IGNORED

Sega Genesis Classic Game Console.

Rik

I'm not liking the handheld. The control pad seems a bit skewed. If I am going up or down, it doesn't go diagonal easily unless I am almost full left or right. But if I am going straight left or right, it's only a hair trigger away from going diagonal.

Also I copied a bunch of Genesis roms from my Everdrive, all working. When I tried it in my handheld, out of a bunch of random games only Sword of vermillion worked. Outrun 2019 and Space Harrier II didn't work at all, I got blank screen and Ultimate Qix caused the screen to go dark and non-responding (even menu button didn't work anymore). Since they all worked on Everdrive, it is quite likely that ROM were a tad touchy about fake Genesis hardware. Or maybe I have a dud? I'd have to keep checking and see what else works and doesn't work.

Edited by 7800fan

I'm not liking the handheld. The control pad seems a bit skewed. If I am going up or down, it doesn't go diagonal easily unless I am almost full left or right. But if I am going straight left or right, it's only a hair trigger away from going diagonal.

Also I copied a bunch of Genesis roms from my Everdrive, all working. When I tried it in my handheld, out of a bunch of random games only Sword of vermillion worked. Outrun 2019 and Space Harrier II didn't work at all, I got blank screen and Ultimate Qix caused the screen to go dark and non-responding (even menu button didn't work anymore). Since they all worked on Everdrive, it is quite likely that ROM were a tad touchy about fake Genesis hardware. Or maybe I have a dud? I'd have to keep checking and see what else works and doesn't work.

The handheld uses BIN files, which the EverDrive doesn't. You can usually rename the file extension and they'll work, or look for a repository with native BIN files.

• Like 1

All of the ROM I tested with are BIN. I tried a few more like Starfight and Star Control, both worked fine. The games that didn't work on my handheld, worked just fine in my ED. Using the same SD card even so there is no chance of corrupted ROM in between.

Beside I llke my PSP more, it plays everything else beside Genesis and the control aren't a bit touchy or offset.

• 10 months later...

Do any versions of the sega classic console and portable have sonic 3 or sonic 3 and knuckles on them? I was thinking of getting one of the earlier versions after getting the current version portable.

If the Knuckles game is included, it is a separate game from Sonic 2 or 3. Most units (except the most recent) don't save anyhow so you'll have to finish it in one playthough.

Do any versions of the sega classic console and portable have sonic 3 or sonic 3 and knuckles on them? I was thinking of getting one of the earlier versions after getting the current version portable.

The portable has an SD card slot for you to add your own ROMs. There's no need to buy a whole other system for embedded games.