Posted Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:46 PM

Will they have boxes and manuals?

#102 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 33,552 posts

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:47 PM

Will they have boxes and manuals?

No, but will be doing that for some upcoming homebrew releases.

..Al

#103 lachoneus OFFLINE  

lachoneus

Chopper Commander

• 171 posts

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:53 PM

No, but will be doing that for some upcoming homebrew releases...Al

More good news. :) Great work on the labels for the ST ports.

#104 racerx OFFLINE  

racerx

Dragonstomper

• 893 posts

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:33 PM

ccdb9c1bdc8c745ae389fd40950de56c0da8fd35

#105 Serblander OFFLINE  

Serblander

Dragonstomper

• 796 posts

Posted Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 PM

Jaguar_ST_Ports_Grid.jpg

Oh Albert, they're BEEutifull!!! 

:lust:  :lust:  :lust:  :lust:  :lust: 

#106 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,376 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Mon Aug 1, 2016 1:29 PM

Killer! Love the ST Bee logo! 

#107 MathUser OFFLINE  

MathUser

Space Invader

• 49 posts

Posted Mon Aug 1, 2016 5:37 PM

Wow, Bubble Bobble and Gauntlet 2 are clearly the best games on Jaguar now, and they're not even enhanced ports. Straight up port.

#108 MathUser OFFLINE  

MathUser

Space Invader

• 49 posts

Posted Mon Aug 1, 2016 5:44 PM

I know someone else profiting off your hard work can kinda peeve you off. But you should think of it as a service to the commmunity. Until they release that flash cart with SD support there's no easy way to play these games on your console. One of my hacks is on a repro and I don't profit from it, but I think it's cool someone liked it enough to put it on there.

If you decide to make your own carts and not release ROM's that could work too, but when that flash cart comes out people won't be able to add your port on it. I imagine you'd rather have people playing it and enjoying it than a select few buying the few cartridges you have time to make.

#109 racerx OFFLINE  

racerx

Dragonstomper

• 893 posts

Posted Mon Aug 1, 2016 6:00 PM

I know someone else profiting off your hard work can kinda peeve you off. But you should think of it as a service to the commmunity.

70219556.jpg

These can generally be burned to CD, or dumped to a Skunk.  Most people THAT into the Jag have access to one or both of these.

To give any air of legitimacy to this kind of garbage or passing it off as a service to the community is ridiculous.  It's profiteering off the work of others...no more, no less.

#110 AtariDean OFFLINE  

AtariDean

Star Raider

• 84 posts

Posted Tue Aug 2, 2016 1:28 AM

Wow, Bubble Bobble and Gauntlet 2 are clearly the best games on Jaguar now, and they're not even enhanced ports. Straight up port.

wiil these be available to buy off Atari age , as only have cd and rom ports are to big for cd

#111 MathUser OFFLINE  

MathUser

Space Invader

• 49 posts

Posted Wed Aug 3, 2016 12:22 AM

I spose its easy enough to burn a cd, assuming you find a working jaguar cd. I heard AVGN had to buy 3 jaguar cd's before he finally got one that worked tho. I don't think I would wanna throw that much money away just to play some ST games. I think you need a ancient computer to use the skunkboard. So really the best option is to buy a pre-made cartridge. It's good if you guys are gonna sell them. The money will go to people that actually deserve it. When the Jaguar flash cart comes out I expect you to release the ROM's again tho.

#112 lachoneus OFFLINE  

lachoneus

Chopper Commander

• 171 posts

Posted Wed Aug 3, 2016 6:51 AM

Think you need a ancient computer to use the skunkboard.

Skunks work just fine with any modern Windows/Linux machine. The real issue with them now is getting one. People are trying to sell them for ~$500 on eBay, because their value will most likely drop considerably when SainT's SD card reader comes out.

#113 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• 4,054 posts

Posted Wed Aug 3, 2016 9:30 AM

This is the first mention I've seen of a SD card reader for the ST...is there more info on it someplace? I searched but couldn't find anything.

Skunks work just fine with any modern Windows/Linux machine. The real issue with them now is getting one. People are trying to sell them for ~$500 on eBay, because their value will most likely drop considerably when SainT's SD card reader comes out.

#114 lachoneus OFFLINE  

lachoneus

Chopper Commander

• 171 posts

Posted Wed Aug 3, 2016 10:34 AM

This is the first mention I've seen of a SD card reader for the ST...is there more info on it someplace? I searched but couldn't find anything.

