Photo

Paperclip - ATASCII?

Word Processor ATASCII Save File

6 replies to this topic

#1 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

• 5,423 posts

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:16 AM

Does anybody know if there's a way for Paperclip to save files as ATASCII? I couldn't find anything in the manual about it, but I have a feeling it should be possible. I know AtariWriter can do it, but the reference for how to is pretty obscure in the manual, so that's why I think I might be missing something here with Paperclip.

Thanks...

#2 russg OFFLINE  

russg

Stargunner

• 1,648 posts

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:31 AM

Does anybody know if there's a way for Paperclip to save files as ATASCII? I couldn't find anything in the manual about it, but I have a feeling it should be possible. I know AtariWriter can do it, but the reference for how to is pretty obscure in the manual, so that's why I think I might be missing something here with Paperclip.

Thanks...

I don't think Paperclip will save to ATASCII.  Here are some utilities to ASC->ATAS and reverse.

Attached Files

#3 Larry OFFLINE  

Larry

River Patroller

• 4,091 posts

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:06 AM

I'm confused -- I thought the default for Paperclip was ATASCII.  The default for AtariWriter is ATASCII, and you have to use a separate option to save in ASCII (text)).

-Larry

#4 flashjazzcat ONLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 14,435 posts

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:18 AM

Me too: I wondered if unformatted plain text is what was meant here?

#5 MrFish OFFLINE  

MrFish

• Topic Starter
  • 5,423 posts

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:22 AM

I'm confused -- I thought the default for Paperclip was ATASCII.  The default for AtariWriter is ATASCII, and you have to use a separate option to save in ASCII (text)).

You're right, that's what I meant, an ASCII file. It was late when I typed that. I just want the file to be saved as text without the formatting codes.

I don't think Paperclip will save to ATASCII.  Here are some utilities to ASC->ATAS and reverse.

Thanks, but I'm looking to know the capabilities of the program rather than just manipulate files.

#6 Larry OFFLINE  

Larry

River Patroller

• 4,091 posts

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:23 AM

I got out my PClip manual, and can find no way to save or convert (internally) to ASCII.  Since the PClip editor is essentially the Action! editor, the commands are the same, but no ASCII that I can see.

-Larry

#7 russg OFFLINE  

russg

Stargunner

• 1,648 posts

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:24 AM

You're right, that's what I meant, an ASCII file. It was late when I typed that. I just want the file to be saved as text without the formatting codes.

Thanks, but I'm looking to know the capabilities of the program rather than just manipulate files.

I guess PaperClip saves to ATASCII.  The 150 page documentation is at www.atarimania.com.

You could strip codes by getting one byte at a time and rejecting it if it is less than 65 or more than 123. 

I'm not sure about that.  Probably some codes are in the 65 to 128 range.

A workable Paper Clip is available download.  The original has a joystick port 2 dongle copy protection

device.  I still have my dongle.  I can't find my original disk to upload.   I think the original disk failed and

I used the download one that's unprotected.

Edited by russg, Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:35 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Word Processor, ATASCII, Save File

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users