IGNORED

Dungeon Stalker

Xgames

So i been buying some Homebrew games for the Atari and i have to say i was really took in by Dungeon Stalker at first glance it seemed like it would be kinda of easy.But even on novice skill lvls it is geared up.Enemies move fast which keeps you on your toe's and haveing to fight a boss at the end of each lvl makes it pretty nice as there arent many games like that on the 7800.In any event gratz to the author and creators of the game.I love the basic story line the graphics and all fit so well with it my first game i made it to lvl 4 check out the pic with the score on it not to bad for the first strike at it. What does everyone else think of this game?

post-44754-0-82238300-1452404838_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I think it's a great game, similar to Dark Cavern on the 2600, but with more obstacles and critters to overcome.

By the way, we're playing it right now in the 7800 High Score Club, so join the fun. All you need to do is post a picture or screenshot of your score. Here's the link.....

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247686-7800-hsc-season-8-game-6-dungeon-stalker/?do=findComment&comment=3411405

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I found on easy setting the avox only works for a couple levels then goes silent. Dying and restarting game avox does not work only way is to shut off and repower 7800. It bug is totally dependant on level progression. I got to 40800 on easy. Would never be a fault on higher levels of difficulty because I would never last that long.

Tried it many times today got well over 40k of standard and 65k on novice.

And the voice only works for awhile then quits on all difficulties anyone else notice the same thing? Is something wrong with my setup or people only played this game for 4 minutes and never have any problems. I can hear the three tones of the atarivox happen during a boss fight then never any more speech. When I am game over the high score table works and saves to the atarivox tho..

Jinks - a small work-around is to pause the game when you notice the 3-tone Vox reboot sound (which kills the voice); then unplug the vox from port2 and re-plug it in. It'll work from there. Its a bit inconvenient but no big deal to me, still a fun game.

Thanks for the tip! Will try that!

Jinks - a small work-around is to pause the game when you notice the 3-tone Vox reboot sound (which kills the voice); then unplug the vox from port2 and re-plug it in. It'll work from there. Its a bit inconvenient but no big deal to me, still a fun game.

I was just looking for and found the other instance of someone reporting something similar to Jinks and found it; thank you, Cafeman, for the post(s) and troubleshooting (both then and now). Curious too, if you happen to know your console's serial number to see if it is one of the later models manufactured as well.

EDIT: Here's somewhat of a long-shot, leveraging this thread...Do either of you own a 2600 Harmony Cart? If yes, can you please try playing the Super Charger version of Frogger to see if it will run on the same 7800 console having issues with the AtariVox and Dungeon Stalker. Trying to see if a (compatibility) pattern will emerge. It may be more coincidental than anything else, then again, maybe not.

I was just looking for and found the other instance of someone reporting something similar to Jinks and found it; thank you, Cafeman, for the post(s) and troubleshooting (both then and now). Curious too, if you happen to know your console's serial number to see if it is one of the later models manufactured as well.

EDIT: Here's somewhat of a long-shot, leveraging this thread...Do either of you own a 2600 Harmony Cart? If yes, can you please try playing the Super Charger version of Frogger to see if it will run on the same 7800 console having issues with the AtariVox and Dungeon Stalker. Trying to see if a (compatibility) pattern will emerge. It may be more coincidental than anything else, then again, maybe not.

Hmm. I haven't experienced the voice issue with 7800. I also don't have any issues playing my Harmony/Super Changer version of Frogger on my 7800.

My 7800 S/N is A1 88 5456395. -- No expansion port.

• Like 1

I can not try a harmony as I don't have one waiting for a 7800 sd cart to come out. Mine does not play robot tank etc.

I only have 2 small gripes about this game.

1. if a spider makes a web on the bottom row you can never get rid of it.

2. if you get shot in your bunker it is game over as the monsters will shoot you when you respawn till you have no lives.

One of the things that is great is how the monsters spawn after killing them they never respawn to give you a cheap death.

I got to 75k today.

Hopefully some relief on the gripes:

1. You can shoot the webs on the bottom row by walking up to them and shooting downwards.

2. You're invisible to the monsters for 3 seconds after being reborn. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it should be enough time for the monsters to clear out.

My console is a a1 5166421

No exp port.

Hmm. I haven't experienced the voice issue with 7800. I also don't have any issues playing my Harmony/Super Changer version of Frogger on my 7800.

My 7800 S/N is A1 88 5456395. -- No expansion port.

So much for a clear-cut scenario. Regardless, thank you both. :)