Glad to spread the good word.  The post is just a few threads down on the first page.  http://atariage.com/...r-sd-cartridge/

#115 racerx OFFLINE  

racerx

Dragonstomper

• 893 posts

Posted Wed Aug 3, 2016 11:25 AM

I spose its easy enough to burn a cd, assuming you find a working jaguar cd. I heard AVGN had to buy 3 jaguar cd's before he finally got one that worked tho. I don't think I would wanna throw that much money away just to play some ST games. I think you need a ancient computer to use the skunkboard. So really the best option is to buy a pre-made cartridge. It's good if you guys are gonna sell them. The money will go to people that actually deserve it. When the Jaguar flash cart comes out I expect you to release the ROM's again tho.

Really not sure what's going on here.

Ignore AVGN.  He's a fictional entertainment character, and Jag-bashing is part of his schtick.  I've had many JagCD units (still have 3), and never had a problem with even one of them.

Any computer with a USB port can flash to a Skunk.  I'm currently using a Windows 10 machine.

Release the ROMs again?  They're right here, right now, on the first page, for anyone that wants them.

The fact is, if someone doesn't want to "throw that much money away just to play some ST games," then don't.  Get an ST, play them on other hardware, or ignore them completely.  To sell what CJ is doing here for your own profit, without his OK, is a dick move, plain and simple.

#116 ChaosCX OFFLINE  

ChaosCX

Moonsweeper

• 437 posts
  • "So says Mr. Stewart."

Posted Wed Aug 3, 2016 5:05 PM

So, I've been wondering ever since I'd seen it. Will we have the option of adding clear shells to all the ST port carts or will there be limited versions like that? I've been a sucker for them clear carts. Either way, can't wait to pounce on these ports. = )

#117 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 33,552 posts

Posted Wed Aug 3, 2016 5:32 PM

So, I've been wondering ever since I'd seen it. Will we have the option of adding clear shells to all the ST port carts or will there be limited versions like that? I've been a sucker for them clear carts. Either way, can't wait to pounce on these ports. = )

Yes, clear carts are an option, although I only have a limited number of them at the moment.  Otherwise it would be pretty mean for me to tease with a photo of a clear cart!  :D

..Al

#118 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 33,552 posts

Posted Wed Aug 3, 2016 7:16 PM

http://atariage.com/...available-here/

#119 bmx OFFLINE  

bmx

Chopper Commander

• 212 posts

Posted Thu Aug 4, 2016 2:30 AM

Thanks for finally offering official Cards. :) 

#120 JagCD OFFLINE  

JagCD

Chopper Commander

• 182 posts

Posted Sun Aug 7, 2016 12:50 PM

Can I request that F40 Pursuit Simulator A.K.A. Crazy Cars 2 be ported?   That was one of my favorite games back in the day......

#121 marchizilla OFFLINE  

marchizilla

Space Invader

• 11 posts

Posted Sun Aug 7, 2016 1:09 PM

Can I hope that some of the following Atari ST Games Ported to Jaguar Carts ?

Turrican,

The Great Giana Sisters,

Battle Isle,

Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back,

Silkworm,

Super Cars,

Shadow of the Beast,

Chambers of Shaolin,

Wings of Death,

Nebulus,

Rick Dangerous II,

R-Type 2

and

Lotus Turbo Challenge

?

#122 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,203 posts

Posted Sun Aug 7, 2016 3:57 PM

Do you want fries with that?

#123 Sapicco OFFLINE  

Sapicco

Moonsweeper

• 449 posts

Posted Sun Aug 7, 2016 7:47 PM

I never knew the ST had so many games. What about
NARC
Wacky Races
Thunder cats
Super Cars
Prince of Persia
Ghosts and goblins
Imari warriors
Golden axe
Commando
More sports games

#124 ChaosCX OFFLINE  

ChaosCX

Moonsweeper

• 437 posts
  • "So says Mr. Stewart."

Posted Sun Aug 7, 2016 8:01 PM

Cyrano should start doing commissions, $30/hour for ports, how much would Elvira: The Arcade Game from ST to Jaguar cost me?  Only a couple grand, right? = )

#125 SuperDork3000 OFFLINE  

SuperDork3000

Dragonstomper

• 816 posts

Posted Sun Aug 7, 2016 9:18 PM

Flying Shark! Flying Shark!  ;-)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users