IGNORED

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest - Complete Game

Trebor

This is great news.

I will buy all four.

Will the enhanced sound version of bently bear be in the store?

Early versions of the game featured TIA sound effects. Newer versions and the final version is POKEY sound only.

The store will have the final version of the game which utilizes POKEY sound only. The final version of the game is shown in the OP video.

• Like 3

Early versions of the game featured TIA sound effects. Newer versions and the final version is POKEY sound only.

The store will have the final version of the game which utilizes POKEY sound only. The final version of the game is shown in the OP video.

Good to know! Wish the Pokey version of Beef Drop was still available. Got in too late I guess, so settled for the TIA VE version.

• 1 month later...

Wow, between Hozer and me, we have sold so many copies with POKEY on board, I am shocked anyone cares anymore. :ponder:

Wait...Hozer is selling carts of Bently Bear? First I've heard of this as I didn't think there the final or near final rom was really out there? Plus it would be expensive for him to make since Bentley is a 144k game plus Pokey? Is there a board from Atari that was already made for this? I know your versa boards are able to do this right? But... I'm confused?

Wait...Hozer is selling carts of Bently Bear? First I've heard of this as I didn't think there the final or near final rom was really out there? Plus it would be expensive for him to make since Bentley is a 144k game plus Pokey? Is there a board from Atari that was already made for this? I know your versa boards are able to do this right? But... I'm confused?

It was a joke, I would never give that board to him or make repros of Bob's game, even though I could make high quality repros of it. LOL

I wish I was not as sick as I am.

• Like 1

The AA store Pokey games cannot come fast enough. Please while my CC still has available funds on it... :P

Agreed! I'm just hoping that there will still be copies of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest left come January, since I don't think I'll be able to pick one up until then and I know AtariAge's Pokey chip games tend to have limited production runs. Fingers crossed I suppose!

• Like 1

Agreed! I'm just hoping that there will still be copies of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest left come January, since I don't think I'll be able to pick one up until then and I know AtariAge's Pokey chip games tend to have limited production runs. Fingers crossed I suppose!

The pokey problem is a thing of the past.

• Like 4

Just wondering, is there a technical reason that so far, only Beef Drop VE is the only cart that is made to detect the XM, and will switch to improved audio when plugged into it? I'm wondering why all the homebrews can't be programmed this way?

Edit: I'm fully expecting the answer to be because the XM is a pointless add on given recent improvements else where.

• Like 1

Just wondering, is there a technical reason that so far, only Beef Drop VE is the only cart that is made to detect the XM, and will switch to improved audio when plugged into it? I'm wondering why all the homebrews can't be programmed this way?

Edit: I'm fully expecting the answer to be because the XM is a pointless add on given recent improvements else where.

No technical reason. Serpentine 7800 also works with TIA if POKEY isn't detected.

I think many homebrewers just don't want to spend their hobby time building two sets of sound effects.

XM is vaporware.

Nearly everything the XM offers can be stuffed into a CPUWIZ or AA PCB at a fraction of the cost.

Except the High score cart, and all that would need is a sawed off Atari shell with a connector on top, Game Genie style.

And do we really need Yamaha sound on an 8-bit system? If a homebrewer came up with a game that utilized it, CPU could probably whip something up to accommodate it.