IGNORED

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

CyranoJ

CJ, can you please update the links in the first post on how to create a CD to play these games? None of the links work. I think Reboot must have gotten rid of those when they updated their website. I was able to find downloads of Jiffi and DiscJuggler, but without any instructions on exactly what I need to do I haven't been able to make a working CD.

It's a long topic, but at some point CJ said that someone was taking his ROMs, burning CDs and selling them on ebay, so he locked them down to only work with skunk (or something along those lines). That may not be exactly correct, but you can read through the thread and find exactly what he said if you're interested further. So you're probably not going to succeed in making CDs for that reason. I searched ebay to try and figure out who the un-named guilty party was, but I think they had taken them off by that point.

CJ, can you please update the links in the first post on how to create a CD to play these games? None of the links work. I think Reboot must have gotten rid of those when they updated their website. I was able to find downloads of Jiffi and DiscJuggler, but without any instructions on exactly what I need to do I haven't been able to make a working CD.

First post updated, thanks for pointing out the dead links. The guide to burning is, however, long gone - but I don't release .abs files anymore, so it's no use (for this thread) anyway.

Wasn't there some talk of releasing the files after the SD cart was completed? On the one hand you aren't really selling the games, on the other hand some douchebag was taking your work and selling them. At least that is how I remember it.

Have not thought about it in a long time, so can't comment currently. There are still a handful of people out there determined to try and ruin the wider Jaguar community for everyone because their actions have banished them from everywhere that normal, well balanced people are allowed to be.

• Like 7

Thanks for updating the links, CJ. I tried downloading the DiscJuggler you linked to because it was an older version than the one I tried yesterday. Unfortunately I'm still just getting a disc that doesn't work. My Jaguar boots it thinking it's a regular CD. I think I converted the game properly with Jiffi because I got a cdi file, but then a message popped up on Jiffi regarding what parameters I needed to set DiscJuggler at, but those parameters don't correspond with any settings I can find in the program. I'm sure it's clear to all of you brilliant programmers, but for a layman like me, I have no idea what settings I need to change to get a properly working disc.

Maybe you can send me a PM about what I need to set it at to make a disc I can play? I'm not someone who is going to try to sell these somewhere. I'm new to the Jag Forum, but I've been here on AtariAge since 2005 and haven't caused any trouble yet. ;)

Have not thought about it in a long time, so can't comment currently. There are still a handful of people out there determined to try and ruin the wider Jaguar community for everyone because their actions have banished them from everywhere that normal, well balanced people are allowed to be.

Not all of us have a skunk-board, or even a CD attachment for that matter. I'm hopeful that if an SD cart is created that the ROMs would be made available at some point (if they are not already). Not that it would ever re-pay the effort you put in to make this happen, but I would also be willing to make say a $50 paypal contribution for something like collection of the ROMs. In other words, something to show some appreciation, but that bypasses the need for paying for individual cart productions at $50ish+ per which just prices me out.

The funny thing is the TMNT game is what brought my attention to this topic, but in watching the video the ST version doesn't even seem to be that great of a port. Several of the other games are what made me keep coming back to this thread, and that I hope to be able to play someday. Combined with the fact that you are cleaning them up, adding better ports of music and sound, and just overall kicking some ass in converting these, it's a real shot in the arm to the Jag community. Your efforts are appreciated, even if I haven't been able to take advantage of it first-hand yet.

• Like 2

Absolutely LOVED Stunt Car Racer back in the day. Also it was a blast playing it with null modem / serial with someone on an Amiga.

Curious, maybe put in the code and... we'd need to figure out a cable, but make it cross platform play with Atari ST/Amiga/Jaguar? ha!

Only other game that we got working this way was Populous 2, but the ST being clocked higher always had an advantage over the Amiga version.