Ok I picked...

Donkey McKong Jr :-D

I'm hoping you guys who voted are going to post a score :P

donkey_kong_junior_5.gif

Download Fandal XEX

Info Atarimania ROM

Scoring Standard

Bonus for setting new HSC record [McKong's 436,000] :-o

Bonus Challenge - Level 1 Highest score in 1 man; to be played as part of normal goes.

Default settings - If you can't beat the first screen then you can play on skill level 0 [press Option/F4]

BASIC Bonus Game Nut's Junior, no me neither :D

Info Atarimania BAS emulator uses: enable basic post if you need any assistance ;)

Scoring 1pt per level completed excluding myself and McKong who will battle for 1pt. Let's see if it deserves it's 4.0 rating!

nuts_junior.gif

EVERYONE WELCOME TO PLAY JUST POST A SCORE :thumbsup:

UPDATED: Season 12 Current Standings

REMINDER:

Season 12 Schedule

OK Guys, we will finish the season mid January so there are only a few rounds to go. As it's so close between McKong and myself I want to try and keep it fair:

Round 19 will be normal

Round 20 will be the best game never played in the HSC so thinking caps on for that one *FIRE AWAY GUYS* (my ideas are on the games list) :thumbsup:Checkout the Ratings and Records to see if your game has been played before.

Round 21 will be a combined Season 12 catch-up and improve scores round, plus Christmas bonus if I can find something

Round 22 will be the season finale so we'll come up with something fun? Yes fun :-D

Donkey McKong? Has he gone Scottish?

AYYYYYYE :-D

22,600 might need to clean up my fire button for this round :|

41,000 reached level 3!

Found a stick with a reliable button...

67,600 (3)

Level 1 bonus challenge - 20,100

post-19705-0-00743400-1447613335_thumb.jpg

OK Describe DK Jr. in one word "Infuriating" :mad: :mad: :mad:

I played "Nuts Junior" for a little while. This BASIC game doesn't deserve a 4/10 on AtariAge.com. "Nuts Junior" isn't a bad game, although jumping the baddies is overly difficult. This difficulty level does diminish the fun a little bit, yet I did find myself playing over and over until I, at last, cleared the first level. The second level has two baddies: I never managed to pass them both. My score for "Nuts Junior" is"

"Nuts Junior" - 3,810 (NTSC, Emulation)

post-4925-0-91853500-1447635179_thumb.gif

Despite the similar title, "Nuts Factory" doesn't seem to share any traits with "Donkey Kong Junior." Instead "Nuts Junior" seems to have been inspired by "Miner 2049'er" or maybe "Mr Robot and His Robot Factory." The animation in this game is simply character-based, so there is no smooth movement. Your little guy moves from one space to the next, but that doesn't make a bad game. Just look at "Boulder Dash," which has similar movement, and you'll know that there is some good potential here.

Does anyone know where this game came from? Was it a type-in from a German magazine?

I'm curious to know what others think of this "Nuts Junior." I encourage all HSC players to try it out and give it a chance.

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

you are to play this round left handed... and blindfolded ;)

perhaps there are a couple of other DK Jr masters out there to give you a challenge?

I think I might make another level or two at best :-o :)

Looking at the other votes for the game it seems as though I am the only regular that voted for DK Jnr!

This is a game that I've played a lot down the years so I was going to suggest submitting scores for the 1st life from my games, having said that I usually lose a life early in my games, I'm not sure why

Go NUTS!

It shares the JUNIOR trait :grin:

The DKJr bonus challenge is highest score for level 1 in 1 man - to be played as part of your normal goes - so no sitting there restarting all the time guys :)

Improved on this to 21,200 and after a ton of goes managed to reach level 4: 89,700. I'm learning a few places that you can reach and noticing a few things, so there might be a bit more to come but... not much!

