IGNORED

Opcode prototypes up for grabs. Only 5 copies

opcode

Well, this was something we were forced to do due to cash flow. Truth is, I don't like doing protos either. That is why in the future if we need to do that again, we will offer the games through Opcode Club, but at a much larger run.

I like the idea of doing them through Opcode Club a lot!

Question for you Eduardo - is there anything stopping you from doing another run of the same games? I know you did "1 of 5" and they are limited, but is it just the exclusivity that makes it so you can't do anymore? I only ask because I got in Track & Field 2 today that I bought from Luc and it's a REALLY GOOD game! Would be cool to see that come out via Opcode Club even limited or another run of "Prototype Lab" carts.

I know i for one, even though I'm "one of five" owners wouldn't be upset if you decided to make 5 more.

Just curious... Thanks again for everything you guys do!

• Like 3

I like the idea of doing them through Opcode Club a lot!

Question for you Eduardo - is there anything stopping you from doing another run of the same games? I know you did "1 of 5" and they are limited, but is it just the exclusivity that makes it so you can't do anymore? I only ask because I got in Track & Field 2 today that I bought from Luc and it's a REALLY GOOD game! Would be cool to see that come out via Opcode Club even limited or another run of "Prototype Lab" carts.

I know i for one, even though I'm "one of five" owners wouldn't be upset if you decided to make 5 more.

Just curious... Thanks again for everything you guys do!

or possibly a rom release

• Like 2

Well, this was something we were forced to do due to cash flow. Truth is, I don't like doing protos either. That is why in the future if we need to do that again, we will offer the games through Opcode Club, but at a much larger run.

Does opcode club mean facebook or the people on your newsletter? Remember a lot of us didn't have facebook.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a chance of dumping the cart and releasing to the wild?

Just as a warning here - I don't think it's best practice to suggest pirating homebrew games. A lot of work went into porting that to another system to make it compatible with the ColecoVision and if the publisher would like to either give the game a wider release or make the ROM available themselves, that's one thing. Asking for someone to dump it for you is not something we can condone. Please refrain from this sort of post or request in the future. Thank you.

EDIT: I realize now you may have been asking Opcode to release the ROM and not the guy above you. Either way, when a homebrewer is ready for a wider release, they will do so. Patience is everything! :)

Just as a warning here - I don't think it's best practice to suggest pirating homebrew games. A lot of work went into porting that to another system to make it compatible with the ColecoVision and if the publisher would like to either give the game a wider release or make them ROM available themselves, that's one thing. Asking for someone to dump it for you is not something wen can condone. Please refrain from this sort of post or request in the future. Thank you.

EDIT: I realize now you may have been asking Opcode to release the ROM and not the guy above you. Either way, when a homebrewer is ready for a wider release, they will do so. Patience is everything! :)

Sigh, oh brother. Was it a long fall from your soapbox?

I understand. I was joking. Besides I was not asking anyone to dump any ROMS. I was hoping the author might either sell the ROMS or release them to the community. Nothing naphiarous. [emoji64]

Right. But I hope you can see where that wasn't clear and I even edited my post to explain that. The obnoxious comment in return wasn't necessary. In fact, you could have just said what you posted right here and it would have been just fine. For example:

"I was not asking anyone to dump any ROMS. I was hoping the author might either sell the ROMS or release them to the community. Sorry if that wasn't clear"

Would have been perfectly fine and my response to you would have been "thank you for clearing that up" but now instead we have this other exchange.

• Like 2

From my perspective, it seems like kind of a waste to put in all the work programming these games to only have five people enjoy them.

Releasing a wider run (say 20 or based on preorder numbers) via the Opcode Game Club seems like a reasonable compromise.

If they were numbered like the prototypes, this would preserve the limited quantity selling point, and more people would get to play them.

It would be nice to see Opcode pursue other sales options other than the prototype system.

I wouldn't mind Juno First getting a ROM release or wider cart release, but I also realize that it would be akin to Opcode shooting himself in the foot regarding future sales.

TL/DR=

Maybe try an Opcode Game Club release for a limited cart in the future rather than five prototypes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We considered the Opcode Club route, but we decide to create the color line instead to handle this sort of game.

So yeah, a wide run for some of those protos is something we can consider doing, if there is enough demand and we can add some extra value.

• Like 3