Photo

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

11781 replies to this topic

#11776 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 10,719 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 6:21 AM

Let's face it, he will never just go away. We feel like we stepped in a pile of dog shit; we hosed it off our boots and off the front porch steps, but the smell never fully goes away. We occasionally find a few shit stains that somehow got onto the carpet and are constantly reminded of that original pile of dog shit, and perpetually worried that a new pile of dog shit will pop up in our path when we least expect it. Those of us foolhardy enough to originally think the pile of dog shit was tasty chocolate pudding continue to deal with the aftertaste.

Following up a year later ...it worked! He just went away. The spirit of the Chameleon kinda-sorta lives on in the AtariBox, which has gone silent but has failed to deliver the good clean stupid fun of this endless thread.

#11777 SoulBlazer OFFLINE  

SoulBlazer

Quadrunner

• 5,214 posts

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 6:50 AM

Not really much of a choice but to lay low and hope people forget. His name is very much persona non grata now.  Which is a shame, I've said it before, but I really liked him on podcasts and miss that.

#11778 godslabrat OFFLINE  

godslabrat

River Patroller

• 4,434 posts
  • I took the midnight train going a-ny-where...

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 11:56 AM

Not really much of a choice but to lay low and hope people forget. His name is very much persona non grata now.  

Mike stuck around as long as he had some trinkets of the Retro empire at his disposal.  We were never rid of him while he could still trot out his magazine, or his storefront, or his auction house.  When those were sold off, Mike's relevance (such as it was) went with it.  I know he was supposedly a great guy BITD, but anything we've seen of him in the past few years has been a guy who only cares about the parts of the hobby he can monetize.

.  Which is a shame, I've said it before, but I really liked him on podcasts and miss that.

I really liked the comedy stylings of Bill Cosby, but I'd be lying if I said I could watch them and enjoy it just as much.  

#11779 Pipercub OFFLINE  

Pipercub

Moonsweeper

• 290 posts

Posted Tue Jan 9, 2018 2:21 PM

Mike stuck around as long as he had some trinkets of the Retro empire at his disposal.  We were never rid of him while he could still trot out his magazine, or his storefront, or his auction house.  When those were sold off, Mike's relevance (such as it was) went with it.  I know he was supposedly a great guy BITD, but anything we've seen of him in the past few years has been a guy who only cares about the parts of the hobby he can monetize.

I really liked the comedy stylings of Bill Cosby, but I'd be lying if I said I could watch them and enjoy it just as much.  

I'd sooner trust a grinning Bill Cosby offering me a drink than a Kennedy with a business pitch.

#11780 S1500 ONLINE  

S1500

River Patroller

• 4,594 posts

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:19 AM

Just as I predicted, that Stop, Drop & um, who? wait, uh,..

j/k

#11781 godslabrat OFFLINE  

godslabrat

River Patroller

• 4,434 posts
  • I took the midnight train going a-ny-where...

Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:32 PM

He's baaaaaack....

http://atariage.com/...s-25-clearance/

#11782 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Quadrunner

• 17,136 posts

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:06 AM

Oh for fucks sake :roll: :x

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By Serguei2 in Robin Gravel's Blog, on Tue Mar 8, 2016 9:32 PM

If only Coleco Chameleon was true, I would buy it

Unfortunately, it's seem it's a prank after all.

Source: Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

Read Full Entry and Comments →

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users