IGNORED

Virtually Every 2600 Manual on 1 Page

TheVgaTv

Hey everyone, I just uploaded several hundred 2600 manuals to my site. It is the archive that was given to me by Philfound on here. I just wanted to post it to my site so that everyone had easy access to it. It is by no means perfect, but hopefully some of you will enjoy scrolling through all the manuals and checking them out (they are viewable in browser). Let me know what you all think!

http://www.thevgatv.com/styled-3/

• Like 23

Thanks everyone, glad y'all are liking the page. If you could do me a favor though, as you are clicking through please let me know if any of the links are broken or if it links to the wrong manual. With that many manuals and pdfs to link together it wouldn't surprise me if there is an error or two.

Nicely laid out. I approve.

Thanks, I appreciate it. When laying it out I tried to make all the manuals roughly the same size, which was tough given that they are all from different sources and are all different sized to begin with. I had to go back and resize the first hundred manuals or so because they gradually got larger and larger as i scrolled down. Next time I buy web design software I'm checking to make sure they have auto resizing for images!

I'll be working on my variation site and adding manuals over the next few months. I'm moving to Florida at the end of this week to start a new job. My wife is staying in NJ to continue packing. You can't imagine the amount of stuff we have. Not sure how many trips it will take. Anyway, since I'll be down there by myself with no wife to hound me to drive her places, I can spend much time with the website. Also, I found my Microsoft 2000, so I may go back to my Front Page to do the web pages. I found it much easier, especially with the links.

Phil

I remember this collection from YEARS ago, and last year some fine fellow on here helped me find a download for it again. Good to know these have a new home!

Side note: Will you ever be updating your youtube channel? I really enjoyed the first twelve eps, and ven thought I understand doing EVERY game would be quite the undertaking it would be nice to see some more.

Edited by Torr

I remember this collection from YEARS ago, and last year some fine fellow on here helped me find a download for it again. Good to know these have a new home!

Side note: Will you ever be updating your youtube channel? I really enjoyed the first twelve eps, and ven thought I understand doing EVERY game would be quite the undertaking it would be nice to see some more.

Hey Torr, as fate would have it I uploaded 2 new episodes yesterday. Assault and Asteroids. My work schedule unfortunately hasn't slowed down quite as much as I would have liked yet so it's taking me a little longer than I thought to get these out. Hopefully I will be able to get a good sized batch of them done before things really pick up again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there no manual for Frontline (by coleco)?

The cover is there, but it's not a link.... just a jpeg.

D'oh! Thanks for pointing that out. I'm feeling pretty good that I got halfway through the F's without messing up the linking! I just corrected it so the manual should be up now. Please let me know if you find any other mistakes like that.

• Like 1

As a side I always hoped someone would make an Atari manual creator like the label creator. Fill in the blanks and add images. It'd go a long way towards standardizing homebrew instructions.

That's a great idea! Wish I was creative enough to put it together myself.

For that matter, how 'bout a "box creator"?! I can envision a Word template; more accessible than Photoshop.

• Like 1

As a side I always hoped someone would make an Atari manual creator like the label creator. Fill in the blanks and add images. It'd go a long way towards standardizing homebrew instructions.

I don't know, does homebrew really need to be standardized? I mean maybe if the manual creator emulated different company styles. For me I really enjoy the variety of style choices.

• Like 1