IGNORED

Color me sad.

stephini

I am wanting to collect a CV and join this community since the games look quite fun. Even found a nice auction that had EVERYTHING except for the ADAM module. Unfortunatly I was OKed to bid up to 50 bucks and just a day ago got bid past that point. :( Guess I'll be joining this community a different day. Sadly the CV wasn't the only thing I didn't get from that auction I would have loved. There was even a fairly nice looking Warlords boxed.(My third favorite game for Atari thus far. 1: video olympics 2: ET)

I love E.T. on atari too. I really never thought it was such a bad game. Warlords with 4 people on paddles is as good as gaming gets.

I am wanting to collect a CV and join this community since the games look quite fun. Even found a nice auction that had EVERYTHING except for the ADAM module. Unfortunatly I was OKed to bid up to 50 bucks and just a day ago got bid past that point. :( Guess I'll be joining this community a different day. Sadly the CV wasn't the only thing I didn't get from that auction I would have loved. There was even a fairly nice looking Warlords boxed.(My third favorite game for Atari thus far. 1: video olympics 2: ET)

You're going to have a hard time getting a complete CV in good working order for $50 or less. Some deals can be had but usually things are missing or broken. If you're technically handy however, some CV problems can be fixed without too much trouble. Keep looking, it's a very fun system.

I know how you feel- I'm wanting in on Coleco myself, but it's going to have to wait until next year due to the prices. :(

My plan is to go poke Yurkie once I've got some money saved up... I mean, if I know I'm going to have to drop a decent chunk to get a good, working unit, I might as well splurge for one that's been properly restored!

Unfortunately you will probably never join in on the CV and or ADAM bandwagon on the cheap especially seeing as these consoles are 33 years old now and most you will come across will have issues.

Save yourself a lot of time, aggravation and probably money and contact Yurkie for a complete CV system with at least these mods:

- Composite Video and Audio Mod as the video quality will be significantly improved over the standard RF output as well as easier hookup to modern TVs.

- Ball Knob and straightened cords for both Hand Controllers.

These two mods alone will improve your CV experience ten-fold and I wish that I had someone give me this heads-up some 5 years ago when I got back into the scene as it would have saved me some money.

I repeat... do not try to go it the cheap route especially if you do not have the electronics skills to repair and mod a system.

Next purchase after the system should be the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart. It comes with 2 free Homebrew games and youbcan copy all the rom files onto it so that you have a large collection right off the bat. Then if you need to have the actual cartridges, pick them up at your own pace.

If you follow this advice, you will have a great beginning to CV gaming.

• Like 3

Yep,I'm gonna echo what others have said...do not go cheap when buying this system.

I did about 5 years ago,got one for $40.00 and it was in awful condition,something the seller didn't really say upfront,he just sold it "as is"...which is a warning sign for junk status.

About 5 days ago I received a restored ColecoVision from Yurkie. I went the whole 9 yards and got all mods installed on the machine. The picture is heavenly and the modded controllers with joysticks added to them is first class gaming all around. It won't be cheap but Yurkie does fine work and again...these systems are old and getting closer to breaking down year after year. Yurkie restores them and gives them new life,you need to go that route. Save the money and for now just play the games on emulation till you're ready to go for the real hardware.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

You're going to have a hard time getting a complete CV in good working order for $50 or less. Some deals can be had but usually things are missing or broken. If you're technically handy however, some CV problems can be fixed without too much trouble. Keep looking, it's a very fun system.

It was actually untested/for parts but I figured like most systems it's age I could likely get it up and running with my iron. :P

Unfortunately you will probably never join in on the CV and or ADAM bandwagon on the cheap especially seeing as these consoles are 33 years old now and most you will come across will have issues.

Save yourself a lot of time, aggravation and probably money and contact Yurkie for a complete CV system with at least these mods:

- Composite Video and Audio Mod as the video quality will be significantly improved over the standard RF output as well as easier hookup to modern TVs.

- Ball Knob and straightened cords for both Hand Controllers.

These two mods alone will improve your CV experience ten-fold and I wish that I had someone give me this heads-up some 5 years ago when I got back into the scene as it would have saved me some money.

I repeat... do not try to go it the cheap route especially if you do not have the electronics skills to repair and mod a system.

Next purchase after the system should be the AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart. It comes with 2 free Homebrew games and youbcan copy all the rom files onto it so that you have a large collection right off the bat. Then if you need to have the actual cartridges, pick them up at your own pace.

If you follow this advice, you will have a great beginning to CV gaming.

I actually was deliberatly looking for a CV that would be likely nonfunctional as I've has GREAT fun restoring my Atari 2600s. :P But I'll take your suggestions under advisement all the same.