Photo

One vs. Two Piece Parker Brothers Boxes

Parker Brothers Poll Colecovision

6 replies to this topic

Poll: One vs. Two Piece Parker Brothers Boxes (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Parker Brothers box would you rather have?

1. One-Piece Box (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Two-Piece Box (24 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 HawkMines OFFLINE  

HawkMines

Chopper Commander

• 193 posts
  • Someone make Gyruss for the 7800 pls.

Posted Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:06 PM

I was thinking about the Parker Brothers boxes for the Colecovision and I remembered that they released two diferent kinds of boxes. In order to see which box is favored, I've set up this poll, and I'm curious to see which box gets more votes. Note: This poll is just for which box design is better, not for the games released in the boxes. 

If I had to pick one it'd be the Two-Piece boxes, as I think they are more unique.

#2 SiLic0ne t0aD OFFLINE  

SiLic0ne t0aD

River Patroller

• 2,279 posts
  • Rock 'N Roller, Space Patroller

Posted Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:09 PM

I like the 2 piece more than the 1 for sure.. Pretty much every other box was a 1 piece so the 2 piece was certainly much cooler. They're also more durable than the regular boxes

#3 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 15,248 posts

Posted Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:10 PM

Same goes for the other systems. All PB games should have remained the 2 piece deal. Felt gypped the first time (Tutankham for the 2600 I think) I bought a PB game and saw they had chinsed out.  :( 

#4 TPR ONLINE  

TPR

River Patroller

• 2,153 posts

Posted Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:45 PM

They're also more durable than the regular boxes

This!  Those boxes were so strong and well put together.  Look at how many of them have stood the test of time over the years.  You still see plenty of the 2-piece boxes come up on eBay in great condition! 

#5 Mike Harris OFFLINE  

Mike Harris

Star Raider

• 61 posts

Posted Sat Dec 1, 2018 1:27 AM

I know this is an old thread but since when did Parker Brothers ever release a single piece box for Q-Bert on the Colecovision?

I am now finding all these so called NEW and unused cartridges on EBay and they are using single piece reproductions for sure.

Print a box, put in a cartridge from the thrift store and taa daa you just earned $150 for a mint cartridge.

Of course you aren't about to break the seal just to find out there is a copy of Atari 2600 ET inside that might not even work.

Edited by Mike Harris, Sat Dec 1, 2018 1:29 AM.

#6 ColecoDan OFFLINE  

ColecoDan

Stargunner

• 1,832 posts

Posted Sat Dec 1, 2018 2:39 AM

My original Q-Bert is in a one piece box from whenever I got it probably 83 or 84.   So the ones you are looking at could be fake but coleco did create one piece boxes.

#7 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,140 posts

Posted Sat Dec 1, 2018 1:51 PM

Parker Bros. released a number of their games using the 1 piece box. There is no conspiracy and Q*bert is a $15-$20 game in CIB form no matter if it is the 1 or 2 piece style box.

Read thru the CV & Adam Collectors List that is pinned at the top of this forum. That will answer all your questions.
  • TPR likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Parker Brothers, Poll, Colecovision

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users