IGNORED

Missing Arcade-Classics on the 7800

Mister-VCS

or the Kids Controller.

I'm surprised nobody is buying them up, painting them black, rewiring, and claiming they were part of a limited production run of the unreleased 5200 version.

Oh sure, even the Keyboard Controller could work too. Mostly mentioned the Video Touch Pad because I've managed to collect 2 already without even trying that hard. That mod you mention sounds cool, the blue is nice but it doesn't really match anything else.

Everyone always tells me I should learn to solder....you guys should get in a woodshop. ;-)

ac818e1f-7c79-4956-9c41-ff6b1e1d31dc.jpg

That looks really nice, sweet paint job too.

On the plastic ones, some retro supplies company needs to just mass produce some new couplers. I'd actually like to see an option to attach other controllers like paddles or a keypad cradle for applicable games.

• Like 1

That looks really nice, sweet paint job too.

On the plastic ones, some retro supplies company needs to just mass produce some new couplers. I'd actually like to see an option to attach other controllers like paddles or a keypad cradle for applicable games.

It's not easy nor is it cheap. Hell, getting a decent 3D scan of such a coupler isn't cheap either. I know, I looked into it.

It's not easy nor is it cheap. Hell, getting a decent 3D scan of such a coupler isn't cheap either. I know, I looked into it.

Yeah none of that stuff is very cheap yet, cheaper but not quite the future now lol. At the very least it's a simplistic hunk of plastic that doesn't need many screws or any electronics like a cartridge or gamepad shell needs which is something I've been trying to do for a while.

You mention a 3D scan, are you talking about the original one replicated? I was thinking more like a universal coupler that all the stock 2600, 5200, and 7800 controllers could lock into. It's more complicated to design but the overhead could be lessened by all Atari console owners buying them rather then only 7800 owners.

Definitely needs crowdsourcing to get the ball rolling on it as you got to be pretty rich to pay for a proper plastic mold. Even then a really good initial design has to be made first otherwise it's just vaporware/start-up nonsense.

Yeah none of that stuff is very cheap yet, cheaper but not quite the future now lol. At the very least it's a simplistic hunk of plastic that doesn't need many screws or any electronics like a cartridge or gamepad shell needs which is something I've been trying to do for a while.

You mention a 3D scan, are you talking about the original one replicated? I was thinking more like a universal coupler that all the stock 2600, 5200, and 7800 controllers could lock into. It's more complicated to design but the overhead could be lessened by all Atari console owners buying them rather then only 7800 owners.

Definitely needs crowdsourcing to get the ball rolling on it as you got to be pretty rich to pay for a proper plastic mold. Even then a really good initial design has to be made first otherwise it's just vaporware/start-up nonsense.

Yep. It's cheap to 3D print but it isn't cheap to get 3D scans.

Yes, my intention was scanning the original 7800 ProLine Joystick Coupler but commercial scanning was too expensive for my personal budget.

The shitty 3D scan I did with Skanect I posted…there's a link to it in the Trak-Bombers group on Facebook. There's a bunch of holes in the scan but someone got with the Mesh program could probably fill them in more competently than I did. Actually, I take that back…Skanect failed. The 3D scan that's posted was a composite using AutoDesk's 3D scanning software which requires you to take 80 or so individual pics via iPhone and then upload it to their server to piece together.

Edited by Lynxpro

Have to echo Elevator Action! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Titlescreen

attachicon.gifElevator Action Arcade Titlescreen - 7800 Conversion.PNG

Sprites

attachicon.gifElevator Action Arcade Sprites - 7800 Conversion.PNG

illya

It's indeed missing… But it was supposedly made back in 1984 by either GCC or Atari. It's missing along with the 5200 version. I was hoping Glenn the 5200 Man was going to reveal he had the 7800 version but he's disappeared off the radar since his Antic Podcast interview in which he stated he had a bunch of unreleased 7800 games...

• Like 1

I was hoping Glenn the 5200 Man was going to reveal he had the 7800 version but he's disappeared off the radar since his Antic Podcast interview in which he stated he had a bunch of unreleased 7800 games...

He's hiding with Krewat and the California Games proto; the Paperboy source code owners; and the Toki source code owners. ;-)

• Like 1

Oh hell yes! I'm always playing the Mame,5200, and Coleco versions

( and they rock hard) but the 7800 needs a game like this. I'd imagine the hardware could do the scrolling backgrounds well plus more color detail in the game sprites. I'd more than likely buy one of those super 78 arcade sticks from Ed Laddin for this game. Hope we have someone home brew a game like this someday. ;) :thumbsup:

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol
  • Like 1

I realize most are shooters but that pretty much defines early 8 bit gaming in my eyes.

Phoenix

Moon Patrol

Zaxxon

Turbo

10 Yard Fight

Elevator Action Returns

E-Swat

Gorf

OutRun

Popeye

Salamander

Contra

Star Trek

Star Wars Arcade

Sub Rock

Wizard Of War

Tempest

Time Pilot

Exerion

Hang On

Gradius

Gyruss

Phoenix

Moon Patrol

Gaplus

Time Pilot

Black Widow

Mappy

Mr. Do!

Venture

Gyruss is a must! I'd love to see any of these games on the 7800, but if I had to pick one, it'd be Gyruss. After all, what can you expect from the guy who started this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/246255-gyruss-for-the-atari-7800/

Edited by HawkMines
  • Like 3