IGNORED

New XB Game Under Development :)

Iwantgames:)

Also, the "Billy Ball" series by R. Truman is probably one of the best platform games I've seen in Extended BASIC. He manages to make the gameplay really challenging and keep things moving pretty smooth!

They were released on the "Best of the U.K" disks from Texcomp years ago. I sent all of them to Walid to put up on the TI Game Shelf but I don't think they're up yet... If you need some listings let me know!

You did? I have no recollection of that... Could you please resend them to me? I am updating the Gameshelf on Saturday.

Yeah, Downland is HARD... Cave Walker actually offers a "practice" mode that lets you play the game in an invulnerable state just to practice each level. Absolute precision and timing is needed, and a lot of it comes from trial and error.

The worst thing? That the TRS-80 Coco didn't have a really good joystick. You had to buy their deluxe one that would let you lock the stick into a spring-back position. Otherwise most games were nearly impossible to play effectively.

Yeah, take what you've done and make an original game! Maybe the same theme (cave spelunking). I'd say focus on player movement, jumping, climbing, and all of that and then see what are cheap easy obstacles you can implement in the confines of XB. You could do something similar that I did with Aperture; have a missile or something fire off at intervals, and while it's on the screen all action freezes.

I have the Deluxe controller but still wish I could use my 2600 joystick :) luckily on TI I can :D

I got an idea for original game but I'll be working on player movement first and then figuring out what I can do that makes sense with the story in my head :)

Hi, I am trying to find some documentation on how to use xb2.7 I did find some limited doc file but there is no mention of the basic stuff. Example how do you EDIT LineNumber (Example EDIT 20) in XB? I thought it would be like in TI Basic with XB 2.7 adding more commands.

My cartridge is still on it's way but I am using an emulator to try out the commands for now (Classic 99).

Thanks.

Hi, I am trying to find some documentation on how to use xb2.7 I did find some limited doc file but there is no mention of the basic stuff. Example how do you EDIT LineNumber (Example EDIT 20) in XB? I thought it would be like in TI Basic with XB 2.7 adding more commands.

My cartridge is still on it's way but I am using an emulator to try out the commands for now (Classic 99).

Thanks.

You need an Extended Basic Manual. V 2.7 enhances XB, not TIB. Here it is on WHTech: TI Extended Basic-Linked.pdf

...lee

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid life :P haven't had much time for this lately but finally got the new title page done :)

Hopefully I can finish this before August when my first baby arrives :)

Anyways I decided to take the hermit from one of my Xmas demos and make a game about him before he was a hermit :)

Basically the world ended after a nuclear winter. Survivors live deep underground and the player is sick of people always being around so he goes on a quest to become a hermit. But he has to make it through old unused caverns filled with malfunctioning defenses.

So here's the title screen :)

post-39068-0-86406600-1451541986_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Got level 1 layed out. Still need to figure out how to make the player look like he's walking/climbing/jumping, make it so items can be collected, make scoring and lives work, and make it so you can't fly around :P but its looking good :)

Attached is the program text, 40&80 track disks and HFE file :)

Wanna B Hermit.txt

Hermit140.dsk

Hermit180.dsk

Hermit1.hfe

Look up CALL PATTERN.

It will be useful if you have spare characters in your character sets. I would definitely reserve enough chars for your animations, then build your universe with whatever's left.

You can always redefine characters between levels so that you can re-use your playfield graphic character codes.

• Like 1