IGNORED

Xenon II - Megablast! (Bitmap Brothers) - Jaguar Port

CyranoJ

Have been playing this one a bunch, getting very fired up for the release. This is a rom but have the real thing coming in the mail right now.

Best played in a dark room with the volume turned up!! :P

About that CX40 joystick in the pic. Is that from an XEGS or did you custom-paint it? Your ST keyboard looks impressively clean too…did you Retrobrite it?

Edited by Lynxpro

About that CX40 joystick in the pic. Is that from an XEGS or did you custom-paint it? Your ST keyboard looks impressively clean too…did you Retrobrite it?

Thanks, I have two of those white/tan CX40's and they both came with my XEGS. I purchased the ST a few months back off ebay and it's just in really nice shape, I haven't even wiped it down yet. Pretty happy with it so far, lots to do on there!

• 1 month later...

Here is the first teaser for the upcoming release with the replacement audio track. The audio is not final, and the hiss is from my recording (sorry) - but it will give you an idea of the direction the new soundtrack is going in.

How in the flying flock did i miss this?! :-o Must have a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock! :-D

the Bitmap Brothers are my fave 16-Bit Developers (GODS for the WIN ;)) so i'm definitely hang'n for this one!

The new music has been provided by the Atari Musical Megastar - Five'o'Five.

LOVE the new music! I have Xenon II CIB on the ST (plus the first from the Power Pack bundle) but mainly played the first, so my memories a bit shady of the original soundtrack for the sequel. This one i absolutely dig and can't wait for the chance to fully get into the sequel on a Jag!

...and... discuss.

The only real question i have is: Will there be a few different controller options as per in other Jag releases (Pro-Controller enhanced, Mouse compatible, etc)?

Thank you to all involved! So stocked for this one!!! :music:

• Like 2

The only real question i have is: Will there be a few different controller options as per in other Jag releases (Pro-Controller enhanced, Mouse compatible, etc)?

Thank you to all involved! So stocked for this one!!! :music:

Thanks,

There's no need for different controller options - the game only needs 8 directions and a single fire button :)

But just imagine the videos of people trying to control xenon 2 using twin rotaries ;)

that wouldn't work, rotaries use left + right at the same time, which crashes the game, in its state cannot be pressed on a normal pad unless you have special fat fingers :)

that wouldn't work, rotaries use left + right at the same time, which crashes the game, in its state cannot be pressed on a normal pad unless you have special fat fingers :)

Yeah it could. Pad 1 for left/right and Pad 2 for up/down.

No reason it couldn't, except that I'm not adding something that stupid ;)

• Like 1

as far as i am aware / know there is no pre order list but feel free to post interest in acquiring the game here.

the game itself has not started cartridge production as yet due to a few small issues that were found

the box and manual should get started this week, it will be a month or so (maybe more depending on stuff) before there is anything to show for our labours

• Like 4

Yeah, assuming the price is right ...

On a different note I listened to the new music, didn't win me over but it isn't bad either, I guess I was so used to the "bomb da bass - megablast" that it's hard to disassociate Xenon-II from it ... so much so that on platforms that make me chose Music or SFX I pick Music.

If I could hack my own choice of music I'd give S-Express a try .... just saying :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSMRjBELML4

• 3 weeks later...

Cyrano:

Are you looking to try and implement some sort of bolt-on Rapid Fire function? As we all know, playing Raiden, TMcFur and Zero5 without it is an exercise in futility!

Just a thought (i.e. press #1 to turn rapid on/off).

Great work btw. Glad to see the enthusiasm burns intensely for this one. Look forward to seeing the official Jaguar Packaging/Label. That's always my fave part oddly, seeing it go 'official', if you will...

Edited by NeoGeoNinja

Cyrano:

Are you looking to try and implement some sort of bolt-on Rapid Fire function? As we all know, playing Raiden, TMcFur and Zero5 without it is an exercise in futility!

The game has a basic (but slow) auto-fire to start with (you can pump the button faster) - but as you progress you can buy auto-fire power-ups in the shop to make it rapid fire. So, no, I won't be implementing that as it would be 'game breaking' :)

• Like 7

The game has a basic (but slow) auto-fire to start with (you can pump the button faster) - but as you progress you can buy auto-fire power-ups in the shop to make it rapid fire. So, no, I won't be implementing that as it would be 'game breaking' :)

Oh yeah. Forgot about the robo-dude. Ok... point taken. Just this once... ;)