multiplan

3 replies to this topic

#1 aftyde OFFLINE  

aftyde

Chopper Commander

• 127 posts

Posted Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:18 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thought you'd get a kick out of this.  Very simple actually.  

1. Download and install a copy of OpenOffice/LibreOffice on your PC and open whatever excel file you need to port.  
  2. Then "Save As" in the SYLK format.  This stands for Symbolic Link File Format.
  3. Open up ti99dir and copy that file to a disk image.  You want to do this as Int/Fix, 128, and Binary File (no conversion).
  4. Make a diskette or an .HFE image (if you are using a Lotharek).
  5. Fire up MS Multiplan on the TI-99 and press T (for transfer), and O (for options).  Set the file type as SYLK.  You can also specify the location of your data drive in the form "DSKx." (but not as part of the filename, it has to be set under options in the field just below the file type selector)
  6. Press T, then L (for load) and enter the filename.  Prepare to wait.  After about a minute you'll see it processing SYLK lines as the data is fed into Multiplan.
  7. Done - go to T (Transfer), then O (Options) -set file type as Normal and then T, F, Save to save your Multiplan file.
  8. Go nuts - slowly... :)

Obviously, your spreadsheets need to be dirt simple - I didn't test this with formulas but it should be able to handle basic A1 to R1C1 formula conversions.

Cheers, Arthur...

#2 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 9,252 posts

Posted Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:41 AM

Now that I can burn cartridges I wish I had the talent to hack Gazoo's XB2.7S stuff in the Atmega1284.  I'd remove Disk Manager 2 or TI Diagnostics or both if I could get TI Multiplan in there.  I don't use either of those two programs, besides DM2K does everything I need and that resides in the 49F040 portion of the cartridge.  So if Multiplan could get in there, only some minor hacking of the menu, which also resides in the 1284 would be necessary.

#3 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Dragonstomper

• 620 posts

Posted Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:04 PM

Or, you could simply use PC-TRANSFER with the SYLK option and directly move Multiplan files between the two machines.

#4 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 7,619 posts

Posted Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:28 PM

Toooooo cool. :)

I'll break out my Multiplan package and give this a whirl soon. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multiplan

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users