IGNORED

HSC12 Round 21:*Bonus* Catch-Up & Improve! New Games & Updated classics

therealbountybob

For the penultimate round of the season a chance to catch-up on any you have missed, and improve scores for some extra points. EVERYONE WELCOME TO PLAY. Improvements must beat the player above you /next score bracket in the table for a point. If you won the round you can only get a point by beating the HSC record if you failed before. Round finishes Sunday 3rd January 10am UK Time

ONLY the following rounds are allowed. Main games or bonus games, see the links for details and post your scores here. NOTE: Popeye, Donkey Kong Jr and Ramp Rage have improved easier versions to play.

BONUSES For the Christmas bonus game roadrunner picked Merry Christmas Pinball so we'll have another crack at that. Also checkout Fletch's new 8-player-christmas-quiz and you can also have a go on my latest game Gravity, all you do is press fire ;)

Round 1 Jr Pac-Man

Round 2 Gyruss

Round 3 Food Fight

Round 4 Alley Cat

Round 5 Robix

Round 6 Blue Max

Round 8 Ramp Rage - play the final version 1.2 on any skill level. Post scores here!

Round 9 Zeppelin & Embargo

Round 10 The Goonies and Conan: Hall of Volta

Round 12 Pitfall II

Round 13 Diamond Mine (Roklan)

Round 14 Beam Rider & Star Rider

Round 15 Popeye Arcade - play the much improved Version 10

Round 16 Zone Ranger

Round 18 HobGoblin, Ghostly Goblins & Ghastly Night

Round 19 Donkey Kong Jr - latest version #19

Round 20 Whirlinurd

I'll not score for Ramp Rage. McKong and I will battle for 1pt on Popeye & DK Jr ;)

Play Atari

Edited by therealbountybob
DK Jr v19 !!

Final Tables for this round

Gravity (1pt per player)

1st trbb 731 2pts

2nd McKong 569 1pt

Xmas Pinball (1pt for playing, +1pt for top)

1st roadrunner 452,420 2pts

2nd trbb 354,810 1pt

------------------------------------------------------

Season 12 Catch-up & Improve Scores (includes 1pt for playing)

McKong 7pts

Whirlinurd 4 additional screens completed: 4pts

Embargo 2pts

Zone Ranger 0pts (1st point @12,978)

devwebcl 6pts

Embargo 5pts (next point @21,450)

roadrunner 2pt

Jr.Pacman 1pt (next point @ 36,490)

trbb 5pts

Whirlinurd 2 additional screens completed: 2pts

Zeppelin Level 3 completed 2pts

ballyalley 7pts

Whirlinurd 3 additional screens completed: 3pts

Beamrider 2pts (next point at 49,628)

Donkey Kong Jr. 1pt

jblenkle 3pts

Beamrider 2pts (2pts @ at 64,300=HSC record)

trbb vs McKong 1pt battles

DK Jr v12 McKong 212,200 - trbb 90,400 (Level 4) Mckong 1pt

Popeye v10 McKong 65,050 - trbb 95,830 (Round 9) trbb 1pt

----------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Season 12 Standings from Round 20

updated

Gyrus, Alley Cat, Food Fight, Robix and Diamond Mine are definitely off limits to me this round as I put too much effort into them before. All but one of these games I really like but it would involve a lot of effort to improve my score.

Yes it's tough at the top! Remember on Pitfall II we can play the second hidden part using the hack too :)

Link corrected - thanks.

For the penultimate round of the season a chance to catch-up on any you have missed, and improve scores for some extra points.

When we post new scores, do we post them here or in the round in which the game was originally played?

Also, if someone missed a round completely (like I did with Round 20: "Whirlinurd"), then how are points awarded? Would I get full credit for playing a round I missed, or is there some sort of penalty for having not played the game originally during the initial round?

(It's been a nice gameplaying Atari year fdor me-- I think that I only missed the last round this season. My goal was to play every game this year in the HSC... and I might just be able to do it!)

When we post new scores, do we post them here or in the round in which the game was originally played?

Also, if someone missed a round completely (like I did with Round 20: "Whirlinurd"), then how are points awarded? Would I get full credit for playing a round I missed, or is there some sort of penalty for having not played the game originally during the initial round?

(It's been a nice gameplaying Atari year fdor me-- I think that I only missed the last round this season. My goal was to play every game this year in the HSC... and I might just be able to do it!)

:thumbsup:

post scores here please to except for Ramp Rage (v1.2) which has it's own HSC thread. Abuse of power... darn right :-D

Scoring: for missed rounds scoring is typically based on how well you would have done, but no bonus points. For improvements see first post. Whirlinurd and possibly some others were 1pt per level completed, so that is the same. Check each game's round link for the settings and more details [Zeppelin has a lot of points on offer for levels completed] :) The bonus games Xmas pinball and Gravity will probably be 1pt per player per place. The quiz needs paddles but I hope to check it out.

Hope this keeps everyone interested and if you get any friends/family to play you might get some extra points too :)

DK Jnr v10 212200. The snap dragons are less defined in this version which I find makes it more difficult. I'll stick to the original!

Checkout v12 on the thread - has more graphic improvements; hoping you will play test the new version as you're the only one who can get far into the game!

Popeye v10 23330. This version is a big improvement

Damn right it is :thumbsup:

Played Gravity 731 - need to put in some effort to eventually beat level 10 and really get to 15 to see all the bonus screens :-o

569 level 8 on Gravity.

If you're interested I hit an error after entering my initials into the high score table.

This was the second set of initials ('MCM') I was attempting to add to the table.

Error- 139 NAK AT LINE 24020

yes very interested - was this on real hardware? If emulator was it r/w or read only (default)? Either way the trap should catch this so I'll take a look.

Has a go on Ramp Rage and Zeppelin Level 3 just getting familiar with it again. As I type am playing blinking Whirlinurd again; 6men on Level 8... eek!

bl**dy hell I did it - sums the game up perfectly after a zillion goes and thinking level 8 was near impossible I thought I'd screwed it up and landed somewhere that I didn't think I could; then using this, I did the level on my next man (it then locked up!) restarted and reached level 10! (49,950 have screenshots but can't find my adapter to upload them so you'll have to trust me for now!) Level 9 was not too bad but level 10 looks very tricky. So that's +2 for me ;)

Yeah on my 800xl and my SIO2SD

[Gravity] It saved the first score so perhaps something I need to know about. (ok on my 1050.)

Apart from progress on Zeppelin my shortlist of possible improvements is Food Fight, Gyruss, Robix and long shots Zone Ranger and Beam Rider. Had a go on Food Fight but didn't get anywhere, not my favourite game. Remember there are a lot of potential points for Zeppelin - checkout the round for the scoring ;)

Christmas Bonus: Had a go on Merry Christmas Pinball 354,810, like the real thing it went on way too long, made an awful noise and I was glad when it was over! HUMBUG :-D I'm blaming you roadrunner :mad: :twisted: :P So we can now pretend the story for Gravity is... ... You are one of Santa's elves tasked with loading up the presents on the sleigh, if you pile them to the top you get to do the next load. Now to explain the bonus screens :-o

Season 12 Ratings and Records updated

• Like 1

I've been playing Zeppelin level 3 but keep losing too many blimps in the earthquake zone. Also been playing His Dark Majesty again, a truly superb game but too long for regular HSC play.

McKong if you get time can you try this Gravity-1v1-NoSaveHSC.ATR on your SIO2/SD gizmo. I've disabled the high score load and save to see if that helps :thumbsup: