• reBOOTed

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:18 PM

Longer play of Robot Monsters:

#327 sirlynxalot OFFLINE  

sirlynxalot

Dragonstomper

• 553 posts

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:44 PM

Wow I didn't even know Dragon Breed was released on the ST.  That is a pretty neat game in the arcade and the graphics and gameplay of the port look very comparable. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it!

#328 af0l OFFLINE  

af0l

Moonsweeper

• 279 posts

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:03 PM

Longer play of Robot Monsters:

Wow, this thing is hard with trainers on... You best leave them in or make the carts out of rubber :)

#329 AtariDean OFFLINE  

AtariDean

Star Raider

• 86 posts

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:49 PM

This one has come along nicely.  Loads of room left in the .ROM, so might try and get all the level music in from the arcade, as the ST only had the one tune:

Didnt even know this game existed, its like the st version of the 8 bit screaming wings. loved that game played for hours. Still remember buying it from boots the 80s

#330 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:12 PM

Well I would have taken them to the retro night in town but I didn't know it was last Friday and missed it 😐

#331 AtariDean OFFLINE  

AtariDean

Star Raider

• 86 posts

Posted Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:34 PM

Well I would have taken them to the retro night in town but I didn't know it was last Friday and missed it

I didn't go as had Jaguar and 8-bit night with the nipper,

No probs hopefully catch you next month.

#332 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:35 AM

Woah, the code in this is a mess :)

Doesn't help that the music and the SFX routines are mutually exclusive in memory on the ST version, and called at different (but overlapping) addresses... and for this version I've enabled *both* because, well JAGUAR POWA!!!

**Video clip removed due to embarrassment**

#333 af0l OFFLINE  

af0l

Moonsweeper

• 279 posts

Posted Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:03 AM

Don't hold back, mate :)

#334 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:41 AM

That's all sorts of messed up, noticed I was using the wrong register to trigger the correct tune, and also calling music for the SFX in one routine... will upload another vid :P

Sound effects still slightly messed up (they overlap) but it's getting there.

#335 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:14 AM

So, this one is basically done now :)

I've got to tidy up some of the audio clipping and fix that palette change when it changes levels, but meh, small things :)  (and I may have cheated to the next level in the video...)

#336 sirlynxalot OFFLINE  

sirlynxalot

Dragonstomper

• 553 posts

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:25 PM

You need to stop playing it like r type and start intentionally smashing the waves of small enemies from the top and from right to left with the dragons body ☺

#337 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:34 PM

You need to stop playing it like r type and start intentionally smashing the waves of small enemies from the top and from right to left with the dragons body ☺

Or just cheat ;)

#338 rayik OFFLINE  

rayik

Moonsweeper

• 442 posts

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:01 PM

So, this one is basically done now :)

I've got to tidy up some of the audio clipping and fix that palette change when it changes levels, but meh, small things :)  (and I may have cheated to the next level in the video...)

No more public releases?

#339 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:01 PM

No more public releases?

These were always intended to be free downloads. With certain people dead set on 'blowing the scene wide open' I no longer feel I can release binaries.

There is far more involved in these than just 'throwing binaries into Raptor' as some completely unqualified people would have you believe, and I'm not going to allow freeloaders to profit from my time and effort.

I will try to work with Albert to get some or all of these available, but no promises or guarantees. If circumstances change in the future I may release them.

It saddens me that people are like this, but I guess it was to be expected.

#340 remowilliams OFFLINE  

remowilliams

Quadrunner

• 10,609 posts

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:34 PM

No more public releases?

http://atariage.com/...dpost&p=3592380   Sad, but true.

It's a real shame folks, this is good stuff... 

#341 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 955 posts
  • The key is in the skull.

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:39 PM

I will happily buy these on cart to support the time and effort put into porting these to the Jaguar.

EDIT: I should put at one point I inquired about others possibly putting these ports on cart, but that was before Id realized there wete plans to make physical copies through AtariAge from CJ & Al.

Edited by ChaosCX, Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:43 PM.

#342 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:22 PM

I will happily buy these on cart to support the time and effort put into porting these to the Jaguar.

EDIT: I should put at one point I inquired about others possibly putting these ports on cart, but that was before Id realized there wete plans to make physical copies through AtariAge from CJ & Al.

There were no plans to do this until other people started making them and bidding them up to stupid amounts on ebay.

I will keep making the videos and being completely open about what has been added or removed or what is or isn't working in a given port so that if they do become available you will know what to expect from them. A ROM would be better but we know where that leads now.

I am trying to avoid 1:1 and enhance them where possible, be it by adding better music or faster frame rates, or simply by using more buttons.

Anyway, I'd better get back to (real) work. Lunchtime over!

#343 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:36 PM

DragonBreed Longplay

#344 atarian63 OFFLINE  

atarian63

River Patroller

• 4,247 posts

Posted Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:54 PM

And for my next cake....  [Why don't other people make cake, that's what I wonder...]

This is one of my all time favorite games! So damn happy you are doing this!! Thank you!!

#345 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 955 posts
  • The key is in the skull.

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:39 PM

I got to try out some of the newer ST ports at the "Port"land Retro Gaming Expo today, freakin' awesome.  Thank you guys for allowing that.  I gotta say Commando looks very clean, simple to play on the Jag and Flying Shark's controls feel very responsive.  Badlands seemed to be the cart that was drawing in people next to me and that also looked great!

#346 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• Topic Starter
  • 5,862 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:49 AM

I got to try out some of the newer ST ports at the "Port"land Retro Gaming Expo today, freakin' awesome.  Thank you guys for allowing that.  I gotta say Commando looks very clean, simple to play on the Jag and Flying Shark's controls feel very responsive.  Badlands seemed to be the cart that was drawing in people next to me and that also looked great!

Awesome :)

Shame i didn't finish DragonBreed until after the deadline, or that would have been there as well.  In the meantime....

#347 af0l OFFLINE  

af0l

Moonsweeper

• 279 posts

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:58 AM

Wow, used love this one! 

#348 Sapicco OFFLINE  

Sapicco

Dragonstomper

• 811 posts

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:27 AM

Midnight resistance looks cool! Reminds me a little of rush'n attack.

I am glad I grabbed most of the first round of carts already. I have a feeling the next batch is going to be full of more must-haves!

#349 -^CrožBow^- OFFLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 7,159 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:23 AM

I'm in for getting Robot Masters once that becomes available. I would even get that one in a clear cart just to make it stand out more in my collection.

#350 YarsRevengeFan OFFLINE  

YarsRevengeFan

Dragonstomper

• 643 posts
  • "I'm a functioning drunk."

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:05 PM

I'm in for getting Robot Masters once that becomes available. I would even get that one in a clear cart just to make it stand out more in my collection.

Same!!!

Edited by YarsRevengeFan, Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:05 PM.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users