IGNORED

Question-> about some downloaded games via harmony cart?

tonyankyfan1

Quick question --> After downloading that huge collection of games via atariage for my harmony cart/2600, I have been noticing that some games (A few) come up on the screen in black and white and will not turn to color. While others are straight color. I checked my black and white/color switch and it is set on color. All my other CART games play in color and fine all the time, only these downloaded games have this issue. Does this have anything to do with my HARMONY CART?? As it is, the harmony cart menu is very dim and unreadable, I have to crank up the brightness and color via TV only when using the harmony. I am stumped!!!

Tahanks Anthony

Quick question --> After downloading that huge collection of games via atariage for my harmony cart/2600, I have been noticing that some games (A few) come up on the screen in black and white and will not turn to color. While others are straight color. I checked my black and white/color switch and it is set on color. All my other CART games play in color and fine all the time, only these downloaded games have this issue. Does this have anything to do with my HARMONY CART?? As it is, the harmony cart menu is very dim and unreadable, I have to crank up the brightness and color via TV only when using the harmony. I am stumped!!!

Tahanks Anthony

Did you use Rom Hunters collection from Atarimania? I use that rom collection on my Harmony with no issues.

http://www.atarimania.com/rom_collection_archive_atari_2600_roms.html

I had nothing but problems with the ROMs posted on AtariAge. One would think otherwise. Try these ROMs out and see if you have the same problem. These are ROMs I downloaded from another site and I haven't had problems with any so far.

Yes, I downloaded all the ROMS from ROMHUNTER

• Like 1

You're not using a PAL TV, are you? Air Raiders NTSC has an odd number of scan lines (263) and would display in black and white on some PAL TVs as a consequence.

No, not a PAL tv

Did you use Rom Hunters collection from Atarimania? I use that rom collection on my Harmony with no issues.

http://www.atarimania.com/rom_collection_archive_atari_2600_roms.html

YES, i did..

• Like 1

Make sure you aren't playing PAL games. The colors will be wrong and your TV may have trouble syncing (and therefore may look dim and fuzzy.)

Hi,

All the games i downloaded were from atariage and ROMHUNTER. They all seem to be NTSC games, no PAL games. I had to work over weekend, so i have not had a chance to crank up the 2600 & Harmony, but will be doing s tonight to double check everything. I will get back to you. Thanks for the help and advice, appreciate it!!!

Anthony