". Also, as you progress, the mama seals come after you. Later there were walruses and polar bears... Oh my! It was going to be multiplayer and you could choose to attack the other player or work together as a team. But there would always be separate scores to irritate you into killing each other. There would be bear traps and other things that would work on the animals OR the other player. There would be wildlife activists trying to stop you with any means necessary that you could choose to murder, err, disuade, but that would set the rangers after you. One player could choose to be an activist protecting the seals and other animals. Never completely figured out the gameplay for that last bit.

Someone make this. I'll executive produce. :)

Another idea... How about a Ren and Stimpy game? It could be based on the "Don't Whiz on the Electric Fence" game, Log, Powdered Toast Man, Happy Helmet stuff... PLEASE MAKE THIS!!! LOL I'll executive produce.

Edit: The Nerve Ending Fairy has to be in it!

• Like 2

10 new game ideas for Intv. I just thought of these as i wrote them. Feel free to make them anyone:

1. A frying pan game where you control a spatula and try to keep all the little food characters in the pan.

2. A new music game loosely based on piano hero. Match the piano keys as they come down. Plenty of great 8-bit music.

3. Earthquake game. Your view is a large city skyline with an array of different bldgs. An earthquake hits and shatters tons of windows. Go against a timer trying to replace broken windows. You control a little man that climbs the bldgs. Birds and other obstacles try and prevent you from doing job.

4. Treasure digger. You control a guy eith a shovel. Visit various exotic locations excavating the ground looking for treasures. Race.against timer trying to rsck up points. Various critters and rocks prevent you from winning a huge score.

5. Mountain climber. Control a guy climbing a mountain. 2d side view. Scrolling screen. Elements and nature against you. Reach the top of the mountain.

6. Cave explorers. You control 3 explorers. Going into the dark caverns. In search of gold and treasure. You control the all 3 guys atm once. Making jumps and avoiding death. If first guy dies then you control next guy in line.

7. A "choose your own adventure" style text game. Read through the story with occasional graphic to enhance gameplay.

8. A skateboard 2d game. 2d ramps and other skateboard arenas. Couldd also go through a town jumping obstacles. Etc. Etc.

9. Snow blaster. You control a kid with a water gun in his backyard shooting the falling snowflakes. Starts easy. Gets harder in later levels. Must shoot all flakes. If you miss too many the green grass turns white and you lose.

10. A sim city type game. Build your city and maintain it to see grow. (Not that original but hey what do ya want!)

• Like 5

My wishlist:

1. H.E.R.O.

2. Pitfall II Lost Caverns

3. Raiders of the Lost Ark

4. Wing War

5. Moonsweeper

6. Montezuma's Revenge

7. Keystone Kapers

8. Jungle Hunt

9. War Games

10. Enduro

Edit: I have read what SiLic0ne t0aD85 wrote so....:

11. Wizard of War

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 2

Definitely the way to go. Redoing a game that exists somewhere else is cool. Doing something new is much cooler. Think about the top-n games on the Intellivision from its history. How many are ports from other systems, how many exist on other systems at all- few to none.

One of many things that makes the Intellivision unique is the game catalog overall. The VCS is memorable due to popular ports of stuff that existed everywhere else (Space Invaders, Asteroids, etc). The Inty is memorable because of Microsurgeon, AD&D, Astrosmash, B-17 Bomber, etc. While game genres are basically "done", I would go for an original take on something, even if it resembled another game, before I would look at a port that was sculpted to fit the Intv capabilities.

It's not that I don't respect porter skills - I love Boulderdash and that is the current go-to game with the kids - but if I have to choose between $70 for that and $70 for an original title, I will go original first.

10 brand new game ideas.

• Like 4

Parappa the Rapper

Rampage

T&C Surf Designs

I also like the idea of a Choose Your Own Adventure.

Regarding new themes, I'm a science guy and would love to see:

1. A space exploration game where you travel in space for part of the game, but also explore surface/subsurface worlds seeking artifacts and battling aliens (the bad ones). Worlds could be desert, ice, water, volcanic, etc until the last one....which is Earth...650,000 years ago!

2. Something involving Time Travel. Lots of possibilities here.

3. Dinosaurs. Sweet.

4. Evolution. Maybe like a Sim game, or possibly something where you borrow DNA/genetic attributes from the characters/enemies you encounter to improve yourself.