IGNORED

Intellicart and Cuttle Cart 3 (CC3) Manuals and Software

KylJoy

This is just a place for people to easily find the software and manuals for Chad Schell's awesome Intellivision Intellicart and Cuttle Cart 3 (CC3).

Though this information and files are mostly available in other threads here at AtariAge (thanks to intvnut, jaybird3rd, Lathe26, let me know if I missed someone) I thought it might make sense to make this post with the title I gave it and attach the files here, too. Attached are what I've been able to find so far:

• Intellicart or CC3 Serial Loader for Windows - cc3ser.zip

Please let me know if I am missing something that you can contribute or if I've made any errors.

FYI, I like the Intellicart and CC3 Serial Loader. If you are into the serial load thing, it is a nice little GUI for doing that (like the Intellicart had) with support added for the CC3 up to 115200.

• Like 7

Are there any rights restrictions that would prevent anyone from posting that on a website? I am builing one out in 2016 and would not mind holding those files as another alternate repository, if there are no legal issues with doing so.

I don't have a CC, but would not mind helping the community on this one of it makes sense.

Are there any rights restrictions that would prevent anyone from posting that on a website? I am builing one out in 2016 and would not mind holding those files as another alternate repository, if there are no legal issues with doing so.

I don't have a CC, but would not mind helping the community on this one of it makes sense.

The CC3 materials are owned by Chad Schell, so you may want to contact him if you plan on re-distributing them.

-dZ.

Are there any rights restrictions that would prevent anyone from posting that on a website?

Well, someone just DID post them on a website (the post directly above yours), so read into that what you will.

As DZ says, it would be a nice idea to at least contact Chad about it. Legally those are his property in terms of redistribution.

Of course so are all of the old Mattel manuals that are scattered about on a dozen Intellivision hobbyist sites... (not Chad's, but...)

I downloaded the CC3 manual from the website when I purchased my CC3 from Chad and even then it was a bit tricky to make sense of it. Not that I fully and easily understand the software.

Didn't someone here develop a new software interface to make loading ROM's easier onto the CC3 a couple of years ago?

Edited by Utopia

Chad's CC3 editor was released under the GPL license, IIRC, so it's freely redistributable. Chad had posted the cc3ser on INTVPROG publicly before, again with the purpose of making it publicly available and redistributable. None of this is really useful to anybody but a CC3 owner at this point.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

The editor isn't too bad when you work with it often. I don't so when I do for a while it is frustrating...then I remember and it's not...until the next time I do stuff with it.

I remember that! Tossed my old Palm IIIe years ago though.

I was actually going to get a Palm just for using with the Intellicart. In the end I never ended up using my Intellicart (and never got a Palm) though.

• 8 months later...

Can anyone get the Linux version of this to work? Trying to click on the cc3editor executable doesn't do anything.

I'm using CentOS 7.3 64 bit. I ran it from the command line like this:

./cc3editor

and I got this error:

./cc3editor: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So I then installed the 32 bit version of libpng12 with this command:

yum install libpng12.i686

and now cc3editor runs without error for me (both just double clicking it and running it from the command line).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is just a place for people to easily find the software and manuals for Chad Schell's awesome Intellivision Intellicart and Cuttle Cart 3 (CC3).

Just wanted to say both thank you for this, and thank you, AtariAge, for making this forum still usable on Firefox 2.0 on Windows 95! That's my only easy-to-access machine with a serial port, and it doesn't have a floppy drive, so this thread made it possible for me to get the software on to the laptop!

Edited by CharonPDX
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...

I know this is a long shot request this late in the game, but does anyone make a serial cable that works with the CC3 these days? I recently obtained a CC3 and would like to experiment with using the serial connection to load games. I see the schematic on page 28 of the manual and might be able to cobble something together from that, but I'd certainly be willing to pay a reasonable price for a functional cable if such a thing is available for sale.

2 hours ago, sfish said:

I know this is a long shot request this late in the game, but does anyone make a serial cable that works with the CC3 these days? I recently obtained a CC3 and would like to experiment with using the serial connection to load games. I see the schematic on page 28 of the manual and might be able to cobble something together from that, but I'd certainly be willing to pay a reasonable price for a functional cable if such a thing is available for sale.

I have had one since the beginning and never knew about this feature.  I guess because it is easier just to load everything onto an SD card. Plus, I have the original Intellicart which can be loaded that way. I am interested to learn what you are able to find.