Photo

Edladdin Colecovision Controller Kickstarter now LIVE!

280 replies to this topic

#276 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,070 posts

Posted Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:29 PM

Hey Ed , I am just checking in to see how the remaining controllers are going .

#277 Mika73 OFFLINE  

Mika73

Chopper Commander

• 247 posts

Posted Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:39 PM

Are there still for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#278 edladdin OFFLINE  

edladdin

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 349 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:47 PM

Hi Everyone,

Well, it makes me very sad to say it, but we ran into another issue here at this late point in the game.  We had completed shipment of all the Seagull CV controller adapters, all the Super Arcade Controllers, and finally shipped the very first Super Arcade Controller PLUS to Mr. William Culver, when the problem was revealed simultaneously with the last pair of controllers shipped - one SAC and William's SAC Plus.  We found out that in certain specific control movements, with certain games, we were getting some random control responses, as if fire and/or keypad buttons were being pressed without that actually being done by the user.  At first we thought it was an incompatibility with OpCode's Super Game Module since it was involved in both cases, but it does not look like that is actually the case.  More likely, we either:

a) Made the sizes of the +5 volt and -5 volt control pulses too long/wide so that they are bleeding over into neighboring pulses, thus triggering the extra commands

b) We did not include a line in the code that would specifically prevent the console from surveying the keypad while the joystick was delivering a signal

Its also possible that either or both of these controllers took some kind of damage in transit.  In the case of the SAC Plus the 3.0 volt battery came out of its holder and was flying around like a pinball inside the case. Its also possible that there was an assembly error, though both tested ok on the regular Super Action Controller testing ROM that I use with all outgoing units.  =

I was hoping that I could write this update with a solid solution/answer in place, but its taken a while to organize the discussions with William, Eduardo of OpCode, and AA member Twin-power, who got that last SAC, all three of which very graciously shared time and brainpower to test the controllers with various games and report on the results.  At this point BOTH of the problem controllers are on their way back to us so that we can do a full battery of tests and nail down what is happening, and know for sure whether the problem is a design error/adjustment, an assembly problem, or the result of damage in transit.   In the meantime, I have been working on building out the remaining SAC Plus controllers - cases, joysticks, and so on.   Hopefully we will find a quick fix and the updated/corrected boards can be installed with a minimum of further delay.

With all that said, this has taken forever - wildly exceeding my most gloomy scenarios - and so if anyone wants a refund OR to apply the credit to something else we sell, I will be happy to make that happen.  Just get in touch and we'll work it out.  But if you will hang in there a little longer, I think we can still deliver the badass multi-console controller that we planned to do way at the beginning.   

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best rgds,

Ed

#279 vazquezrick OFFLINE  

vazquezrick

Chopper Commander

• 176 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 PM

Ed,

I while back I posted videos of similar bad behavior from my control with a few games. Please let me know when you find a fix.

#280 fiddlepaddle OFFLINE  

fiddlepaddle

River Patroller

• 2,220 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:36 PM

I've been watching this thread with intense interest since the beginning, with the expectation of getting a controller from you when they are finally ready (wasn't able to participate last year, but am willing AND able, now). I feel so bad for you, due to the 'little' problems being discovered, but at the same time have been impressed that you are seriously investigating and fixing them rather than merely excusing those particular test cases as "unsupported features". I look forward to learning of your success and salute you, sir!

#281 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,070 posts

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:55 PM

Thanks for the update and I am sorry that these problems occured . I am sure all of us are happy to wait . It isn't like it's been 4 or 5 years . You have always been great at giving updates ! Hope there can be a fix to these problems and look forward to solution . 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users