IGNORED

Modded Atari with Enko Composite to HDMI

thetallguy24

Before anybody starts trolling about using CRTs over PC monitors, I just want to know if anyone on here has used a modded Atari with the Enko Composite to HDMI converter or something similar and had it work on a modern LCD/LED PC Monitor.

I need to record some gameplay, so its important that I can use a PC Monitor. What I have currently is an ASUS VE247H. I know the converter works with my SNES and Sega Model 1 (but only with the 32X hooked up to it). I do not have a modded Atari though, and was wanting to know if I got mine modded, if it would work as well.

Convert your Atari's RF to composite (old VCR or TV tuner) and pipe it into this capture card: http://www.thethrillness.com/2014/01/micomsoft-sc-512n1-ldvi-capture-card.html

It's a bit of an upfront investment but this capture card will give you everything you need to play and capture any console on a PC monitor with a lag so low it's basically imperceptible.

I actually split my signal and play on a CRT while streaming and capture on a computer, if you want to take it one step further. For that you need this (don't settle for less or you'll be sorry) http://www.amazon.com/1x2-Composite-Splitter-Distribution-Amplifier/dp/B003D0FC52

EDIT: No conversion method is going to get rid of RF interference, the best you can do is make sure your conversion to composite is through a nice comb filter. I personally use a high end Sony TV tuner from the 80s ($10 on eBay). If you want the signal to look cleaner than stock RF, you're going to have to do the RGB mod or something. But I personally think Atari looks wrong without noise.

Edited by TheRedEye