IGNORED

Holes in the 7800 library

Inky

I know this is a weird one to toss out there, but I think the 7800 would be a neat home for a port/adaptation of Advance Wars for the GBA. I love turn based strategy and I think this is a genre that would bridge a gap between retro gamers and their kids who play a more modern style game that would still feel at home on a system from the 80's.

• Like 1

There will be a sequel to Adventure... Right now it's leaning a little more toward Intellivision's Advanced D&D: Cloudy Mountain, but I plan on adding more 'Adventure-isms' to make it more familiar. This one can be two player simultaneous. It's called "Adventure III: The Quest for he Chalice"

Really? Cloudy Mountain is one of my favorite games on the Intelly. Will be waiting for this one!

• 2 weeks later...

There will be a sequel to Adventure... Right now it's leaning a little more toward Intellivision's Advanced D&D: Cloudy Mountain, but I plan on adding more 'Adventure-isms' to make it more familiar. This one can be two player simultaneous. It's called "Adventure III: The Quest for he Chalice"

It would be funny if as an Easter Egg, you substituted the Chalice for the SwordQuest Sword and you had to fight Jack Tramiel* for it, surviving his patented "Jack Attack"...

*Yes, I know... Jack didn't have the sword hanging up in his house. It's just an Atari fan urban myth but it would still be funny as a meta in-joke... Maybe have it in a castle with a map matching the floor plan of 1196 Borregas Avenue... :)

We need duck gunt. For copyright purposes of course.

Uhm, Atari's Quack! predates Nintendo's more famous Duck Hunt. In fact, Duck Hunt is a rip-off of it.

But adding the stupid dog to it and allowing one to blast it would be amusing...

One other thing, before I earn a Klax here...

The 7800 needs the MindLink Controller released. Sure, it doesn't really work as a telepathic device but as a migraine-inducing forehead wrinkling head-band controller, but it's so quirky and odd that it truly deserves to be released.

If the Vectrex homebrewers can build their own light pens and 3D visualizers, the MindLink should be a walk in the park to assemble if the docs are out-in-the-wild. They're probably in Curt's library... :)

I'm already imaging getting a massive headache using it to blast away the Commies in a 7800 version of Communist Mutants from Space...