IGNORED

Jr pac man. 5200

Provust

Was it ever confirmed that the final version of Jr. Pac-Man doesn't have the bug that was found in the earlier version (if an object passes over a power pellet and you die before you can eat the object, the power pellet is impossible to clear on remaining lives)?

Looks like you have the final version.

http://www.atariprotos.com/5200/software/jrpacman/jrpacman.htm

Was it ever confirmed that the final version of Jr. Pac-Man doesn't have the bug that was found in the earlier version (if an object passes over a power pellet and you die before you can eat the object, the power pellet is impossible to clear on remaining lives)?

I've never run into it in the 'final' version, but that doesn't mean it's not still there I suppose. Maybe someone can peek in the code?

• Like 1

Maybe $100 or so. Atari 5200 proto carts are very common, as far as protos go. Granted, it is of one of the unreleased games, so that helps the value and desirability a little bit, but there are so many of them out there, so the value isn't the greatest.

Except this is an unreleased game and not a very common 5200 proto. I'd say $200-$250.

No doubt, it could fetch that in a well written & properly listed eBay auction setting. The problem is that when it comes to a proto of an unreleased game, if the rom data is public & readily available, especially as in this case where its' been that way for decades, the desirability is far less.

No doubt, it could fetch that in a well written & properly listed eBay auction setting. The problem is that when it comes to a proto of an unreleased game, if the rom data is public & readily available, especially as in this case where its' been that way for decades, the desirability is far less.

5200 Protos have been rising in value over the past several years. I think this could get in the $200 range. $100 is far too low.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of advice. If you don't get any takers soon, and you can afford to hold it for a while, do so. This is a bad time of year to tempt collectors, and you may get more interest in a couple of months when everyone's wallets have (mostly) recovered from the holidays.

• Like 2

Bit of advice. If you don't get any takers soon, and you can afford to hold it for a while, do so. This is a bad time of year to tempt collectors, and you may get more interest in a couple of months when everyone's wallets have (mostly) recovered from the holidays.

Especially after folks get their tax returns back. That seems to be the best time for me to get games.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...