IGNORED

Paperclip - ATASCII?

MrFish

Does anybody know if there's a way for Paperclip to save files as ATASCII? I couldn't find anything in the manual about it, but I have a feeling it should be possible. I know AtariWriter can do it, but the reference for how to is pretty obscure in the manual, so that's why I think I might be missing something here with Paperclip.

Thanks...

Does anybody know if there's a way for Paperclip to save files as ATASCII? I couldn't find anything in the manual about it, but I have a feeling it should be possible. I know AtariWriter can do it, but the reference for how to is pretty obscure in the manual, so that's why I think I might be missing something here with Paperclip.

Thanks...

I don't think Paperclip will save to ATASCII. Here are some utilities to ASC->ATAS and reverse.

ATASASC.zip

I'm confused -- I thought the default for Paperclip was ATASCII. The default for AtariWriter is ATASCII, and you have to use a separate option to save in ASCII (text)).

You're right, that's what I meant, an ASCII file. It was late when I typed that. I just want the file to be saved as text without the formatting codes.

I don't think Paperclip will save to ATASCII. Here are some utilities to ASC->ATAS and reverse.

Thanks, but I'm looking to know the capabilities of the program rather than just manipulate files.

You're right, that's what I meant, an ASCII file. It was late when I typed that. I just want the file to be saved as text without the formatting codes.

Thanks, but I'm looking to know the capabilities of the program rather than just manipulate files.

I guess PaperClip saves to ATASCII. The 150 page documentation is at www.atarimania.com.

You could strip codes by getting one byte at a time and rejecting it if it is less than 65 or more than 123.

I'm not sure about that. Probably some codes are in the 65 to 128 range.

A workable Paper Clip is available download. The original has a joystick port 2 dongle copy protection

device. I still have my dongle. I can't find my original disk to upload. I think the original disk failed and

I used the download one that's unprotected.

Edited by russg