IGNORED

Season 5 - The New HSC - Week 1 = Mario Bros.

JacobZu7zu7

post-34560-0-02535400-1453424752_thumb.jpg

i agree with the previous HSC ruling.

take those opportunities to take out as many Slipices as possible, just don't intentionally camp out in the same level to keep doing it. sometimes I have to dodge the last crab 2 or 3 times before I can safely take him out. It seems fair to me to go bonkers on slipices while waiting!

• Like 4

42400. I figured I'd just throw a crappy score in here for fun. The last time I did this was 2012, haha.

Don't feel too bad. I consider myself an average player. I played a few rounds and only broke 30,000 once.

Actually on that one game I made it to stage 10 and 53,000pts. I finally reached the icicle stages, yay! Consider this my official submission. :P

post-33189-0-52485500-1453509278_thumb.jpg

I also noticed with the crabs, you have to hit them twice in a row to flip them. If you hit it once and let it go into the pipe, it resets when it respawns. IIRC, in the arcade and NES ports, the crabs have a slightly different sprite after the first hit and don't reset their hit counters when they respawn. I could be wrong though.

• Like 2

Actually on that one game I made it to stage 10 and 53,000pts. I finally reached the icicle stages, yay! Consider this my official submission. :P

attachicon.gifMario Bros Hi Score 53000 Kosmic Stardust.JPG

Two new high scores: 57500 and 58600

Mario's ass got lit by a fireball right as I started the 10th stage... :skull:

• Like 1

**notice**

--bonus points available! (check the top of the thread)

--also, like last season, breaking a HSC record wins a (+1) bonus point. If the record is a maxed/rolled score, you get a (+1) for matching it!

--new rounds will be posted on the weekend to give you a chance to get started a little early, so look out for Round 2!

• Like 1

Bonus....

post-27900-0-47327600-1453535374_thumb.png

I tried playing this game three times, and hated every second of it. Aside from the terrible graphics, the control scheme seems counterintuitive and difficult to get accustomed to. In all fairness to Froggo though, I tend to dislike fighting games anyway, even Boxing by much revered Activision.

A pet peeve of mine is when a game does not show the score at the end of the game. To get a screenshot I had to watch the clock and hit F12 before the last second (mercifully) expired.

• Like 2

Karate - 485 to 400

This game is like Activision Boxing, without the action, excitement, or precision. I knocked my opponent down a couple of times, but I have no idea why. The reputation of a bad game usually precedes the playing of it. This game is proof of that theory.

The name of the game should have should actually have been Kickboxer. It doesn't have much to do with Karate.

If I would have gone to my local Hills store in the '80s, paid money for this, and brought it home, I wouldn't have liked myself very much afterwards.

post-26187-0-82138000-1453567430_thumb.png

• Like 2

Mario Bros.:

post-2641-0-36025900-1453587263_thumb.png

Dancing Diaper Stickmen:

post-2641-0-73528600-1453587262_thumb.png

My comments:

1. (After several rounds) "Ohhhh... I'm the purple guy."
  2. "I got knocked down. Now my diaper is around my neck."
  3. "Needs music. Maybe something from Gyruss. Or Strawberry Shortcake Musical Matchups."
  • Like 2

Dancing Diaper Stickmen:

Karate (1982) (Ultravision)_1.png

My comments:

• (After several rounds) "Ohhhh... I'm the purple guy."
  • "I got knocked down. Now my diaper is around my neck."
  • "Needs music. Maybe something from Gyruss. Or Strawberry Shortcake Musical Matchups."
Diapers!!! :rolling:
  • Like 1