IGNORED

Which cart shape is your favorite?

fdr4prez

Which cart shape is your favorite?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which cart shape is your favorite?

• Classic Mattel
    • Activision
    • Imagic/Sega
    • Interphase
    • Parker Brothers
    • CBS
    • Coleco
    • Atarisoft
    • LTO

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I like the Interphase cart, too. That is my #2 choice behind Imagic - if only I had allowed people to make multiple picks, but there could be only one favorite :cool:

The design and color both set it apart from the pack, but the Imagic design and the foil labels makes it a bit more sleek and cool looking.

• Like 3

Interphase gets my vote for coolest cart design, I've had Blockade Runner for years and always like how the cart looked with the Red and handle. Activision and Imagic are nice designs too. :cool:

I actually don't care for the original Mattel carts, they don't stack all that well..

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 1

It's a bummer we can't vote for multiple versions or rank them somehow.

I'm clearly predisposed to my own LTO shells.

1. The Mattel shells hold a certain charm, but they don't really allow for much creativity on the labels. Also, there's not a lot of room inside (which matters to me, for some reason ;) )
  2. The Activision shells are pretty nice, although, their tapered end is a compromise over having a label that folds over the end. Of the original shells, these are probably my favorite.
  3. The Imagic foil-labeled cars are really sharp; however the handle/grip at the end doesn't really work for me, and the part of the label that goes into the short 'lip-over' area often ends up coming unglued, sticking out.
  4. The Interphase shells are definitely unique. I think their handle is an interesting idea. I give them props for their design.
  5. The Coleco shells are boxy but functional. Plenty roomy inside. Plain, but allow for a nice, large label area. And weren't the SEGA carts the same shell? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
  6. The Parker Bros. shells are sharp. It's almost if they took some design cues from the stealth bomber or something. They're right up there with the Activision shells for me in aesthetics. The Activision shells are more functional, though, with those grips on the side.
  7. Atarisoft: I have to admit, I had to go look up what these looked like. They're that boring. :P That's a missed opportunity. The Atarisoft carts for the TI-99/4A were actually pretty slick, shape-wise at least. The shape at least seems inspired by the Atari logo itself.