IGNORED

Your Top 10 2600 Titles?

Micheloni2600

Hi I just wanted to post a thread and see what people are into, whether you were from the glorious times of the 80's when the Atari was hot or if you're just getting into it now. I am always open and interested to hear anyone and everyone's opinion on their favorite 2600 titles. So what are your's? Lets hear em, I'll kick the list off with my absolute top 10 favorite carts. (So far.)

10.Space Invaders

9.Ms. PacMan

8.Centipede

7.H.E.R.O

6.Berzerk

5.Yar's Revenge

4.Stampede

3.River Raid

2.Missile Command

1.Kaboom!

(Honorable Mentions.)

Adventures of Tron

Dodge 'Em

Dig Dug

Crackpots

Dragonfire

Demon attack/Phoenix

Vanguard

Q*bert

• Like 1

It depends on the day! There's too many 2600 games I like. I'll riff off some of the ones I always come back to:

Defender

Defender II
Alien
Star Ship

Air-Sea Battle

Breakout

Pac-Man (yes, Pac-Man)

River Raid

River Raid II

Radar Lock

HERO

Space Invaders

Adventure

Starmaster

Video Olympics

Xenophobe
Galaxian

BTW I see you're in Stevens Point; my wife went to UWSP. :) (We're both from Wausau.) I suppose Belt's is closed for the year now, eh?

I was born during the time Atari was the big thing (Summer 1981). I wish I would have grown up during the late 70's/early 80's to experience it more hand. Anyways my top ten list of Atari 2600 games follows as this. And choosing a top ten list for this system is difficult to narrow down. So here it goes.

10. Solar Fox

9. GORF

8. Berserk

7. Adventure

6. Yars' Revenge

5. Enduro

4. Space Invaders

3. Missle Command

2. Pitfall 2

1. H.E.R.O.

Honorable Mentions:

Pitfall

Pressure Cooker

Venture

Kaboom!

Vanguard

Frogger

Q*Bert

Combat

River Raid

Atlantis

Yeah shes closed up alright, but that's okay it gives you a chance to stay inside with a cup of coffee next to the woodgrain machine and to get some high scores! I like your list, I've been lookin for River Raid II for some time!

Aw, we're swinging through Point on the way to the 'Sau for Thanksgiving...though it's probably gonna be too cold for ice cream anyway. Definitely gonna stop by Game Generations though (the ones in Wausau suck).

You're gonna hate me, but...I actually found a copy of River Raid II (AND Subterranea, at the same time!) at the Goodwill in Stevens Point a few years ago. I've gotten a ton of great stuff there over the years but it's really dried up now.

Luckily River Raid II's not that hard to get online though. You should be able to get a decent loose copy for $15-20. Have you ever played it before, in emulation or anything?

In no order, I'd say my favorite 2600 games are:

1) Pitfall

2) Pitfall 2

3) River Raid

4) H.E.R.O.

5) Kaboom

6) Haunted House

7) Yar's Revenge

8) Krull

9) Bezerk

10) Dragonstomper

Honorable mentions go to:

1) Adventure

2) Asteroids

3) Star Trek: SOS

4) Gyruss

5) Defender

6) Stargate

7) Demons to Diamonds

8) Space Shuttle

9) Space Invaders

10) Fatal Run

Aw, we're swinging through Point on the way to the 'Sau for Thanksgiving...though it's probably gonna be too cold for ice cream anyway. Definitely gonna stop by Game Generations though (the ones in Wausau suck).

You're gonna hate me, but...I actually found a copy of River Raid II (AND Subterranea, at the same time!) at the Goodwill in Stevens Point a few years ago. I've gotten a ton of great stuff there over the years but it's really dried up now.

Luckily River Raid II's not that hard to get online though. You should be able to get a decent loose copy for $15-20. Have you ever played it before, in emulation or anything?

This is great! I actually work at the Gaming Generations here in point! Ill be working Black Friday and the weekend to come. Hope to see you there, and I had played river raid ii, but only on an activison anthology title for ps2 with all the activision atari classics.

• Like 1