IGNORED

Games with the most sprite flicker?

TPR

Princess Quest, Module Man,Knightmare.

Princess Quest, once you get the boomerang, you can toss 3 of them at the same time.

Module Man, most enemies and objects have 2 sprites.

Knightmare, this game have almost display 32 sprites on one screen. I like to walk up to the boss and see the flicker routine happen before the screen finish scrolling up.

Goonies is pretty bad with flicker. Once you have 2 goons, a skeleton, 2 bullets and your character on one line. The sprite rotate very slowly.

My games have flicker routine. Pong Super Wallball, Flappy Bird, A Sparrow Goes Flapping uses flickering routine. My future game abuse the scanline limitation some more. I have to admit, I am obsessed with sprite flickering routine for some reason.

many games try to avoid flickering, by sorting the sprites, you can see it if you have a emulator can show sprites. There is a MSX emulator than can called "meisei" but none of the CV emulators I know can do that, I think MEKA should have, but I never see it works.

I haven't had time to use recent versions of CoolCV, but that would be a nice feature for Oscar to add.

Run in windowed mode and show a grid beside the running emulator window of 32 sprites to see real time sorting that might be going on. It would be real handy for developers that are trying to do intelligent flicker management. It might also be neat if we could pause the emulator, click on a sprite in the grid and edit it, then resume, but that would be the beginning of a slippery slope of cool features to add ;)

• Like 1