Photo

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

1206 replies to this topic

#1201 leech ONLINE  

leech

Stargunner

• 1,258 posts

Posted Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:05 PM

Nobody in the ST scene cares unless its brown, textured and moving at 3fps.

Maybe they'd port supercross?

Ha.  Oids was actually updated to use the Jagpad, and runs awesome with it.  Maybe port that version to the Jaguar?  Wonder how many of the extra levels you could fit on a cartridge?

#1202 Lynxpro OFFLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 3,560 posts

Posted Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:31 PM

Space Junk was intended for the Falcon and Mega CD initially and appeared on neither.

Then annouced for Jaguar CD and we have Martin Hooley's version of events as to why it never appeared and on the other end of the spectrum Atari's internal documentation explaining why they took it off the release schedule..

Steel Talons would of worked far better on Jaguar,frame rate wise than the Lynx or Genesis versions turned out.

It would of been nice to of had the real "heli-mode" put into a Jaguar version, as it offered the more realistic flight dynamics of a Blackhawk 67 Helicopter.

Imagitec worked on the unreleased Falcon version of Raiden, Colin Jackson and Nigel Conroy etc.

Road Riot 4WD?

The documents for Lynx and 7800 versions were shared online a while ago.

Not a game i am personally fond of on any format, as it's not my type of thing.

How well a Jaguar version would of been received, i leave to others ;-)

Space Junk didn't get released for the Falcon030?

Steel Talons was released for the Falcon030. So was Road Riot 4WD. I loved it in the arcades. It would've been great on the Jag had it used the JagLink/CatBox/etc. 

#1203 Lynxpro OFFLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 3,560 posts

Posted Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:36 PM

Ha.  Oids was actually updated to use the Jagpad, and runs awesome with it.  Maybe port that version to the Jaguar?  Wonder how many of the extra levels you could fit on a cartridge?

Really?  Someone patched it?  I'd love to see more ST games patched to use the ST PowerPads/JagPads. Seems like such a no-brainer and it would certainly improve modern retro gaming on the platform for anyone with STe and Falcon030s.

#1204 leech ONLINE  

leech

Stargunner

• 1,258 posts

Posted Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:03 PM

Really?  Someone patched it?  I'd love to see more ST games patched to use the ST PowerPads/JagPads. Seems like such a no-brainer and it would certainly improve modern retro gaming on the platform for anyone with STe and Falcon030s.

http://atari-forum.c... jagpad#p320657

Awesome mod.  He seemed to get kind of bummed out that not as many people were testing it as he wanted.  So pipe into that thread and test?  Ran great when I tried it on my 1040 STe.  060 in the Falcon made it freak out, but that's why I have a switch to swap between that and the 030.

#1205 leech ONLINE  

leech

Stargunner

• 1,258 posts

Posted Thu Nov 1, 2018 9:25 AM

Oh, it looks like Vroom was the other one he did.  http://atari.8bitchip.info/SCRSH/vrooms.html http://atari.8bitchi...SCRSH/oids.html

#1206 Lynxpro OFFLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 3,560 posts

Posted Fri Nov 2, 2018 7:20 AM

The link to Vroom didn't work. I looked it up. There isn't any notation of it working with the JagPad, just that it has Mouse/Joystick control. Unless I'm missing something...

#1207 slx OFFLINE  

slx

Stargunner

• 1,550 posts

Posted Fri Nov 9, 2018 6:24 AM

Wow, never noticed this thread before. Need to take some vacation to play through all of this....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users