Atari 2600 "Red sea crossing" Real or fake

Red sea crossing red sea crossing atari 2600 Atari 2600 Game Games

208 replies to this topic

#26 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 3,417 posts

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2015 3:36 PM

Can't play his games because of different electricity? Funny how our Australian members seem to be able to use an Atari in Australia.

#27 BassGuitari OFFLINE  

BassGuitari

Glorified Toaster

• 6,900 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2015 3:52 PM

"Different electricity?" That's a new one.

#28 stupus ONLINE  

stupus

Stargunner

• 1,964 posts
  • pixel obcessed yeti

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2015 4:44 PM

Yeah, he has been collecting for 25 years....but doesn't know for $5 he can buy a voltage converter :P right

This guy is p.o.s.

#29 Matthew OFFLINE  

Matthew

Moonsweeper

• 298 posts

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2015 7:32 PM

Looks like a clear case of fraud. He has torn off the Hozer reproduction label and has sold it as an original.

It shouldn't be hard to get your money back, either through ebay/paypal or Australian consumer law.

Even if he was unaware of the fact that this was a reproduction, he has still broken the law.

#30 nofrills100 OFFLINE  

nofrills100

River Patroller

• 3,075 posts

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2015 7:41 PM

This guy was dubious at best before - but in the last few months (since relocating? to Australia) he has gone in to full scammer mode.
Did anyone here buy the CIB Chase the Chuck Wagon. It looked legit and being silver would be a very hard thing to fake, but it was reasonably priced - the only thing that stopped me from buying it was that I knew his track record.

#31 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 34,376 posts
  • I am the one who knocks!

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2015 7:42 PM

This guy was dubious at best before - but in the last few months (since relocating? to Australia) he has gone in to full scammer mode.
Did anyone here buy the CIB Chase the Chuck Wagon. It looked legit and being silver would be a very hard thing to fake, but it was reasonably priced - the only thing that stopped me from buying it was that I knew his track record.

Even silver is not hard anymore, ask Marc.

#32 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 3,417 posts

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2015 7:55 PM

Going through his "Sold items" he has sold about 7K worth of absolute repros. We are not talking about hundreds of auctions, only a few, some auctions $1500-2000 each.
http://www.ebay.com/...=p2046732.m1684

Edited by atari181, Sat Nov 7, 2015 8:01 PM.

#33 DeusExMachina OFFLINE  

DeusExMachina

Dragonstomper

• 647 posts
  • Curator of the Covenant, Guardian of the Grail!

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2015 9:17 PM

Clearly a fake and the seller knows it.

#34 nofrills100 OFFLINE  

nofrills100

River Patroller

• 3,075 posts

Posted Sat Nov 7, 2015 9:39 PM

Going through his "Sold items" he has sold about 7K worth of absolute repros. We are not talking about hundreds of auctions, only a few, some auctions $1500-2000 each.http://www.ebay.com/...=p2046732.m1684

Makes you wonder if he has actually completed those sales - that Red Sea cartridge looks the same in each listing - that might explain why he removed the hozer in the end. Also he may be bidding on his own stuff from another account, and then just mutually cancelling the sale afterwards. If only to bolster his feedback and give any unsuspecting buyers a false sense of confidence in the items he is seemingly offloading for big bucks. Gamma Attack featured in multiple listings also, each time being sold.

#35 Rom Hunter OFFLINE  

Rom Hunter

VCS Games Archivist

• 8,932 posts
  • Obtainer of Rare Antiquities

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 2:15 AM

A fake, no doubt about it.

Please do as much research on carts like this before buying.

If in doubt, ask the community here, check out Atariboxed or Atarimania and be 100% certain it's the real thing before buying.

8)

#36 Max_Revolver OFFLINE  

Max_Revolver

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 11:55 AM

Yea i know it was my mistake and didnt do much research on this seller. Thanks alot members for the info, question is how can this idiot get his account closed on ebay,its gonna be hard also to prevent him from selling to other gullible people like me.

#37 nofrills100 OFFLINE  

nofrills100

River Patroller

• 3,075 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 2:56 PM

Yea i know it was my mistake and didnt do much research on this seller. Thanks alot members for the info, question is how can this idiot get his account closed on ebay,its gonna be hard also to prevent him from selling to other gullible people like me.

Max, as well as opening a 'not as described' case to get your money back, you should give them a call to speak directly to them about this matter. Mention that the seller is selling repros and that they ought to look into his account closely for strange dealings. It pays to be sure your message gets across to a human rather than automated system, especially when reasonably big money is at stake. Ebay has no experts in Atari and vintage computer games in general, so you want to be sure they hear it from you direct.

#38 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 18,140 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 2:56 PM

I hope you can file a claim and get your money back dude. :_(

#39 Max_Revolver OFFLINE  

Max_Revolver

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 2:59 PM

Hope so cause thats $700 down the drain.

#40 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 3,417 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 3:06 PM

Hope so cause thats $700 down the drain.

you really should have no problem getting your money back through Ebay. If you don't have any luck with them and you paid with a credit card you can call your bank and tell them you were scammed and they will refund you the money.

#41 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,706 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 3:14 PM

Yea i know it was my mistake and didnt do much research on this seller.

Maybe you should not admit that in public. Else PayPal or your bank might read this and accuse you of carelessness.

#42 Amstari OFFLINE  

Amstari

Dragonstomper

• 738 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 4:35 PM

Can't play his games because of different electricity? Funny how our Australian members seem to be able to use an Atari in Australia.

https://mobile.twitt...473683430375424

Maybe he thinks this is the special electricity we have in Australia.

#43 Jinks OFFLINE  

Jinks

River Patroller

• 4,472 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 5:23 PM

Wow. What a crook.

#44 Max_Revolver OFFLINE  

Max_Revolver

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 7:48 PM

He sold a gammaattack and red sea crossing for $2,300 u.s dollar, wow that person must of been really f pissed smh he made some serious cash on that no good for a crook

#45 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 34,376 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 7:58 PM

Link?

#46 Max_Revolver OFFLINE  

Max_Revolver

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 7:59 PM

lol

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2015-11-08-17-54-37.png

#47 Max_Revolver OFFLINE  

Max_Revolver

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:00 PM

this guy lol

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2015-11-08-17-52-03.png

#48 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 34,376 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:07 PM

Can you take a couple pictures of the circuit board, by popping open the dustcover, with a toothpick or something?  It is always interesting where these people get their warez from.

#49 Supergun OFFLINE  

Supergun

Stargunner

• 1,041 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:10 PM

Agreed. Look inside. See if it's a modern board or a recycled donor.
Either way, since when has this rom been publicly available? I had no idea someone had dumped the rom.

#50 Max_Revolver OFFLINE  

Max_Revolver

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:13 PM

this is whats wrong with society now and days, people just take advantage but hey its the world we live in right. Sucks for the real gamers like us that want holy grails to their collection. It amazes me how some people come out with holy grails of games and find them in the least expected place like yard sales, or thrift shops and basements but hopefully one of us are the few that will own a part of history cause im sure i wouldnt sell a red sea crossing or nintendo world championships. Were gamers its in our blood since kids its part of our lives. Well enough venting goodnight

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Red, sea, crossing, red sea crossing, atari 2600, Atari 2600, Game, Games

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users