IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I WANNA BE LIKE MIKE!

What I'm saying is a meme needs to be made of this. I don't have mad skillz. :(

All you need to do is add an M:

google.com/search?q=i+like+ike&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch

This is a good one:

google.com/search?q=i+like+ike&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch#imgrc=hovnJPjDaH7wEM%3A

• Like 1

Wow! $300,000 raised in 3 days on IndieGoGo for the handheld Speccy (200% of the goal) ...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-sinclair-zx-spectrum-vega-plus-console

Mike's jealousy will drive him straight to the bottle when he hears about it!

Having Sir Clive Sinclair himself as part of the team helps I think. I'm very interested in this, but I'm waiting to see if the exchange rate will come down before I support the project. I might even wait until it actually comes to market at the end of the year.

• Like 1

Pffft no cartridges. ;)

I'd like to see one in person, the quality of the LCD screen makes or breaks handheld systems, in my personal tastes...

The Spectrum used cassette tapes. I sure hope no one wants to bring that crap back.

There are lots of ways to play Spectrum games on a handheld. For £99, the screen on this had better be something special.

Since I'm an American, I have no particular nostalgia for Speccy stuff. The Spectaculator emulator is more than enough for me.

• Like 1

Cross post from the other Caleco Chameleon topic. I just want people to see this and I won't be posting it again:

I've been pestering them across Twitter and Coleco Holdings, the rights distributor for the Coleco name, have completely denied Pat and Ian's claims. I am not saying that I believe Coleco Holdings, but they need to comment and show otherwise. I made this account so people could see it.

The tweet where they deny it: https://twitter.com/colecovision_/status/700438168353509376

• Like 2

Cross post from the other Caleco Chameleon topic. I just want people to see this and I won't be posting it again:

I've been pestering them across Twitter and Coleco Holdings, the rights distributor for the Coleco name, have completely denied Pat and Ian's claims. I am not saying that I believe Coleco Holdings, but they need to comment and show otherwise. I made this account so people could see it.

The tweet where they deny it: https://twitter.com/colecovision_/status/700438168353509376

Easy to prove. Ask them to open the jag's shell and show the board that uses the snes av and ac.... and cart slot.... and snes controllers..... and sd cart loader... and.. and... and...

• Like 7

Cassettes are cool, I just re

The Spectrum used cassette tapes. I sure hope no one wants to bring that crap back.

There are lots of ways to play Spectrum games on a handheld. For £99, the screen on this had better be something special.

Since I'm an American, I have no particular nostalgia for Speccy stuff. The Spectaculator emulator is more than enough for me.

Cassettes are cool, just restored an 82 Brat and part of that was the original cassette deck, I had long since gotten rid of all my cassettes so I bought box of 70's-80s metal and Jimmu Buffett on ebay and its just fun. Check out this guy's channel, he reviews vintage audio gear and other stuff, but check this video out about cassettes:

• Like 4

They can deny all they want, but the evidence is pretty damning, and they haven't offered anything substantive in response. "Stay tuned for more news!" is not a convincing counterargument; it's holding your hands over your ears and saying "I can't hear you! La-la-la-la-la-la-la!!!!".

• Like 9

They can deny all they want, but the evidence is pretty damning, and they haven't offered anything substantive in response. "Stay tuned for more news!" is not a convincing counterargument; it's holding your hands over your ears and saying "I can't hear you! La-la-la-la-la-la-la!!!!".

I am just miffed that they are now also complicit in the fraud. :-/ The honest thing would be to investigate it and/or show people the accusations are unfounded.

• Like 4

I suppose that should somehow impress me... but as far as I know, "Coleco Holdings" is just another guy in a garage somewhere, with too much money to spend, and too much time on his hands.

• Like 1

Dare them not to delete it while you're at it. Can't stop the signal.

"Your information is inaccurate" is insufficient proof, and "just wait for the Kickstarter" is no better than "your check is in the mail."

They need to step it up if they are to be taken seriously. They have less than zero credibility.

• Like 8

Dare them not to delete it while you're at it. Can't stop the signal.

"Your information is inaccurate" is insufficient proof, and "just wait for the Kickstarter" is no better than "your check is in the mail."

They need to step it up if they are to be taken seriously. They have less than zero credibility.

Fortunately they can't delete your tweets; the most they can do is block you but you can still see their feed and respond to their tweets. They did delete my comments and blocked me from posting on their page on Facebook, however. Edited by DerekRumpler
  • Like 1

Riverwest Brands (Coleco Holdings) is basically a marketing company that sells its brand for subpar emulation machine Coleco Flashback/ Coleco Sonic

Doubt they would care if there is a SNES under the casing, or know what a SNES is

I'll just leave this here...

That's great! I think I like it even better than my Aquarius Alpaca prototype.

EDIT: Wow, did I just see the same loose RGB converter board that John Carlsen had sitting next to the power supply on his kitchen table workbench?! Very impressive attention to detail!

(reuploading one sec)

Well, that's a relief! When I saw that the video had disappeared, I was afraid at first that Mike Kennedy had it taken down!

• Like 4

Riverwest Brands (Coleco Holdings) is basically a marketing company that sells its brand for subpar emulation machine Coleco Flashback/ Coleco Sonic

Doubt they would care if there is a SNES under the casing, or know what a SNES is

They probably don't know, but you'd think that they would care that a brand that they own is being drug through the mud.

This is the tweet they chose to respond to and it was directed at RetroVGS/Coleco Chameleon. I sent a neutral tweet directed at them that they chose to ignore.

That's great! I think I like it even better than my Aquarius Alpaca prototype.

EDIT: Wow, did I just see the same loose RGB converter board that John Carlsen had sitting next to the power supply on his kitchen table workbench?! Very impressive attention to detail!

Well, that's a relief! When I saw that the video had disappeared, I was afraid at first that Mike Kennedy had it taken down!

Ha! Maybe, that's just coincidence. It's a useful little device for repairing arcade boards. You might also see my custom JAMMA tester beside it.

• Like 1