DKJr is unforgiving to say the least, I really think it could be better. Remember if you really struggle at the game you can play on level 0 for this round too. I'd be interested to hear opinions about the other versions, really in terms of what could be improved on our version (I only play Atari 8-bit Computer) :)

Nuts Junior 5,820 Level 3 - listing the code there are 5 screens and then it loops but not sure if it will get harder. There is RAM free for some extra screens to be added if anyone wants some bonus points. Nice game, tricky but doable, yes it must be Miner 2049'er inspired; so why didn't I think of it?!

post-19705-0-78999300-1448059983_thumb.jpg

NEW Scoring for the bonus game: 1pt per level completed, excluding myself and McKong who will battle for 1pt

Small improvement on DK Jr 131,200 Level 5 - this must be a p.b. from me :-o Hey I (nearly) made half of McKong's first post :_( :-o :P

post-19705-0-18524300-1448059982_thumb.jpg

First Tables

Donkey Kong Jr

1st McKong (p) 282,000 12pts
2nd therealbountybob (p) 131,200 11pts
3rd Mangia Boy (
p) 27,600 10pts
4th SHiNjide (p) 25,200 9pts
5th roadrunner (n) 12,100 8pts
6th ballyalley (n) 9,100 7pts
7th jblenkle (n) 8,200 6pts

# HSC record bonus point

Level 1 in 1 man Bonus Challenge
1st therealbountybob (p) 21,200 0

BASIC Bonus Game Nuts Jr
1st therealbountybob (p) 5,820 (3) 1pt
2nd ballyalley (n) 3,810 (2) 2pts

see first post for scoring and info :)

First Tables

Donkey Kong Jr

1st McKong (p) 282,000 12pts

2nd therealbountybob (p) 131,200 11pts

3rd Mangia Boy (n) 27,600 10pts

4th SHiNjide (p) 25,200 9pts

5th roadrunner (n) 12,100 8pts

6th ballyalley (n) 9,100 7pts

7th jblenkle (n) 8,200 6pts

# HSC record bonus point

Level 1 in 1 man Bonus Challenge

1st therealbountybob (p) 21,200 0

BASIC Bonus Game Nuts Jr

1st therealbountybob (p) 5,820 (3) 1pt

2nd ballyalley (n) 3,810 (2) 2pts

see first post for scoring and info :)

3 rd place at the moment. What a surprise. I think this version is too difficult for an average gamer.

BTW: I'm from PAL country, too.

• Like 1

3 rd place at the moment. What a surprise. I think this version is too difficult for an average gamer.

BTW: I'm from PAL country, too.

I agree, it's one unforgiving game!

Hard to give any DK Jr HINTS apart from have a few goes where you work out what gets you and where you are safe - you might be suprised.

At the top you can usually take 1 step then jump to reach the end of screen.

On the first screens on the top platform you can jump up and left without going into the air if you keep left held

On the key screens leave the right hand side one until last

On the other screen (not the sparks one) Only jump when your feet are together. Jump straight up rather than left and up to reach the 2nd moving bar (wait for it to be in line). Wait for a high fish before dopping down and getting across to the long rope with the item on the end, then go down and go as soon as a fish goes by (in line with the very end of the rope)

The sparks screen is tough - at the top you can jump to the end about half way across

McKong you might have some more to add?

Try the level 1 bonus challenge - it will help you work out where you can score more. Remember players can start on level 0 for this round too :)

Round 20 will be the best game never played in the HSC so thinking caps on for that one *FIRE AWAY GUYS* (my ideas are on the games list) :thumbsup: Checkout the Ratings and Records to see if your game has been played before.

Any more suggestions? Will put the poll on in a couple of days ;)

Round 20 will be the best game never played in the HSC so thinking caps on for that one *FIRE AWAY GUYS* (my ideas are on the games list) :thumbsup: Checkout the Ratings and Records to see if your game has been played before.

Any more suggestions? Will put the poll on in a couple of days ;)

What's on the list for round 20 so far?

Zone X would be\#1 but it's PAL only, so my pics are

Bug Attack - superb centipede style game

Tank Commander - excellent arcade game - read my review in the latest Pro© Magazine

Whilinurd - needs a serious playing

Possibly:

Parallax

Panther

Mr TNT

Stealth

Am sure there are loads of others :)

No improvement on DK Jr, seriously think I am done here as I've had kazillions of goes :( Nuts 7890 Level 3 - the game is not adjusted for speed so with more baddies the movement is slower making it very hard :-o