IGNORED

GameXchange smashing systems and losing games

I've had it with them! Nearly every time i go there, i bring my cases to the counter so they can look for the discs and there's always one that they cannot find. Then i go there a couple weeks ago and i hear smashing sounds coming from the back room. I go to look and the employees leave one girl at the counter to work while they laugh and have a good old time smashing systems with a rock about the size of a basketball. I ask them what the hell they're doing and they said systems that don't work need to be destroyed so people don't go digging in the dumpster to get them and bring them back in here to sell. They were smashing a Dreamcast at the moment. There has to be a better way. Doesn't anyone know how to repair things anymore. It just disgusts me.

What a shame.. Dreamcasts aren't that hard to fix, usually the power supplies need recapped, GD-ROM and power switch refurbished. They could sell systems for parts on eBay or where ever, they're still worth something imo. So what if somebody repairs a system and sells it back to them? I won't be buying anything from there..

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 1

Yes, some people are stupid, or ignorant, or couldn't care less, but I also know I wouldn't pay anything for a broken Dreamcast, so it IS virtually worthless.

It does belong to them, and they have the right to do whatever they want with it. There are plenty of broken game systems out there.

Except they aren't just one person, they are a company. That's why I mentionned laws. At least where I live, it's illegal for any business to dump electronics into the regular dumpster.

I guess they do it because they mention people diving in the dumpstrs so I guess everything goes into the regular circuit.

This wouldn't save console from destruction, but that would give them a nice slap on the fingers to let them destroy hardware and dispose of it carelessly.

Hmmm. I would be taking advantage of this. If they don't test systems I would unload a shitload of junk ones. Shells thats already cracked/yellowed and insides that have been swapped for bad ones w/half the parts removed.

If they are going to bust them anyhow might as well give them junk.

Edited by icemanxp300