IGNORED

Just created this beauty...

Irgendwer

I like the fact it has a "STRG" key, which presumably does the same thing as the fire button on a joystick controller.

He he, yes, that is a compromise. As you may have noticed, this is a German keyboard. "Control" is "Steuerung" in German and abbreviated with "STRG" which matches quite nicely your interpretation.

Due to various reasons I intentionally left this in German.

I designed 106 plastic film stickers which got a matte, transparent adhesive tape coating, cut those and stick them to a (new) plain caps keyboard. No black magic here. Could even do a small run of them, but doubt it will worth the efforts.

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 2

I'm intetested, if an English version if available.

That is the problem: All potential users have to reach an agreement to target one (or if there are many requests - two) base keyboard model with plain caps.

Should I supply the base keyboards (with high shipping costs to oversea) or just the stickers for a complete do-it-yourself process? (I like to avoid that I have to stick the caps for everybody on my own anyway.)

Then: Are all customers content with the layout, or would some like the Atari control characters on the caps (like here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/205431-cks12-make-yourself-a-christmas-present/) ? Is the font OK, or would some prefer "Hammer Fat" (the Atari-font)?

(Due to copyright reasons is the key with Atari logo for customers out of questions - what would be a good substitute?)

And finally how much do you like to spend? (Count with about € 25,- for the stickers only + P&P - anybody still interested?)

Edited by Irgendwer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested, too. :)

Ok, here the plan for international interested parties: Since parcel shipping cost for a private person from Germany is quite high, please order directly the blank keyboard here:

http://amzn.com/B013UUTTLM

(thanks jvas for the .com link)

Edit: Seems you get the same model with mouse to the same price:

http://amzn.com/B014T2UJ1O

(if you don't want the water resistant silicon rubber cover from the first link:

post-7778-0-20665800-1453749571_thumb.jpg

)

Then drop me a PM to receive instructions to order the stickers. Price: € 25,- (shipping inclusive).

Cut or grind the markers on the F,J and 5 (numeric section) key away and have fun applying the stickers - the material is relative forgiving regarding a second or even third try if the first positioning try doesn't match.

Edited by Irgendwer
  • Like 2

• 5 years later...
On 1/30/2016 at 12:36 PM, Irgendwer said:

Just for completeness, here the German version with separate cursor block (had some requests), even if I think the more dense layout of the other version matches the style better.

post-7778-0-70498000-1454178932_thumb.jpg

I have my own flat-keyed keyboard very similar to the one you pictured here, and I'd love a do-it-yourself kit for it(I'll repaint the base myself to match as well). And German or English is perfectly fine with me.

And, I just realized this was another old-bump thread...so probably never mind. I really have to pay attention to dates more on these threads!:roll: Oh well, still posting just in case there's an outside chance. Apparently this thread was first started just before I pulled my 8-bit stuff out of storage and got back into it all after a 4-year hiatus.?

20210208_130208.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

1 hour ago, spamh8r said:

I know this is terribly old- but am hoping you still offer or can get these. Sent a PM.

I have a single Do-It-Yourself kit left with a German keyboard, like shown in the first post.

Problem is, that even if I would create new stickers (which is totally out of question, while I have currently no time), that the dimension of keys vary to much to offer something "generic" that would look good.

Creating matching stickers would only make sense if more than, lets say, 10 users would agree on a single type of keyboard.

55 minutes ago, Irgendwer said:

Creating matching stickers would only make sense if more than, lets say, 10 users would agree on a single type of keyboard.

Thanks, I certainly imagine that it was a lot of work. I posted an image of the Niyari keyboard on the FB page asking if anyone had picked one up at the time and it generated some excitement, so I thought I'd look over here and found your post.

I also found this:  https://keyshorts.com/ and thought it might be worth looking at creating something there.