Getting a bit annoyed by the bad situation with lynx emulators I started to patch and back port things to the handy original code.
Bad situation in the sense that it is nearly impossible to get bug-fixes or additional features into (mostly closed source) emulator code.
Nevertheless, all emulator code is derived from the original handy code, but in some emulators a lot of code changes have been applied.
But the original code is abandoned. And this is what I would like to change!
Now I have the hope that, IF we have a central place for the base code, we can advertise it and patches from there find their way to the respective emulators.
The following things are planned or already done:
* Full stereo 16 bit support (10 bit significant)
* Attenuation support (Lynx 2)
* Using second strobe as read on second bank (messed up completely in emulation)
* Use of AUDIN to switch banks (like in Alpine Games)
* lnx format extension to support AUDIN banking
* Using AUDIN + second strobe for read/write to EEPROM (save game)
* TWI EEPROMs (BLL save features)
* Everon bug-fix
* Split code base into "core" and "gui", remove windows dependencies from core
* Compile an up-to-date windows handy version
Repository will most likely be placed at github.
Comments and suggestions?