IGNORED

If the TI-99/4A was an Atari 800XL

PeBo

Last year, when I rekindled my 99 affections, it was a really pleasant surprise to discover that 3 of my favorite 8-bit era games had indeed been ported to the TI (Jumpman, Bounty
Bob and Lode Runner(albeit a clone rather than a port). I don't think these were ever released North of 49 back in the day, but even if they were, I didn't come to learn of their existence until 2015.

With Parker Brothers, Atarisoft and DBT, many popular 8-bit era titles made the cross-over from Atari to TI, but are there gaping holes you wish would have been filled along the way?

So my question is:

Choosing from oiginal era Atari 8-bit games (NOT ports of arcade titles) which three would you call the most « missing » from the TI game library

My personal #1 would be Galaxian, but that was an arcade game, so my top 3...

wish%2Blist.jpg

(3 was a toss up between Spelunker and Montezuma Revenge, but in a play-off this week-end among friends, Montezuma won out by a narrow margin, so it made it to my TI wish list)

Xevious, Joust, Zaxxon.

I cannot follow instructions -- you said no arcade ports.

How about Little Computer People, and Flight Simulator II. I believe that is the extent of my Atari 8-bit knowledge. (Unless Leisure Suit Larry was released on the Atari :))

• Like 1

Well-you asked for it,

Rescue on Fractalus

The Eidolon

Jet boot Jack

M.U.L.E

Boulder Dash

Caverns of Mars

Bruce Lee

Blue Max

The Goonies

Solo Flight

Koronis Rift

Silent Service

Solo Flight

Warhawk

Elektraglide

The Great American Cross Country Road Race

Come on!!!, how in the name of hell can you expect anyone to pick just three, this is the 800XL we are talking about (my second wife after the 4a divorce).

• Like 3

LCC did the European release (for the Mini Memory) and Asgard did the US release (for the E/A), schmitzi.

ah OK, so I have one more now (the Asgard´s) :) thx.

But I have "Pilgrim’s Pride License" as remark/hint there on the existing LCC/MM-variant,

and this maybe comes from an error when duplicating an existing line (DBT´s Star Runner) for the new entry (LCC/MM-variant)

Or are this 2 "Rock Runners" AND the "DBT´s Star Runner" concerned to that PrideLicense, too ?

The LCC MM-Version was called Boulder Dash

The Asgard EA-Version was called Rock Runner

They are both the same program other than the names and the loaders, however.

The DBT Star Runner cartridge is completely different.

None of them have any connection to Pilgrim's Pride. The only Pilgrim's Pride cartridge I've seen was their 6000+ module (an 8K Supercart).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So many holes to fill - so little time, but here are some that I would still play today:

Montezuma's Revenge

David's Midnight Magic

Pinball Construction Set

Conan

Caterpiggle

Ghostbusters

Spelunker

Star League Baseball

Diamond Mine

One-on-One (would have liked to have seen BITD, but probably wouldn't play it today).

…to name just a few not already mentioned, besides Montezuma's Revenge. :)