IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

oh yes, for real right now nobody should support GameGavel or RETRO magazine at all, the scam MK tried to pull is beyond absurd. As much as Mike is not a tech guy come on, you cant see the cart wont connect to that board at all? "Hey Li? i keep putting the cart in but nothing happens, what do i do now?"

This proves Mike is no victim, he is no victim of the evil tech guys mafia, he cant be that fool (avoiding using more offensive words here) to ignore that was fake right? Since well he staged those photos. What would be the next lie from Mike? "oh well i never had this prototype, all these photos was mailed to me by Li, omg he tricked me, there was no leprechaun inside!"

Haters gonna hate. Remember, don't sweat the small stuff (it's all small stuff). When you point one finger, three fingers are pointing back at you. We must ignore bad behavior if we want to stay positive. Pretend it didn't happen and everything will be ice cream sprinkles and unicorn rainbow glitter farts. Is the glass half full or half empty? I say it's half fabulous!

• Like 1

It may happen that the facebook and website go down, maybe River West finds out that they were taken for a ride and that the "haters and trolls" were their best friends. But I think it may be premature to call this the end of the story, this is a cockroach zombie that just keeps coming back to life. We may yet see a new name and new guts and another go-around.

• Like 9

This thread is now at 225K+ views, the old one at 281K+ (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235430-how-has-this-not-been-posted-yet-retro-vgs/) , that's a total of 500K+.

And all for naught. What a waste. And all of it started like 1Y ago (the old thread is dated Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:46 PM).

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Like 3

It may happen that the facebook and website go down, maybe River West finds out that they were taken for a ride and that the "haters and trolls" were their best friends. But I think it may be premature to call this the end of the story, this is a cockroach zombie that just keeps coming back to life. We may yet see a new name and new guts and another go-around.

And by guts you mean shit, because at this point that's all there is to it, utter crap and the "mouthpiece" bullshit.

And all for naught. What a waste.

Why? These threads have been wonderfully entertaining, and more importantly, they succeeded in unmasking and driving out a shady salesman who might otherwise have walked off with a lot of unsuspecting peoples' money. If we (and others) hadn't been here to thwart the RVGS/Chameleon at every step, who knows how far they might have gone in giving the whole community a bad name.

• Like 11

I didn't even see the DVR card reveal when I started my previous post. Holy hell.

He's not even a *good* scammer. A good scammer would have spent $90 on an FPGA dev board and stuck that in. It too would have been quickly identified but at least would have fit the "narrative".

• Like 17

I didn't even see the DVR card reveal when I started my previous post. Holy hell.

He's not even a *good* scammer. A good scammer would have spent $90 on an FPGA dev board and stuck that in. It too would have been quickly identified but at least would have fit the "narrative".

This is part of the reason people are so enamored with this. It's like he's not even trying and thinks people will never figure out his bullshit. It makes for good entertainment and speculation. He knew people would be looking over that board and trying to identify it and still he didn't even put at least what would be necessary equipment for his potential console.

It truly has to be seen to believe.

• Like 2

Gotta say, Mike called me a couple years back asking if I wanted to be involved and it was tough finding a nice way to say "no thanks" when I was really thinking "this is pretty pointless and dumb" I especially hated the Jaguar case and the carts, called them a "poisoned chalice" if I recall.

So it's very fascinating to see what came of this and to be glad I wasn't involved.

• Like 17

But man I come to the thread and there are like 3-5 pages of jokes, memes, videos, and conspiracy theory posts, and quite frankly I don't have the time to read through them.

TBF, this thread is for speculation of what the hardware would be. Nobody imagined there would be 150-pages worth of mileage in that, especially by now :0)

Don't blame anyone for not keeping up with the thread, I found it difficult myself, as the lady says... "ain't nobody got time for that".

As for the memes and stuff, Internet gonna Internet. I don't blame people for having fun with it - a single image can sometimes wrap up a whole multi-paragraph wall-of-text into something digestible in seconds. But yeah, sometimes they can just be a waste of bandwidth, as can multi-paragraph walls-of-text ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I should get someone to write an algorithm for this thread to find post worth checking out or answering to. Some of the members bring worth reading and replying-to posts; some not.

After a little while it doesn't take long to get a feel for the contributors; seeing a certain avatar on the left can give the go-ahead for either a very quick scan or a complete skip.

If you were offended by my post, apologies. I suppose I was a little snarky with the blog comment, your posts have been valuable, but like you say it's not easy to keep up at times and I found I learned a lot more about your vacation to NY than MK and his chameleon :lolblue: But I did learn a few things, and for that I am thankful. :thumbsup:

I was working, but now I have to level about 45sqft of dirt on my front yard. Got to take off about 2 inches of dirt and dumping them on the backyard to level it out too.

TVu6wtH.gif

:P

On a serious note, Piko's revalation really explains a lot. Mike is really being used as a pawn in this game. It seems he's ignorant of what is going on behind the scenes, and being used by people further up the chain who have so far not revealed themselves or their intentions. It almost makes me feel bad for Mike being used as a scapegoat or public face rather than trying to actually scam the community himself.

I'd be very careful with that line of thinking... I'm not at all sure that this blissful ignorance/being taken advantage of tack hasn't been used at least a dozen times since this whole saga began. For me, MK gets no sympathy here until we have way more to work with than a single post highlighting his lack of understanding. He's the guy at the front of all this, he's the one making it happen. The whole RVGS/CC saga has not been fuelled by one man's ignorance and a series of evil, exploitative "hardware guys, not ready to buy that just yet. Lets not forget the kinds of posts that show how MK has squeezed what he can from his happy band of helpers before quietly brushing them aside when it looks like the grass is greener elsewhere or some other $green$ motivator.

• Like 1